The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
I’m also interested in this. The proterties of the rubber or plastic can make a big difference.
rubber does not perform well over time in full sun, degrades and begins to blacken everthing, then cracks and crumbles. Aslo very slippery when wet.
plastics often slippery, thesedays can handle sun well though.
im not sure anything is going to be able to have a bonding to the roof where water cant penetrate At all.
so being able to replace or refurbish these might be a 5 year thing.
ive also wanted to line more of the roof between them, and rear edge, for sliding stuff on and off.

if anyone can shed light on what is under them, and if they’re easy to temporarily remove/reinstall, that would be great info. Half expected countersunk hex head bolts every 300mm…

Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
Tonight I was on the road again and enjoyed the ride. The first half of the journey went without any incident reports. On the return journey, the usual messages were there briefly after starting, but then disappeared. I am confident that this can be fixed with a software update. I can only confirm that it is really fun to be on the road with the Grenadier. When I stopped in a car park, a man got out of a vehicle and said "It's real!" Until then, he had only seen it on the internet and in magazines.
Regarding the water infiltration, do you have the safari windows? Curious if those have drain lines like regular sunroofs do and if they could be getting crimped or clogged causing the water to back up and leak in under the headliner and down the A-pillar into the foot well area. I had that issue on an old H3 I had.
I have the safari windows and there are indeed drain lines. I still have to search for the origin of the leak.

jfkn christ.

a new car that prides it's self with limited electronics so you don't have to deal with bs and tech that fks the car. yet they still can't get it right.

as for the safari windows..two push/pull open/close holes in the roof with a rubber seal. you're saying it already has water problems. if you don't have water problems you'll prolly get catapulted out of those things in a roll over or crash.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
jfkn christ.

a new car that prides it's self with limited electronics so you don't have to deal with bs and tech that fks the car. yet they still can't get it right.

as for the safari windows..two push/pull open/close holes in the roof with a rubber seal. you're saying it already has water problems. if you don't have water problems you'll prolly get catapulted out of those things in a roll over or crash.
One person has a water leak that he can't find
Why would you get catapulted out of the safari windows in a rollover when you are wearing your seatbelt and surrounded by airbags?????
More chance of going out a side window if anything, but again seatbelt and airbags.

Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
One person has a water leak that he can't find
Why would you get catapulted out of the safari windows in a rollover when you are wearing your seatbelt and surrounded by airbags?????
More chance of going out a side window if anything, but again seatbelt and airbags.

there's no safety regulations on sunroofs and these are even old school and prolly less safe. they're also large enough to rocket even fatty's out of. don't think for a second that it's not possible it can happen.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
there's no safety regulations on sunroofs and these are even old school and prolly less safe. they're also large enough to rocket even fatty's out of. don't think for a second that it's not possible it can happen.
There’s a lot of things that can happen. But it is not a matter of „can“ but of likelihood. Here in Germany are a lot of cars with old school sunroofs and even more with fancy panorama roofs. I am surrounded by fire fighters more or less every day and I get to know a lot of their stories, but it never seems to be a problem with those sunroofs in accidents. More with idiots that do not buckle up their kids!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
My main concern with the 4 hard plastic roof rails running on top of the roof is that when I examined them, they are not only very slippery, even more important is that the plastic flexed and is not solid. If you rely on just these strips for hauling things like plywood or surfboards frequently, there is a very good chance that the bottom edges of the plastic where they meet the roof will wear away the paint on the roof and also allow water to collect under them. These should have been rubber strips that were adhered to the roof so no rubbing and no water could have gotten under them. I will likely pop them off and find some rubber strips to adhere directly to the roof with automotive tape to prevent rubbing on the paint, moisture easily getting under the strips and rotting out the roof and also to have something not so slick. Wish my garage entry was higher, as I would just put a rack on and not worry about it, however not an option for me. Just saying, they should have been rubber.
Don't forget you're looking at a relatively early prototype (yes?), so as with so many things final form, material and even bonding may have changed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure which country you are in but there sure are safety regulations on sunroofs in Australia.
Once again you would be wearing a seatbelt
The entire roof of my vehicle is glass so if anyone was going to go out on a rocket, catapult, slingshot or jetpack I think that would be more at risk.
Not to mention all those soft top convertible vehicles or that horrendously unsafe 2CV

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice.

What’s the motorway speed limit? 80mph circa 128km/hr.
70mph in UK, most police forces fine you over 80mph and over 100mph you lose your licence duration depends on speed and how many points on your licence you already have

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
jfkn christ.

If you are worried about that, don’t buy them, I have had about 4 convertible’s in my life, have one now. A small hatch sunroof is not a serious concern. As for leaks, It will probably leak over time, I will deal with that.

MrJAT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Collected my Fieldmaster diesel today from the Paul and Tom at Compass - thank you guys . Very thorough handover.
85 mile drive home , mostly motorway and the engine is soooo smooth. Purrs at 80mph doing about 1800 rpm or so. Tried to be light footed but blimey its waiting to pounce from any speed.
Just the tpms warning on after 25 mile or so. Delivery mileage was 20m.
Couldn't get android to connect to google maps - concensus is i need a c to c cable not the c to larger one ???Help please Galaxy phone.
Visibility and comfort give you the " i own this road feeling - lets just drive from the soul of the car"
Home now and under armed guard
Is yours Petrol? mine does 1800rpm at 63mph. Maybe that's the difference between vibrations and not between petrol and diesel?

Back
Top Bottom