The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
For those owners with rubber floor matts - are they worth it? I've had products from WEATHERTECH and Husky and they were both well worth the money (and noticeably less expensive than IA).

What are your opinions on the IA offering and if you've owned the other brands before, how would you compare them?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For those owners with rubber floor matts - are they worth it? I've had products from WEATHERTECH and Husky and they were both well worth the money (and noticeably less expensive than IA).

What are your opinions on the IA offering and if you've owned the other brands before, how would you compare them?
Hello @Krabby . Since I also sit in the vehicle with dirty rubber boots and clothes, carpet was out of the question for me and I opted for the rubber floor mats. They are very stiff, as you can see in the photo. I hold them with one hand on the left side. I would have preferred a softer rubber. I could imagine them cracking and breaking at some point when you take them out, but I don't want to badmouth them in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2093.jpg
    IMG_2093.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 112

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score

I don't remember if I had rubber mats in the past, but they feel OK, not too hard. I really don't feel it's rubber, but I didn't drive barefoot yet ;)

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score

I’ve got the rubber mats. Can’t complain about them. They have deep dimples which are surprisingly good at accumulating dirt, stones and pooled water. The benefit seems to be that if keeps the crap away from your heel and stops you abraiding both the mat and your footwear. I’ve had the front drivers one out for a pressure wash alsready and it came up as new..

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I have no experience of others but the originals one are good fit and good quality. You can purchase 3D mats but space is limited. I would not want any new mats to cover the already awkward foot rest. On the rear seats, there’s a rubber piece over the central transmission hump.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Took delivery of my station wagon this week. First time driving an Ineos, no test drive. My first thoughts are, it looks huge and it’s a tank. Good road presence on the road. People in the know, middle aged men do a double take, LR defenders drivers all look too. Some young kids think it’s a G class. So very well accepted and people let you out of junctions. Mines Donney grey and doesn’t draw too much attention. I feel like Hobbs in fast and furious driving his truck.

I like the high up seating, like sitting on a bus and the door sill is just right for resting my arm. Excellent visibility all around. Reversing is easy. Easier than my old LR Sport. A rear white light just below the rear reverse camera so super bright for reversing.

The door closes with a thud. I have to actually slam it for the first few day because it wouldn’t shut first time. It getting looser.

The diesel engine is very tight at the moment. When starting off, when you press the accelerator, it’s either very slow or full send. Buts it getting better. I noticed that the engine at idle or slow speed, you can hear it whistling from the engine. Maybe it’s a characteristic but I had a BMW X5 3 litre diesel before and can’t remember this sound.

Negatives, the foot rest is an issue. I can’t rest my foot but because I’m small, I can get used to it. Rear seats are very upright, rear leg room is tight but acceptable because it’s a station wagon not a family wagon. The plastics/buttons on the centre dashboard could have been better, couple of minor squeaks coming from the main screen area.

Noise on the motorway is acceptable not loud at 60 mph. Bit of wind noise at 70 but that’s acceptable because it’s shaped like a brick. High speed driving is good. MPG so far avg 25mpg. High speed is stable.

The return to centre steering, need to get used to but I can feel it improving as it loosens. Cornering for such a large car is surprisingly good, not much roll. The brakes are super, very grabby, I like them.

The seats are very comfy too. The sunroof is amazing, but some rattling when it’s open.

The paintwork is excellent. No orange peel. Wireless car play is excellent, good connection. Music system is decent too. Love the LED headlights and halo accents.

Maybe a grab handle for the drivers side too would be nice. I have to grab the steering wheel to climb up.

I looked under the Grenadier and all looks solid and beefy. Like the way the diff pumpkins are squared off at the bottom.

Overall, it’s an excellent 4x4. Utilitarian designed for purpose. Modern but vintage old school. Good road presence. Very good visibility in front because the front bonnet tapers in. Also there is no speedometer binnacle in front of the driver. Size, I measured it against my old LR sport and it’s actually not as wide but slightly longer.
For the money, it’s good value and it feels like it will last forever. It’s a keeper for me.
A very good first impression feedback. Much appreciated. Thank you. I wish a few more of the regular contributors on here had provided as much. That said I am hoping this forum has a long way to go so moving forward, we can all contribute.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A very good first impression feedback. Much appreciated. Thank you. I wish a few more of the regular contributors on here had provided as much. That said I am hoping this forum has a long way to go so moving forward, we can all contribute.
Thank you, will post a bit more after a week, then a month with my honest experiences.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score

Excellent question. I have Weathertech mats in all my vehicles. What are the odds they will roll out a cheaper better quality mat than the Ineos offering by 12/23? Methinks it's time to hit up their customer service. I'm in price shaving mode.

This begs another question to our European brethren - are rubber mats really needed with the utilty floor? Just curious as to your thoughts. My other vehicles' rubber mats are sitting on carpet floors.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actual owners - is the tinted glass worth the money? Is it any different than having a local detailing shop tint the glass? Is it the 2nd row door windows plus cargo area glass?

TY.

Local time
Reaction score
I measured the back yesterday and I’m not at all confident I’ll get a set of 900mm drawers in the back. It’s going to be tight and they may sit slightly over the plastic edge strip right up against the doors.
Even if I do, any fridge that goes on them will need to be no longer than about 700mm to account for the seat lean, which by the way is a fixed position and can’t be adjusted forward or back.
Soooooo, anyone want to buy a 60L engel.

To be honest if they said they were bringing out a “130” vesion soon I’d cancel my order and swa
. But they aren’t, so I won’t.

And I’m not sure a ute version would suit what I want.
You can adjust the lean forward by moving the seat clips forward to the station wagon position, it's a couple of security torx bolts behind the panel. You may need to buy a new little cover panel from a station wagon to make it look good though.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry that I am only now getting back to you with a first report, but I had many other things to do and could hardly deal with the Grenadier until now.
As of now, I have only driven 300 km on country roads. Therefore, I can only give my first impressions. I will of course report if there is anything to add. I have also not set any order or prioritisation in the following list:
- Mass of the vehicle determined on scales (Trialmaster, only basic equipment with partition grid and floor mats) without driver -> 2840 kg, leaving only 660 kg payload.
- No problems with gaps in the plastic interior trim, everything fits very well.
- The rubber floor mats in the front and rear are a perfect fit and do not slip.
- The steering is a bit spongy for me and not so direct, also the steering wheel turns back to the straight-ahead position only very slowly after turning, here you have to steer back to the straight-ahead position with your hands. I don't know this from my other vehicles.
- The interior is very quiet, but at certain resonance frequencies you can hear a very slight vibration of the plastic in the glove compartment area. I'm still working that out.
- The seats are basically fine. However, they press me in the kidney area. An adjustable lumbar support would be desirable. Since I deliberately chose the Trialmaster, an adult person can sit behind me without bumping knees. My seat is in the rearmost position.
- The doors close very well. I would have liked a proper handle on the inside of the large rear door.
- After only a few kilometres, I cannot yet make any statements about fuel consumption. We'll have to wait and see for a few hundred kilometres.
- The plastic bumpers don't impress me. But steel is unfortunately not allowed in our country.
- It is good that there is a positive pole in the engine compartment. But unfortunately there is no earth pole. This is no problem for my battery charge controller. There are many small screw heads here. The situation is different for a jumper cable. Here I still have to find a suitable earth connection.
- Bumps and holes in the road are compensated very well. I am really impressed.
- If you're not careful, you quickly reach the speed limit.
- The automatic shifts very well in my opinion, even if it was a little more noticeable at times.
- The half-height load compartment grille I chose has already proved its worth. I folded down one backrest and loaded a brush cutter. However, this was then completely between the front seats.
- I should have chosen the smoking package, then I would have had a 12V socket. I miss that already.
- The welding spots on the side panels don't bother me at all. They simply match the vehicle.
- The multimedia system in connection with the iphone kept me very busy. I got out because I had neither the time nor the inclination. I would have liked a proper radio better.
- It was also good that I opted for the door sill panels. I am very tall and can manage without them. With children or elderly people, getting in without them becomes a problem.

That's all I can think of at the moment. But I'm sure there will be a sequel.
You not got a 12v in the boot? And in the cubby box? In fact mines has one behind the cubby box too

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You not got a 12v in the boot? And in the cubby box? In fact mines has one behind the cubby box too
Yes, I have a 12V socket in the boot, as well as in the middle box. But I would have liked to have another one in the front panel.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actual owners - is the tinted glass worth the money? Is it any different than having a local detailing shop tint the glass? Is it the 2nd row door windows plus cargo area glass?

TY.
The tint is dark and provides great privacy for rear passengers and dogs or valuables in the cargo area. I'm really pleased with the look.

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Picking mine up tomorrow, station wagon in black, think its gonna be a shock as ive never driven one but im sure i'll get used to it, just used to suv's so will be interesting but think it will suit what i want it to do, well when ive moved the back seats back to maximise passenger space. Will report back if all goes to plan.

KBKLR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked mine up at Grange in Edinburgh this afternoon. Looks great, steps not here so will pick them up on my way back from a trip down into North of England for a week or so. First impression - great bit of kit

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The tint is dark and provides great privacy for rear passengers and dogs or valuables in the cargo area. I'm really pleased with the look.
Thank you - probably a good investment then.

Thanks @DCPU for the photos.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see nobody has mentioned the stop start system yet, does everyone's work as it's supposed to? Mines hasn't switched off once in 350 mile's. I'm certainly not complaining about it though
Mine cuts in if left to it’s own devices, however, I override with the button on start up

Back
Top Bottom