The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
Re the doors
They were completely shut but the car would not recognise this and would throw up an error message telling me they were not closed when i drove away and not locking the doors on pull away as it should.
I had to go round and open and close ALL the doors again which usually cured this , but the rear doors would not register closed at all so the central locking would not work.
I had to lock the doors with the key when parking, locking with the key does not set the alarm.
When i first had the car the seals were soooo good i had to open the window or the interior pressure caused a problem closing the doors from inside the vehicle.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
The strapping used to tie it down should stop it from moving in any direction.Not friction.
So that's direct lashing? Good luck with that ~ I'd be blocking and using friction/anti slip mats for any loose sheet goods.
Most heavy duty roof racks are bare metal with no rubber or plastic on them.
Doesn't mean that's best practice.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tonight I was on the road again and enjoyed the ride. The first half of the journey went without any incident reports. On the return journey, the usual messages were there briefly after starting, but then disappeared. I am confident that this can be fixed with a software update. I can only confirm that it is really fun to be on the road with the Grenadier. When I stopped in a car park, a man got out of a vehicle and said "It's real!" Until then, he had only seen it on the internet and in magazines.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
And which one is your daily drive?
None of them.
However I just took this picture from my kitchen window of the builder pulling up to start the day on my neighbours new house build.
Plain metal builders racks with sheets of yellow tongue flooring strapped on top.
6:30 am and ready to start work.
Frames were delivered and dropped out front at 5:45 am today

1683664308041.png

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Personally I’ve got no problem putting sheet material direct onto a metal roof rack or bars but I would definitely use bigger ratchet straps than that guy and also secure ina better fashion. 😳😂😂😂

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Personally I’ve got no problem putting sheet material direct onto a metal roof rack or bars but I would definitely use bigger ratchet straps than that guy and also secure ina better fashion. 😳😂😂😂
Considering he has a 30 minute drive to get here at 80-100kmh for part of the way I would agree with you.
He is in his late 60's and has probably been doing it for years without a problem.
I still wouldn't travel behind him for long

Jmelliott07

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove for the first time on the motorway. Very nice driving, no problems, but I struggled a little bit with the cruise control (learning phase). I really enjoyed it!

I also tried to “engine brake” (is that the right word?) instead of the “foot break”, by going to manual mode.

There I had a little surprise, and it lasted some testing before knowing what happened: “cruise control should be off!”

In my previous car (Suzuki Grand Vitara), as soon as I switched gears (manual gearbox), cruise control switched off.

Here, when I go from automatic gear shift to manual AND switch to a lower gear, cruise control stays on, and the car wants to go back to the speed that was set without changing gear of course (manual mode), therefore accelerating instead of braking.

Is that “normal BMW behavior” or is it “INEOS software” behavior? Perhaps somebody who knows the BMW can answer?

I struggle also a little bit with the info screen. Going back from the music player on my phone to radio is still a small mystery for me (but I didn’t search thoroughly). I use AIMP, a Russian music player, and it works very well on Android and car screen! Sound is OK for me.

It is raining now, and before posting my message, I went to my car to see if there was again water infiltration in the car at the passenger (right) side: nothing! But the car is slightly inclined in the other direction compared to two days ago! And now it seems I have some water at the other (driver) side, but it could be because of opening the door and entering with wet feet. Will have to check.

Conclusion: very confident in the car to drive it on motorways and normal roads. I am delighted.

Next week, on Thursday, I’ll leave Belgium to visit my youngest son, wife and grand-daughter in Hungary. Probably two or three days normal drive (German motorways and Czech or Austrian and Hungarian normal roads). I’ll stay 3 days at their place, and I pretend to drive back in about one week without any motorways, hoping to find some nice forest or other hard tracks.
Regarding the water infiltration, do you have the safari windows? Curious if those have drain lines like regular sunroofs do and if they could be getting crimped or clogged causing the water to back up and leak in under the headliner and down the A-pillar into the foot well area. I had that issue on an old H3 I had.

Reactions: PBD

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"In my previous car (Suzuki Grand Vitara), as soon as I switched gears (manual gearbox), cruise control switched off.

Here, when I go from automatic gear shift to manual AND switch to a lower gear, cruise control stays on, and the car wants to go back to the speed that was set without changing gear of course (manual mode), therefore accelerating instead of braking.

Is that “normal BMW behavior” or is it “INEOS
software” behavior? Perhaps somebody who knows the BMW can answer?"

Jean, it's standard behaviour on all vehicles with automatic transmission and cruise control . The only way to disengage the Cruise Control is either to press the "cancel" switch, or lightly tap the brake pedal (just enough to activate the brake light switch).

EDIT: cruise control can be a blessing on wide open roads with minimal gradients. If you get into hilly country with sharpish curves, leave the cruise control OFF. The automatic transmission can have a nasty habit of dropping down a gear or two and accelerating around the corners to maintain the Cruise Control speed you had previously set for the open road....

Also, my understanding is that the Grenadier does not have "adaptive" cruise control , a forward radar which automatically applies the brakes to prevent you getting close and personal with the vehicle in front.... The moral of the story is don't engage Cruise Control in traffic on congested motorways !!;)

Last edited:

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just a heads up that we have started a poll for people who have taken delivery to record how their vehicle is in a general sense. Hopefully we can get everyone who has taken delivery to respond so we get a clearer picture of how many vehicles have issues and how major or minor they are. The poll is ongoing so people can continue to respond as they receive their vehicles into the future.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
Regarding the water infiltration, do you have the safari windows? Curious if those have drain lines like regular sunroofs do and if they could be getting crimped or clogged causing the water to back up and leak in under the headliner and down the A-pillar into the foot well area. I had that issue on an old H3 I had.
I have the safari windows and there are indeed drain lines. I still have to search for the origin of the leak.

Last edited:

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the safari windows and there are indeed drain lines. I still have to search for the origin of the leak.
@Jean Mercier - I believe here is a service campaign regarding possibly changing the seals on the safari windows in event of leakage - contact your dealer.

Back
Top Bottom