The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
It is something like a computer, a mobile phone, WhatsApp, Youtube, a bank card ... too difficult to explain to you, go back to school :eek: :ROFLMAO: ...Where are you living? Tasmania ... ooh yes I see :devilish:
Don't send your brain biopsy to me then ! I'm just a dumb pathologist with 1/2 a neuron and over 30 years in the trade ;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@Tazzieman is totally against modern technology.
As he explains often on a global internet forum group...
I am going to call bullshit on that one.
Actually I do know what CC is. On my V8 Disco it's broken. On my V8 Porsche it's non functioning. The others? :LOL:
My wife's cars have all been moderns and they've all had it. We just never need it.
And if you fall asleep at the wheel (all you mainlanders who do 8 hour driving stints...) Well I've met the deceased results ;)
Modern tech is like walking frames for those who can still walk.
I'm keeping my senses tweaked for as long as possible.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
LOL lads keep up the banter! I pretend I'm tech illiterate , just to piss off my sons and make them sort out stupid problems invented by people who like inventing shit you don't actually need!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
I don't know in which part of the forum to post this, but this small thing was inside my car at delivery, and even the Hedin guy didn't know what it is?
I "googled" it (by taking a picture) and I got quite some bulb holders (doesn't look like) and electric connectors (certainly not that) as a result ...
Perhaps somebody knows? @Tazzieman ? No electronics inside! But it is plastic, not steel or wood! :rolleyes:

View attachment 7810951
If only we had access to the parts & drawing catalogue...

AWo

Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
here are a buttload of people who want the Grenadier to go back to analogue simplicity and are changing up from their old Defenders.
In the beginning the Grenadier should even have no central wireless locking. Simple mechanical keys should do it. However. it was considered to have more convenience functions for some markets as also the US farmer appreciates a certain level of comfort. Now all customers can enjoy all that fine things.

AWo

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the beginning the Grenadier should even have no central wireless locking. Simple mechanical keys should do it. However. it was considered to have more convenience functions for some markets as also the US farmer appreciates a certain level of comfort. Now all customers can enjoy all that fine things.

AWo
And it is a good compromise in my opinion.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Utilitarianism... not sure it's as simple as we were told it would be!

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
Anyone having issues shutting the doors. I’m getting the bollock ache, I have to slam any door I open especially the rear doors and still getting the door open message,then have to close it again 🤬🤬🤬

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone having issues shutting the doors. I’m getting the bollock ache, I have to slam any door I open especially the rear doors and still getting the door open message,then have to close it again 🤬🤬🤬
First couple of days we were re closing them all the time but it’s not a problem now.. Are you sure you’re doing it right because I’ve not used my bollocks to close the doors and have always used my upper body..?

Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
In any manual vehicle with cruise control if you hit the brake or the clutch cruise control turns off.
In all automatics hitting the brake turns it off.
Just get used to tapping the brake before changing gear.
no different to you pushing the clutch before changing gear
With my Volvo 70R manual, pushing the clutch pedal switched off auto speed control

jamesdp

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up my Trialmaster on Friday from Ineos West London. Thoughts and issues so far....

Absolutely love it!! It does mostly what it said on the tin, with a few minor variations. All in all can't complain, they've done a terrific job of bringing what is essentially a unique offering to market in under 5 years.

The handling is 'of the genre' as it were; it is most certainly not an SUV, and doesn't handle like one. There is the vagueness in the centre as noted by many but it really isn't a problem, nor is the slow steering ratio. In fact, it makes it remarkably easy to manoeuvre what is a large vehicle in confined spaces.

The engine in a honey, and mapped very well for its intended purpose. Obviously still in the running in phase, so haven't given it the full potatoes yet, but there is bags of power and should be just fine for anything I can throw at it.

Seats are very comfortable and the footwell intrusion is a non-issue for me. The rear bench is perhaps more old defender than many may expect, but the children seem happy, and the odd adult who has been in it enjoys the high seating position and view out.

There are a few gremlins that were flagged before handover and should be rectified with the next software update to come in the next couple of weeks I'm told. Erroneous and intermittent warnings for all sorts of things, which go away after driving for a bit. The roll sensor reads 4 degrees to port when on flat ground and the altimeter said I was underwater once I left the dealership. All things that will be sorted soon I'm told.

In my vehicle the interior microphone isn't working, so no calls, but music works so can live with that for a week or so before it goes back in to be sorted.

Bar the minor glitches mentioned, it's a great vehicle; versatile and capable. Well worth the wait, and looking forward to having everything squared away soon to rectify said glitches. Till then, I can run it in and get to grips with it generally.

Attachments

• IMG_7625.jpg
    IMG_7625.jpg
    617.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_7628.jpg
    IMG_7628.jpg
    586.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_7631.jpg
    IMG_7631.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_7634.jpg
    IMG_7634.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_7636.jpg
    IMG_7636.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 201

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up my Trialmaster on Friday from Ineos West London. Thoughts and issues so far....

Absolutely love it!! It does mostly what it said on the tin, with a few minor variations. All in all can't complain, they've done a terrific job of bringing what is essentially a unique offering to market in under 5 years.

The handling is 'of the genre' as it were; it is most certainly not an SUV, and doesn't handle like one. There is the vagueness in the centre as noted by many but it really isn't a problem, nor is the slow steering ratio. In fact, it makes it remarkably easy to manoeuvre what is a large vehicle in confined spaces.

The engine in a honey, and mapped very well for its intended purpose. Obviously still in the running in phase, so haven't given it the full potatoes yet, but there is bags of power and should be just fine for anything I can throw at it.

Seats are very comfortable and the footwell intrusion is a non-issue for me. The rear bench is perhaps more old defender than many may expect, but the children seem happy, and the odd adult who has been in it enjoys the high seating position and view out.

There are a few gremlins that were flagged before handover and should be rectified with the next software update to come in the next couple of weeks I'm told. Erroneous and intermittent warnings for all sorts of things, which go away after driving for a bit. The roll sensor reads 4 degrees to port when on flat ground and the altimeter said I was underwater once I left the dealership. All things that will be sorted soon I'm told.

In my vehicle the interior microphone isn't working, so no calls, but music works so can live with that for a week or so before it goes back in to be sorted.

Bar the minor glitches mentioned, it's a great vehicle; versatile and capable. Well worth the wait, and looking forward to having everything squared away soon to rectify said glitches. Till then, I can run it in and get to grips with it generally.
Looking good and like those seat covers, are they M&M. ?

Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
In any manual vehicle with cruise control if you hit the brake or the clutch cruise control turns off.
In all automatics hitting the brake turns it off.
Just get used to tapping the brake before changing gear.
no different to you pushing the clutch before changing gear
Hi Dave,
In every manual car I had the cruise control went off when I put my foot on the clutch and changed gear, until my V6 manual Amarok.
While in cruise control in the V6 manual Amarok if you put your foot on the clutch the revs drop, you change gears the engine then seems to rev match the selected gear speed ( unfortunately the only time it does rev match ), and cruise control resumes, which gave me a bit of a surprise.
It is a modern ZF manual only released in 2020, so may be a modern ZF thing?.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I saw (somewhere) that only the "Ineos/Rhino" rack is approved for gutter mounting. All others negate warrant???? Surely Frontrunner will get approval?
Really?

That would be really bad as I am going done another path.
Please link me to that source when you find it.

Thanks.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone checked the 4 roof rails on the roof to see if they are rubber or plastic. Reason for asking is that when I test drove a prototype at the Santa Clarita/Los Angeles event the roof rails were not rubber and were slippery plastic, perhaps HDPE Plastic. Not great for keeping things from moving around on the roof.
Be interested to know what the delivered Grenadiers have on their roofs. If plastic, would be nice to see someone offer a rubber non slip rail as an aftermarket solution. Not looking for a roof rack as my Grenadier won't fit in my garage with a rack attached. Tight fit.

jamesdp

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone checked the 4 roof rails on the roof to see if they are rubber or plastic. Reason for asking is that when I test drove a prototype at the Santa Clarita/Los Angeles event the roof rails were not rubber and were slippery plastic, perhaps HDPE Plastic. Not great for keeping things from moving around on the roof.
Be interested to know what the delivered Grenadiers have on their roofs. If plastic, would be nice to see someone offer a rubber non slip rail as an aftermarket solution. Not looking for a roof rack as my Grenadier won't fit in my garage with a rack attached. Tight fit.
It hard plastic. Adhesive rubber strip along the top should do it.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Really?

That would be really bad as I am going done another path.
Please link me to that source when you find it.

Thanks.
Taken from the owners manual although if we took head of every warning in there we probably wouldn’t move off of the driveway
CAUTION: Only INEOS original Roof Rack / Roof Bars are allowed to fix on drain gutter. Pay load must allocate equally and pay load center of gravity should be as low as possible.

Back
Top Bottom