The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score

AWo

Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
• I have a slight infiltration of water through the "dashboard" ventilation system, on the right side of the passenger door or on the left side of the driver's door depending on the inclination of the vehicle (after a night of rain for example).
If it looks the same in the production vehicles as in that prototype, that mighgt be the reason. Here a seal is missing, protecting the ventilation intake at its side from water coming from the windscreen.

20210907_115216.jpg

BTW, if your dealer needs to change the door handles as a pre-delivery-task, ask him to be very careful. In many cases a small plastic pin will brake and it is not available at the moment. That means further wait time, then.

AWo

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
As for the heat: as some of you know, I was quite worried about the Donny Grey color because I was afraid of the heat inside in summer.

I can now say that it is far from what I know from our black SLK: the temperature inside the Grenadier, which has almost black Donny Grey, is much lower than expected. Today we are @29°C and the car parks in the blazing sun. It's warm inside, of course, but well below "hot".

My guess: first, the windows are pretty much vertical. Second, the privacy glass blocks a lot of the sun's radiation from getting into the car. And third, the roof is not just a sheet of metal, but a structure, and as such mitigates heat gain.

I am very happy about this experience.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it looks the same in the production vehicles as in that prototype, that mighgt be the reason. Here a seal is missing, protecting the ventilation intake at its side from water coming from the windscreen.

View attachment 7816201

BTW, if your dealer needs to change the door handles as a pre-delivery-task, ask him to be very careful. In many cases a small plastic pin will brake and it is not available at the moment. That means further wait time, then.

AWo
Thanks a lot, I will see if I can "simulate rain" at this place, to test your quite strong theory!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
As the temperature has increased here in the UK the cabin has become more and more intolerable to sit in without any working A/C. I've noticed a few bits of plastic trim starting to buckle as well (heat related?)

View attachment 7816191
I've tried to push it back into place but it keeps popping out again.
Bloody hell, that’s very dodgy.

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
As for the heat: as some of you know, I was quite worried about the Donny Grey color because I was afraid of the heat inside in summer.

I can now say that it is far from what I know from our black SLK: the temperature inside the Grenadier, which has almost black Donny Grey, is much lower than expected. Today we are @29°C and the car parks in the blazing sun. It's warm inside, of course, but well below "hot".

My guess: first, the windows are pretty much vertical. Second, the privacy glass blocks a lot of the sun's radiation from getting into the car. And third, the roof is not just a sheet of metal, but a structure, and as such mitigates heat gain.

I am very happy about this experience.
Totally agree… I’m in Kenya. It’s been 25-30 degrees and my car has spent hours out baking in the sun. It’s not nearly as hot as I’d expect it to be. My 200 series is way warmer!

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree - thankfully our AC works fine - but it is very warm initially and leather seats would be a NO NO!
My aircon works too. Like you said, it’s not very cold. My Suzuki Jimny aircon is freezing cold.

Reactions: PBD

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've watched your videos/subbed to your channel, great stuff. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the rig and your trip to Black Sheep, great stuff!
Thank you, much appreciated! Never done this social media stuff before but thoroughly enjoying myself! Appreciate the support very much

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That would be a deal breaker for me.
I live in the desert and well working A/C is a must.
I live in Kenya and the AC is better than my 200. It’s not as cold as my Jimny, but that’s because in the Jimny you have your nose on the dash and butt on the boot!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7816201

AWo
That's how it looks in mine. As you can see, there is some spongy seal. It could be that once that it is saturated with water, the excess water sips into the car ventilation system indeed, or there is perhaps a place with a defect in the seal.
20230613_100255 spongy seal.jpg

I tried to simulate by pouring slowly some buckets of water on it and compressing and releasing the sponge (at both sides of the windscreen), but no water came out of the ventilation system.

Anyway, not a dramatic problem, but it has to be solved, or by me or by Ineos/Hedin.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On my RHD, the filter is directly below that, but don't you have a steering column, brake servo, etc. Have they managed to get it in there, or is it on the opposite side?

Also, the open nature and shape of the filter unit would suggest any water leak there would end up directly in the footwell. Is that what you are experiencing?

There's also a paper(?) filter element in there ~ you could just see if it's wet?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On my RHD, the filter is directly below that, but don't you have a steering column, brake servo, etc. Have they managed to get it in there, or is it on the opposite side?

Also, the open nature and shape of the filter unit would suggest any water leak there would end up directly in the footwell. Is that what you are experiencing?

There's also a paper(?) filter element in there ~ you could just see if it's wet?
Later, later, my wife is home ;) and anyway, I have also some work today.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To the work, I should add.

Back
Top Bottom