The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
My Full Fat Grenadier Utility 😳
Just picked mine up and drove around 50 miles home mainly motorways and dual carriageway. It’s sweet and love that petrol engine😎 although not a fan of stop start. Only realised about stop start when I tried to pull away quick at a junction. That’ll be left off most of the time. TPMS error light showing but was warned about that and software update available shortly to fix. Missing roof rack and camp table but should be in the country by month end. Going out to play with settings now.
LOVE IT 😍View attachment 7812568
Brilliant news. Love the colour which with hindsight I might have opted for. Collect mine on Monday.

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got mine today, SW Inky Black, steering is wierd but im 90% getting used to it, my better half doesnt like driving it as she cant get round the non return steering, but interestingly after only 40 miles its started to correct itself(only had 12 miles on the clock). Cant do a full review but will do later. Its very high i used to have a 90xc and u tow,er above them, driving position is great, seats brilliant, boot is huge, lock on spare wheel rubbish but i think as its new just needs more use (wouldnt put my wallet in it), foot step isnt great but not a deal breaker at all, overall build is great, theres not much i dont like... the bad bits are well so far none apart from its gonna be a sod to clean, but i think its a car i will covet for many years, if you are waiting its worth it and if you have the original price your laughing, my mate has loads of megga wealthy clients and he said youve got a g wagon for a 3rd of the price and yours is better, plus went past a guy in a new defender whos jaw just dropped, my mate was rolling around laughing "u know that look was gutted thats the real deal" nuff said

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There appears to be a number of issues, low power steering fluid, low battery, incorrect tyre pressures, screen wash fluid et al that are clearly PDI issues. The dealers/agents aren't doing themselves any favours to instill confidence in their professionalism
This may be a total coincidence but I have had the same messages but now open the door, put the key into the ignition and turn it on (I have a Tracker that needs a few seconds to de-engage), I get into the seat, put my seat belt on (so probably a 10 seconds wait) and start up, haven’t had a message since doing this process so is this all just a timing issue?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Genuinely delighted for you and hope you enjoy it.

I was interested to learn that your roof rack and rear table should be with you by the end of the month. I hope you’re right. My table is outstanding, as well as my cargo barrier, mats and tow bar. I escalated to Ineos yesterday and they have followed up as promised. Sadly, the answer, although sympathetic and making me a high priority, is they cannot give any timescale as to when any of the outstanding items will be available - lack of tow bar is a massive issue to me.

Could you keep us informed as and when you do get your outstanding items please? It will give me another angle to pursue them again.

Is anyone else waiting for items and being given the same answer as me?
I did get the side steps with mine and the tow hook (ball and pin type). Roof rack and camp table plus recovery kit not available yet. Supposedly in the U.K. by month end but at the dealers and ready to fit by mid June

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
No that isn’t a joke, there were quite a few places that got up to that temp in the UK last year.

It wasn’t for extremely long periods but yes it was seen on a few occasions.

Barmy weather for the UK. Some people even took their raincoats off it was that hot 😝

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I only wore my wellies in the morning.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
He jests not, last summer saw some of the hottest days on record. We even recorded 7 consecutive days without rain in Scotland.
That's hot... I have been in 46d days consecutive and it was diabolical. All we could do was sit in shade, sip luke warm water and spray water on is with the fan going... how does that area get to 42...

As to my first impression, it's going to be at least 2 months later than previously advised :mad:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
First impressions of the saddle leather? It’s an $800 option in US. Those who have it, what do you think?

Local time
Reaction score
Now you mentioned it, mines not switched off either. Is yours a diesel?
Yeah it's diesel, also tried switching all ac and everything off and it still doesn't work. It's a problem I won't be mentioning I think

Local time
Reaction score
The screen reading is your main/starter battery & the dealer should (as part of PDI) charge it to a minimum of 85%.
It got it's PDI at least a week before I eventually got to pick it up and I noticed that the AC and ignition and everything was on with the engine off for the whole half hour handover so it may have been at 85 when it's PDI was done, and yeah I worked that out the day after I posted the comment about the reading's

Back
Top Bottom