The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
Oh and my first warning came up the first time I started it at the dealership which was low battery, when I checked the leisure battery on the screen that was at 60% then I had loads or spurious warnings which got fewer and fewer as I drove and there's none now, so you guys that mentioned low battery as being part of the issue might be onto something

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
I assumed it wasn't working due to a lower than normal battery charge but it's still not working after 350 miles
Have you checked the battery(s) with a voltmeter?

Also, I'm no expert on s/s but the few hire cars I've had it would not work if I had a few things running like a/c or wipers or etc etc

Local time
Reaction score
Have you checked the battery(s) with a voltmeter?

Also, I'm no expert on s/s but the few hire cars I've had it would not work if I had a few things running like a/c or wipers or etc etc
I'm gonna go do that right now, it took a very long time for the leisure battery to get from 60 to 90% too so it may just be funny readings on the screen

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
is the tinted glass worth the money?
I think yes. One can hardly look inside but still a good view from the inside out. You can leave things in the car without exposing them to unwanted glances. Besides this it adds a noble touch to the car.

AND the car doesn't heat up as quickly in sunlight, that's actually noticeable.

No privacy glass on the front seats however (legal thing in Europe, I think).

Local time
Reaction score
Taken from the owners manual although if we took head of every warning in there we probably wouldn’t move off of the driveway
CAUTION: Only INEOS original Roof Rack / Roof Bars are allowed to fix on drain gutter. Pay load must allocate equally and pay load center of gravity should be as low as possible.
Yup! I have a Front Runner rack for my G-wagen and thought it might be a reasonable alternative to the Rhino. But looking at the US prices, the Rhino is actually cheaper than the FR! (for the /, that I am considering.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see nobody has mentioned the stop start system yet, does everyone's work as it's supposed to? Mines hasn't switched off once in 350 mile's. I'm certainly not complaining about it though
It might be related to battery charge level.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Full Fat Grenadier Utility 😳
Just picked mine up and drove around 50 miles home mainly motorways and dual carriageway. It’s sweet and love that petrol engine😎 although not a fan of stop start. Only realised about stop start when I tried to pull away quick at a junction. That’ll be left off most of the time. TPMS error light showing but was warned about that and software update available shortly to fix. Missing roof rack and camp table but should be in the country by month end. Going out to play with settings now.
LOVE IT 😍IMG_1625.jpeg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just picked mine up and drove around 50 miles home mainly motorways and dual carriageway. It’s sweet and love that petrol engine😎 although not a fan of stop start. Only realised about stop start when I tried to pull away quick at a junction. That’ll be left off most of the time. TPMS error light showing but was warned about that and software update available shortly to fix. Missing roof rack and camp table but should be in the country by month end. Going out to play with settings now.
LOVE IT 😍View attachment 7812568
Congratulations. Looks fantastic.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm so happy for you! Our Grenadiers look very similar, except for the panels. And your white lettering on the tyres is also inside.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Genuinely delighted for you and hope you enjoy it.

I was interested to learn that your roof rack and rear table should be with you by the end of the month. I hope you’re right. My table is outstanding, as well as my cargo barrier, mats and tow bar. I escalated to Ineos yesterday and they have followed up as promised. Sadly, the answer, although sympathetic and making me a high priority, is they cannot give any timescale as to when any of the outstanding items will be available - lack of tow bar is a massive issue to me.

Could you keep us informed as and when you do get your outstanding items please? It will give me another angle to pursue them again.

Is anyone else waiting for items and being given the same answer as me?

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Genuinely delighted for you and hope you enjoy it.

I was interested to learn that your roof rack and rear table should be with you by the end of the month. I hope you’re right. My table is outstanding, as well as my cargo barrier, mats and tow bar. I escalated to Ineos yesterday and they have followed up as promised. Sadly, the answer, although sympathetic and making me a high priority, is they cannot give any timescale as to when any of the outstanding items will be available - lack of tow bar is a massive issue to me.

Could you keep us informed as and when you do get your outstanding items please? It will give me another angle to pursue them again.

Is anyone else waiting for items and being given the same answer as me?
I am still waiting for the car :ROFLMAO:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You want to get some round-up on your gravel…! MM does look good with the RAI..

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh and my first warning came up the first time I started it at the dealership which was low battery, when I checked the leisure battery on the screen that was at 60% then I had loads or spurious warnings
The screen reading is your main/starter battery & the dealer should (as part of PDI) charge it to a minimum of 85%.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I see nobody has mentioned the stop start system yet, does everyone's work as it's supposed to? Mines hasn't switched off once in 350 mile's. I'm certainly not complaining about it though
Now you mentioned it, mines not switched off either. Is yours a diesel?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The screen reading is your main/starter battery & the dealer should (as part of PDI) charge it to a minimum of 85%.
There appears to be a number of issues, low power steering fluid, low battery, incorrect tyre pressures, screen wash fluid et al that are clearly PDI issues. The dealers/agents aren't doing themselves any favours to instill confidence in their professionalism

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Is it the new way of selling vehicles, organise everything yourself.

DIY PDI and then on first service you take it back to the agent who has booked you some time on the ramps so you can service it yourself as well. 😆

I am assuming that when checked the steering fluid and screen wash were all found to be low.

Back
Top Bottom