The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
EDIT: cruise control can be a blessing on wide open roads with minimal gradients. If you get into hilly country with sharpish curves, leave the cruise control OFF.
I use it almost everywhere.

As soon as I have may be 100m of free road and there is a speed limit, I trigger my cruise control lever and let it roll. Being on a country road, even for a few hundred meters, I set it on as well if there is not much traffic. In our residential areas - I switch it on, if there is not much traffic.

I'm so much used to it that it takes less concentration to operate the cruise control than to take care of the speed limit. Very convenient, and for me, an automatic behaviour.

The automatic transmission can have a nasty habit of dropping down a gear or two and accelerating around the corners to maintain the Cruise Control speed you had previously set for the open road....;)
It seems, that the cruise control of my 23 yo Benz is smarter than in modern variants. If there is a somewhat sharp curve, the cruise control does not maintain speed at any price. Instead, it switches off at a certain side force or if the ASP steps in. Same if I switch to "N" (which I sometimes do to let my car "sail" when approaching a red the traffic light). And it doesn't go back to cruise control if I turn back to "D". I have to activate it again then my self.

Typos edited.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone having issues shutting the doors. I’m getting the bollock ache, I have to slam any door I open especially the rear doors and still getting the door open message,then have to close it again 🤬🤬🤬
If you have your bollocks between the door and the car, I'm not surprised it hurts.

But I am impressed that this holds the door open.

Respect! (y)

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
My main concern with the 4 hard plastic roof rails running on top of the roof is that when I examined them, they are not only very slippery, even more important is that the plastic flexed and is not solid. If you rely on just these strips for hauling things like plywood or surfboards frequently, there is a very good chance that the bottom edges of the plastic where they meet the roof will wear away the paint on the roof and also allow water to collect under them. These should have been rubber strips that were adhered to the roof so no rubbing and no water could have gotten under them. I will likely pop them off and find some rubber strips to adhere directly to the roof with automotive tape to prevent rubbing on the paint, moisture easily getting under the strips and rotting out the roof and also to have something not so slick. Wish my garage entry was higher, as I would just put a rack on and not worry about it, however not an option for me. Just saying, they should have been rubber.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
Collected my Fieldmaster diesel today from the Paul and Tom at Compass - thank you guys . Very thorough handover.
85 mile drive home , mostly motorway and the engine is soooo smooth. Purrs at 80mph doing about 1800 rpm or so. Tried to be light footed but blimey its waiting to pounce from any speed.
Just the tpms warning on after 25 mile or so. Delivery mileage was 20m.
Couldn't get android to connect to google maps - concensus is i need a c to c cable not the c to larger one ???Help please Galaxy phone.
Visibility and comfort give you the " i own this road feeling - lets just drive from the soul of the car"
Home now and under armed guard

Attachments

• gren day.jpg
    gren day.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 112

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
Collected my Fieldmaster diesel today from the Paul and Tom at Compass - thank you guys . Very thorough handover.
85 mile drive home , mostly motorway and the engine is soooo smooth. Purrs at 80mph doing about 1800 rpm or so. Tried to be light footed but blimey its waiting to pounce from any speed.
Couldn't get android to connect to google maps - concensus is i need a c to c cable not the c to larger one ???Help please Galaxy phone.
Visibility and comfort give you the " i own this road feeling - lets just drive from the soul of the car"
Many congratulations - hope you enjoy it

Android Auto just needs to connect to USB C port in the centre cubby box. Worked first time for me

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
Nice.

What’s the motorway speed limit? 80mph circa 128km/hr.

Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier - I believe here is a service campaign regarding possibly changing the seals on the safari windows in event of leakage - contact your dealer.
Today I poured water in the hole in the roof of the safari window: water pouring down beneath the car, nothing inside, therefore at first sight not the seal.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My main concern with the 4 hard plastic roof rails running on top of the roof is that when I examined them, they are not only very slippery, even more important is that the plastic flexed and is not solid. If you rely on just these strips for hauling things like plywood or surfboards frequently, there is a very good chance that the bottom edges of the plastic where they meet the roof will wear away the paint on the roof and also allow water to collect under them. These should have been rubber strips that were adhered to the roof so no rubbing and no water could have gotten under them. I will likely pop them off and find some rubber strips to adhere directly to the roof with automotive tape to prevent rubbing on the paint, moisture easily getting under the strips and rotting out the roof and also to have something not so slick. Wish my garage entry was higher, as I would just put a rack on and not worry about it, however not an option for me. Just saying, they should have been rubber.
Brochure says the strips are rubber
Screenshot 2023-05-11 084037.png

Jmelliott07

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
I have the safari windows and there are indeed drain lines. I still have to search for the origin of the leak.
That very well could be where the issue is especially if the leaking happens/doesn’t happen when the Grenadier is at certain angles. If others are experiencing this I would think it is unlikely debris is already clogging them up this new and it could be design related with the lines getting pinched maybe due to the more rigid/boxy angles we all love with the Grenadier design? You can always try shooting compressed air down the drain line and even some wd40 before (let it dry before hitting with the air) to see if that helps if it is in fact just some debris that needs to be cleared out.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At a drive event last November I climbed the rear ladder up onto the roof of a PRO2 and the four roof protectors felt slightly soft like rubber to me.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
I know the brochure says rubber roof strips, however the prototype I drove did not have rubber strips, they were HDPE plastic, which I am familiar with as I used to manufacture a product with it. Perhaps the vehicles being delivered to customers have rubber strips, however jamesdp checked his new vehicle and they are plastic and not rubber.

Back
Top Bottom