The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
I don't think so. I'm trying to remember if there's a SIM in it.

A few years ago, I think there was a company refurbishing them with some more modern internal components, but I've never seen one in use.

In the drawer, I also found this:

WP_20230511_012.jpg

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've been snooping around in the front footwells and can't see any usb power sockets to power a dash cam. I can see a yellow OBD port and some embedded LED lights. Anyone found the location of the power outlet (other than the central storage box)?

Reactions: PBD

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

A few years ago, I think there was a company refurbishing them with some more modern internal components, but I've never seen one in use.

View attachment 7811318
6310i. An awesome phone.. legendary battery life.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7811318
I have the exact same phone sitting in a drawer in the study. No idea why I keep these things - a hoarder by nature perhaps.

Last edited:

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
These were great phones! I am also a hoarder but sitting in a box behind me are a stack of electronics including 5 of these Nokias, iPhones, digital cameras etc. If any one wants them they are more than welcome:)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Let this not be us! (I will throw them out soon dear)
View attachment 7811326
That “one” time you find exactly what you need in that big box of cables and chargers and, and, and, vindicates the existence of said box and allows you to keep it for another 10 years. 😂

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That “one” time you find exactly what you need in that big box of cables and chargers and, and, and, vindicates the existence of said box and allows you to keep it for another 10 years. 😂
VERY TRUE!
(You just never know when they might come in handy)

Local time
Reaction score
I've been snoopi0ng around in the front footwells and can't see any usb power sockets to power a dash cam. I can see a yellow OBD port and some embnt dded LED lights. Anyone found the location of the power outlet (other than the central storage box)?
No USB or cig outlets provided in footwells but there's supposed to be 10A power feeds (Deutsch plugs) behind the kick panels. I'll be fitting some surface mount usb & cig outlets down there either side of the transmission tunnel. Should also be power avlb from the front fuse box under the dash.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone found where to plug in a code reader yet??? Picture would be much appreciated of the connector.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone found where to plug in a code reader yet??? Picture would be much appreciated of the connector.
You mean the OBD port? It's a yellow port under the driver's side dash (near the door) - near the accelerator pedal.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No USB or cig outlets provided in footwells but there's supposed to be 10A power feeds (Deutsch plugs) behind the kick panels. I'll be fitting some surface mount usb & cig outlets down there either side of the transmission tunnel. Should also be power avlb from the front fuse box under the dash.
@MarkH , I'll look again but didn't see any obvious connectors. Not sure what you mean by kick plates. Would they be covered by the carpet? Mine's carpeted.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You mean the OBD port? It's a yellow port under the driver's side dash (near the door) - near the accelerator pedal.
yep that one - if you get a chance to see if it's standard 9 pin connector?

Local time
Reaction score
@MarkH , I'll look again but didn't see any obvious connectors. Not sure what you mean by kick plates. Would they be covered by the carpet? Mine's carpeted.
The kick panels are plastic coverings on the wall near the floor just forward of the door openings either side, they sometimes hide wiring. Can usually be unclipped and taken off.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
First Impressions:

Picked up today, diesel Fieldmaster with the rough pack and some other extras. It’s missing the tow ball and the table. First issue low range won’t engage, but I decided to take it anyway as I’ve paid for it and it’s taxed and insured. They can have it back and fix it when they fit the accessories.

First few miles it was quite loud and the steering was very odd. Took a while to get used to. After 25 miles the engine was already smoother and the cabin was quieter.

I realised when I got home I had been smiling the whole way.

There are loads of reasons not to like this car, it has tons of rough edges but it has the X factor in spades. The radio is average - what you would expect on a £30k hatchback. The infotainment is poor, not intuitive and sparse in functionality. It’s buggy, supposedly I’m doing 7.8l/100 miles or 56mpg. I’d be happy with half that. The footrest is a non issue, I’m 6’4” and big build, the pedal offset is more annoying and that’s also not an issue. You need the sidesteps, it’s a long way up. I use them every time. The headlights are great. No rattles or squeaks.

Bottom line though I already love this car, as long as they fix the issues it’s a long term keeper.

Back
Top Bottom