The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
I measured the back yesterday and Iā€™m not at all confident Iā€™ll get a set of 900mm drawers in the back. Itā€™s going to be tight and they may sit slightly over the plastic edge strip right up against the doors.
Even if I do, any fridge that goes on them will need to be no longer than about 700mm to account for the seat lean, which by the way is a fixed position and canā€™t be adjusted forward or back.
Soooooo, anyone want to buy a 60L engel.

To be honest if they said they were bringing out a ā€œ130ā€ vesion soon Iā€™d cancel my order and swap. But they arenā€™t, so I wonā€™t.

And Iā€™m not sure a ute version would suit what I want.
Engel 45 = 650mm...

Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
Great photos and good to hear positive comments.
Got an I Kamper set up as well although on the trailer.
Will probably be getting the Frontrunner rack for the car given the ā€œalready purchaserā€ Rhino wont be around till July.
Enjoy Italy, where are you going?
Paul
I saw (somewhere) that only the "Ineos/Rhino" rack is approved for gutter mounting. All others negate warrant???? Surely Frontrunner will get approval?

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
Iā€™ve just got back from six hours driving today in mine - nothing exciting, sadly.

However, I too struggled to get the HVAC to work consistently to a set temperature. I noticed after a while that when you turn the temp dial, it shows the temp (in degrees) on the central screen for a few seconds. However, pressing the Auto button, didnā€™t hold the temperature. It just kept blowing cold air. Switch off the Auto button, and it blew hot air - without changing the temperature.

Would love to hear if anyone has mastered it.

I also had a few software issues, with a few spurious warnings (Climate Control, PDC, a few others). Turned on and off a few times, some persisted, others cleared. Then I tried switching the ignition on and leaving the car for about 30 seconds. Seemed to go through all its checks. Then I started it. No more spurious warnings, for the three hour journey home.

Might be worth giving it a try and see what happens.

Finally, I have zero vibration at any rpm. Just smooth all the way through.

Hope this helps
Hi, I can echo your observation: when you switch ignition, wait for 20-30s and only then start the motor I observed much less warnings.
This was a recommendation from the dealer as well. Obviously still some need for software updates.
Warnings were for example back seat safety belt red signal; not sure why as had no passengers šŸ¤Ŗ.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi there. I've signed a contract for a diesel grenadier with delivery due in July. I'm very concerned by the software and vibration issues reported here. If you've experienced these issues, and I'm really sorry if you have, can you confirm that you've reported them through your dealer and I'd be interested to know what Ineos are saying they will do to rectify it.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Hi there. I've signed a contract for a diesel grenadier with delivery due in July. I'm very concerned by the software and vibration issues reported here. If you've experienced these issues, and I'm really sorry if you have, can you confirm that you've reported them through your dealer and I'd be interested to know what Ineos are saying they will do to rectify it.
Sent off a report to Ineos yesterday Gwynne but itā€™s bank holiday so donā€™t expect a reply till tomorrow.
Car is sitting on my drive looking fantastic, just not drivablešŸ˜”

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a diesel and can't say i've had any vibration issues, have had a couple of long trips now under its belt (nothing muddy yet)and the software glitches have stopped.
The rear door knob is working now.
The one thing i can't find is how to turn off the see you home headlight settings??
i'm not sure if i'm getting use to it but the steering has loosened off and it is more responsive on pull away.
Next additions will be rear cup holders and seat back map pockets.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Go to ā€Settingsā€
Then to ā€œVehicle Functionsā€
Then to ā€œCentral Lockingā€

There is an option here to allow you to change it

see page 159 in the manual
Is there a setting for central locking where you can choose which doors unlock. Iā€™d like the option to just unluck the front two with first press of the key fob. šŸ‘šŸ¼

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is there a setting for central locking where you can choose which doors unlock. Iā€™d like the option to just unluck the front two with first press of the key fob. šŸ‘šŸ¼
Itā€™s in the same sub menu as above. I think you can separate the driverā€™s door to unlock on one press, and the rest on two presses. Not sure if you can select front two on one press and the rears on the second press. (I havenā€™t played with this at all)

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where have you sent it exactly? Is there a nominated email address or person?
Tom Johnson, head of VIP and Lynns hit man I think!
Update
Truck has been standing for 16 hrs locked up.
Turned ignition on but did not start engine as suggested by Deepblue, all the faults have cleared apart from TPMS.
TPMS readings from front left clockwise: 42-41-43-44. Real tyre pressures: 37-36-37-38, I set them all at 37. So the TPMS system is over reading pressures by 5 psi at front and 6psi at back, this must be what was causing the warning of over pressure yesterday as the tyres heated up.
Software version is :- SW0000000353001939, I think this is the latest version, I put it in red as it needs improvement :ROFLMAO:
Both Tom Johnson and Mark at JT Hughes have replied this morning by email (not bad on a bank holiday) and promising to fix it ASAP.
Plan. I have a circular rout from home that will at its furthest is only 10 mile from home. I recon if I drive round it for a couple of hours or until the problems start, it will give us more data to work from.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Update
Turned ignition on but did not start engine as suggested by Deepblue, all the faults have cleared apart from TPMS.
TPMS readings from front left clockwise: 42-41-43-44. Real tyre pressures: 37-36-37-38, I set them all at 37. So the TPMS system is over reading pressures by 5 psi at front and 6psi at back, this must be what was causing the warning of over pressure yesterday as the tyres heated up.
Software version is :- SW0000000353001939, I think this is the latest version, I put it in red as it needs improvement :ROFLMAO:
Both Tom Johnson and Mark at JT Hughes have replied this morning by email (not bad on a bank holiday) and promising to fix it ASAP.
Plan. I have a circular rout from home that will at its furthest is only 10 mile from home. I recon if I drive round it for a couple of hours or until the problems start, it will give us more data to work from.

Glad to hear itā€™s a bit more positive today mate. Hopefully when you go for a test drive things hold out better and it isnā€™t the rolling circus you have had to endure over the weekend. Fingers crossed for you.

The TPMS issue seems to crop up regularly from what I can see (unless you have posted it several times šŸ˜Š)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe this is the man he'll call:
Screenshot_20230508_103613.jpg

Update
That promising. šŸ‘

From following JLR's recent history with software "updates", debugging seemed to mostly consist of switch off or removing checks that proved troublesome rather than fixing anything.

Have you been given the breakdown assist number to call ~ do they have a mechanism to escalate direct to Ineos or their team of "flying spanners"?

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Go to ā€Settingsā€
Then to ā€œVehicle Functionsā€
Then to ā€œCentral Lockingā€

There is an option here to allow you to change it

see page 159 in the manual
Thanks (y) (y)sorted
I must have a different manual page 159 is USB is audio output specs ??:unsure:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
Interesting that the TPMS gives a excessive tyre pressure warning for 41-44 psi. I would have thought a lot of people would run the BFGā€™s at that sort of pressure regularly?? I know I generally run my ATā€™s at 40psi cold day to day on the black stuff. This normally equates to circa 44psi hot.

I would have thought warnings would have more to do with rapid changes to pressures or one tyre being out of sync with the others?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting that the TPMS gives a excessive tyre pressure warning for 41-44 psi. I would have thought a lot of people would run the BFGā€™s at that sort of pressure regularly?? I know I generally run my ATā€™s at 40psi cold day to day on the black stuff. This normally equates to circa 44psi hot.

I would have thought warnings would have more to do with rapid changes to pressures or one tyre being out of sync with the others?

Interesting and everyday is a school day, I wouldnā€™t have run mine that high, for no other reason that ignorance.

I assume other people run theirs at similar pressure on Tarmac

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score

IMG_8774.jpeg
From the draft manual.

Back
Top Bottom