The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sir Jim pours more money into Ineos Automotive.

From the Independent,

Man United owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe pours nearly £600m into his car project
Ineos Automotive, which makes the Grenadier offroader, now owes the rest of Sir Jim’s chemical-making empire €2.43bn after it borrowed €710m more

Howard Mustoe
1 day ago

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
I don’t know if my joke transcended our different cultural saying/meanings, or if I just whiffed it. I was picking at you as you said canyon so I used gorge. To me a canyon is larger/wider while a gorge is steeper/smaller. Probably should have used ravine or gully, but it’s 2am and I’m fighting off the Zzzz monster. Obviously you are a brillant man, you own a Grenadier after all!! 😉😎
I would have used crevice, but that may have transcended our different cultural meanings.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t know if my joke transcended our different cultural saying/meanings, or if I just whiffed it. I was picking at you as you said canyon so I used gorge. To me a canyon is larger/wider while a gorge is steeper/smaller.
A canyon is "deep, steep-walled, V-shaped valley cut by a river through resistant rock."
I am a pedantic peasant 😁
The word "couloir" is my escape route. Pronounced " root" in my country 😉

Local time
Reaction score
Well are you a buyer now?
Absolutely when the fix all water leaks, loose hoses from factory, the heating and cooling systems and have a stable electrical system that doesn’t wig out on owners, add to that have a wider service base and spares supply I am all over it without hesitation as I think they are the best fit and best engineered 4wd for my needs
Multiple times you have questioned why I am here
I have kept a very keen eye on this project from its conception , I would love to pull the trigger and buy one but after spending hours reading this forum and other articles I have decided to hold off for now.
I will continue to stay reading this forum to keep up with the latest from owners so I can make a proper informed decision , exactly the same reason I am on a few other LR and 4wd based forums
Personally I don’t need some who IMO essentially epitomises all that is wrong in the US and a lot of the world telling me where I should or shouldn’t be active on social media but thanks for sharing with all

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
Absolutely when the fix all water leaks, loose hoses from factory, the heating and cooling systems and have a stable electrical system that doesn’t wig out on owners, add to that have a wider service base and spares supply I am all over it without hesitation as I think they are the best fit and best engineered 4wd for my needs
I have kept a very keen eye on this project from its conception , I would love to pull the trigger and buy one but after spending hours reading this forum and other articles I have decided to hold off for now.
I will continue to stay reading this forum to keep up with the latest from owners so I can make a proper informed decision , exactly the same reason I am on a few other LR and 4wd based forums
Personally I don’t need some who IMO essentially epitomises all that is wrong in the US and a lot of the world telling me where I should or shouldn’t be active on social media but thanks for sharing with all
Fist off except the service base, which I already found two local shops saying they are willing to service and work on mine if ever needed, I have had NONE of the other issues you list. There have been numerous people on this forum that have explained to you on numerous occasions those were issues with the very first models and most of it has been fixed. There are some with some issues still, but it’s a handful not widespread like you post. You can check Facebook for numerous Grenadier owners saying their Grenadiers just went thru “hurricane” with zero leaks!! Yet, you keep bringing it up like it’s a current wide spread issue. As a matter of fact, it is YOU who keeps coming on the forum posting about all these past issues and making it sound like it’s an ongoing wide spread issue. I personally own 2 & drive one almost daily, have friends who also own several and we have all purchased all of ours within the last 6-8 months and NONE of us have had ANY issues other than the beeps from over speed warning etc and if some little sounds prevent you from buying one, then this is not for you (if it ever was). Do you actually read anything I have posted to you on other threads? I have NEVER told you where you should and shouldn’t go. I have simply stated the same rights that give you to come on here and always be negative, also gives me the same rights to defend the vehicle I really enjoy. Copy and paste any post of mine where I told you to leave & I will eat my words. When I ask you what’s your true purpose on here that’s not telling you to leave, it’s because you aren’t an owner (don’t have to be to be on here), never will be I will bet both my Grenny’s on, and are always posting the exact same negative rhetoric acting as if these vehicles have all these current issues and it’s wide spread. I believe you’re either paid to be on here to bash the brand or such a Toyota or whatever vehicle you own fan, that you go on all other forums to bash anything other than your vehicle. That’s my opinions and I’m sticking to it. If you came on here asking questions, being positive or just enjoying in the conversations, I may have never first said anything to you. Feel like I’m beating my head against a brick wall as I know you won’t change. I am also not the only member calling you out. Do you not see that? There is a saying my grandfather use to say (and I know he didn’t start it)….”grandson if you run into an asshole in the morning, it’s just bad luck, but if you keep running into assholes all day long, well then it just may be because you’re the asshole, don’t be that asshole grandson”!

1730145569497.jpeg

Edit: you brought this up “exactly the same reason I am on a few other LR and 4wd based forums”…..so post what forum and your username so I can go check out if you’re this negative to other brands of vehicles and if this is a pattern. Make me eat my words. I’m not above saying I was wrong, but you will have to prove to me that I am!!

Last edited:

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Do we know the current total production of IGs? Divide 3.14bn invested by IA by the number of vehicles built... I'm guessing I got a good deal on my unit.
That's like looking at a new pizza restaurant that took $500K to build and then after they have been open a week and sold 200 pizzas at $20 each, saying "I got a great deal on a pizza that cost $2,500 to make." Not trying to pick you out individually, but this is a common analysis that people tie to start-up companies. The initial investment is not intended to be recovered in the short-run, its the long term that they are investing in.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
If memory serves I seem to recall GM filing for Bankruptcy some years ago.
Jaguar would be gone if it wasn't for Landrover sales.
Mazda just took a $4.2 Billion loan in 2020 and is not looking good.
Chrysler & Stellantis are just about finished.
Cadillac will be bankrupt soon
McLaren is only just surviving
Mitsubishi cars will probably only last another year or so.
Volvo just cut off Polestar funding and neither will be around in a couple of years.
Buick ditto
Lucid is in hospital on the pump
Lotus.....
Fiskar
Infiniti
Rivian is looking doubtful
Even Ford is struggling

These are all inaccurate and incomplete statements, you should unsubscribe from whatever source you read those at.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:16 PM
Reaction score
Fist off except the service base, which I already found two local shops saying they are willing to service and work on mine if ever needed, I have had NONE of the other issues you list. There have been numerous people on this forum that have explained to you on numerous occasions those were issues with the very first models and most of it has been fixed. There are some with some issues still, but it’s a handful not widespread like you post. You can check Facebook for numerous Grenadier owners saying their Grenadiers just went thru “hurricane” with zero leaks!! Yet, you keep bringing it up like it’s a current wide spread issue. As a matter of fact, it is YOU who keeps coming on the forum posting about all these past issues and making it sound like it’s an ongoing wide spread issue. I personally own 2 & drive one almost daily, have friends who also own several and we have all purchased all of ours within the last 6-8 months and NONE of us have had ANY issues other than the beeps from over speed warning etc and if some little sounds prevent you from buying one, then this is not for you (if it ever was). Do you actually read anything I have posted to you on other threads? I have NEVER told you where you should and shouldn’t go. I have simply stated the same rights that give you to come on here and always be negative, also gives me the same rights to defend the vehicle I really enjoy. Copy and paste any post of mine where I told you to leave & I will eat my words. When I ask you what’s your true purpose on here that’s not telling you to leave, it’s because you aren’t an owner (don’t have to be to be on here), never will be I will bet both my Grenny’s on, and are always posting the exact same negative rhetoric acting as if these vehicles have all these current issues and it’s wide spread. I believe you’re either paid to be on here to bash the brand or such a Toyota or whatever vehicle you own fan, that you go on all other forums to bash anything other than your vehicle. That’s my opinions and I’m sticking to it. If you came on here asking questions, being positive or just enjoying in the conversations, I may have never first said anything to you. Feel like I’m beating my head against a brick wall as I know you won’t change. I am also not the only member calling you out. Do you not see that? There is a saying my grandfather use to say (and I know he didn’t start it)….”grandson if you run into an asshole in the morning, it’s just bad luck, but if you keep running into assholes all day long, well then it just may be because you’re the asshole, don’t be that asshole grandson”!

View attachment 7875426

Edit: you brought this up “exactly the same reason I am on a few other LR and 4wd based forums”…..so post what forum and your username so I can go check out if you’re this negative to other brands of vehicles and if this is a pattern. Make me eat my words. I’m not above saying I was wrong, but you will have to prove to me that I am!!
Let it go @Dual Grenny Guy , maybe the problem is much simpler @MattA , maybe he will never have one and will never be able to have one and that makes him extremely angry and he has to justify himself thinking that it is a piece of shit car in order to be able to bear it, here in Spain there is a very popular saying that goes like this "never argue with an idiot, he will take you to his territory and beat you by a landslide" so listen to me, just ignore him, and if we do everything he will disappear. if we don't do it all the threads he is involved in will be ruined. Find peace

Regards
Paco Garcia

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
Let it go @Dual Grenny Guy , maybe the problem is much simpler @MattA , maybe he will never have one and will never be able to have one and that makes him extremely angry and he has to justify himself thinking that it is a piece of shit car in order to be able to bear it, here in Spain there is a very popular saying that goes like this "never argue with an idiot, he will take you to his territory and beat you by a landslide" so listen to me, just ignore him, and if we do everything he will disappear. if we don't do it all the threads he is involved in will be ruined. Find peace

Regards
Paco Garcia
Spot on!
Good quote from Mark Twain too.

Toot

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
Happy to report I have had zero issues. The one thing you are half right about IMO is if you don’t have a dealer close by it might be a little annoying … but spoiler, that’s true with any new car purchase. Mine has been absolutely bullet proof.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
More beautiful views, but is it just me or are those roads pretty tight? Looks like if two vehicles are going towards each other, one will have to pull off to the side of the road so the other can pass. I am not claustrophobic, but if that tunnel was any longer I would be hesitant entering that bad boy. Hahaha that cow was like “ this is my road and I’m not rushing off for some vehicle”!!! 🤣

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spot on!
Good quote from Mark Twain too.
But it’s sooooooo hard when him and a couple other “members” come on here and post negative stuff that is not even relative now and people on the fence read those post and maybe decide not to buy one. I think that’s some of these non owner/negative posters real agenda!!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
More beautiful views, but is it just me or are those roads pretty tight? Looks like if two vehicles are going towards each other, one will have to pull off to the side of the road so the other can pass. I am not claustrophobic, but if that tunnel was any longer I would be hesitant entering that bad boy. Hahaha that cow was like “ this is my road and I’m not rushing off for some vehicle”!!! 🤣
That's only on our gravel roads.
Our sealed roads are much better
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX_zsj4u62A

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Noob question, do yall have a lot of kangaroos or animals that jump onto the road and damage vehicles? In the US, it’s usually deer that do that, but they can really damage a vehicle.
Lot's of kangaroos, camels, wild horses, wombats, deer, emu's and stray livestock.
Typical road signs warning of roos, emu's and camels.
The big buck kangaroo was in my backyard next to the Grenadier last summer.
He is a grey and they are much smaller than the red's you get further out.
The small females are about 50 metres from my house and just came up through the neighbours yard and hopped down the road.
They are about 3-4 foot tall.
Screenshot 2023-07-09 085447.pngScreenshot 2023-11-11 120402.png1730152130453.png1730152171956.png

Back
Top Bottom