The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
I was hoping for some people to take proper ownership of their vehicles this week, and we would start to all sit back with a sign of relief. However, it is concerning that people's orders are actually going out wrong (as in the car is made, sent, then all the realisation of a total stuff up comes to fruition).

Surely, for us in the 2nd/3rd/4th month of manufacturing, we will not be subject to the issue facing the 'early hand raisers and 1st batch reservationists'.
jeepers I hope not

It's as if someone knocked the 2 boxes of carefully sequenced index cards off the desk, one box containing customer names and order numbers, the other containing the build sheets.
A bit mixed up now.

Could never happen with SAP and an add-on customer relations management system could it.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
They are starting to make fun of us on a Land Rover forum - LR4x4 Forum - Ineos Grenadier

"Good job these Grenadiers are nothing like the awful new Defender with all its software and ECU's and such nonsense
:ph34r:
just plain simple vehicles, easily repaired with minimal electronics, yes sir..."

(What's more cringe-making is I'm the moderator - I cannot in all good faith edit or whinge about the content - too close to home!)

I'm marshalling a cycle race on Sunday; my LR90 is still not road legal and my Grenadier is "somewhere", so I need to decide between Charlie, the silver Vauxhall Agila or Fay the 50 year old Morgan, neither have the road presence of a full sized 4x4.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
They are starting to make fun of us on a Land Rover forum - LR4x4 Forum - Ineos Grenadier

"Good job these Grenadiers are nothing like the awful new Defender with all its software and ECU's and such nonsense
:ph34r:
just plain simple vehicles, easily repaired with minimal electronics, yes sir..."

(What's more cringe-making is I'm the moderator - I cannot in all good faith edit or whinge about the content - too close to home!)

I'm marshalling a cycle race on Sunday; my LR90 is still not road legal and my Grenadier is "somewhere", so I need to decide between Charlie, the silver Vauxhall Agila or Fay the 50 year old Morgan, neither have the road presence of a full sized 4x4.
Just ask them how many windscreens they have been through and what they cost and watch them squirm 🤣

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:15 AM
Reaction score
It's as if someone knocked the 2 boxes of carefully sequenced index cards off the desk, one box containing customer names and order numbers, the other containing the build sheets.
A bit mixed up now.

Could never happen with SAP and an add-on customer relations management system could it.
Anyone who's data sorted a spreadsheet only to realise later that it's not picked up all the columns of data will sympathise with what may have happened.

Given the repeated issues at all earlier stages of the buying process, it can't really be a surprise that mistakes of this nature are happening right at the end of the process. It's at least consistent.

However, it's an excellent opportunity for Ineos, maybe the VIP Manager in particular, to directly grip the issue, micro manage new orders directly into the production schedule and get correct vehicles to these owners within a few weeks.

Use as an example of where being a relatively small company it can be agile and react swiftly to demonstrate outstanding customer service.

Ineos just needs to step forward.

Last edited:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
Anyone who's data sorted a spreadsheet only to realise later that it's not picked up all the columns of data will sympathise with what may have happened.
I agree as long as picking the correct data isn‘t the very core of the task assigned.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Given the repeated issues at all earlier stages of the buying process, it can't really be a surprise that mistakes of this nature are happening right at the end of the process. It's at least consistent.

However, it's an excellent opportunity for Ineos, maybe the VIP Manager in particular, to directly grip the issue, micro manage new orders directly into the production schedule and get correct vehicles to these owners within a few weeks.

Use as an example of where being a relatively small company it can be agile and react swiftly to demonstrate outstanding customer service.

Ineos just needs to step forward.
Managers these days are too afraid to rattle cages and get stuff sorted, for fear of offending their workers and class actions for identifying failure, which is the workers turning it against management as 'bullying'. I have no confidence in the new IA GM... given the lack of update/information and subsequent radio silence from said person.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I think the issue is spotting the mistake ~ almost impossible when it's colour and engine type.

Maybe we need a swap shop thread "Got MM diesel looking for Green petrol".

You might want to include LHD/RHD as a parameter here.
Would be "Got MM petrol, looking for Green Diesel" and of course, as @das mo has pointed out correctly, LHD. Be it as it may, I just had a very constructive and helpful call with my agent and now have a second order in the pipeline. I feel that makes me somewhat special and only hope that I don't end up with two cars...

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would be "Got MM petrol, looking for Green Diesel" and of course, as @das mo has pointed out correctly, LHD. Be it as it may, I just had a very constructive and helpful call with my agent and now have a second order in the pipeline. I feel that makes me somewhat special and only hope that I don't end up with two cars...
I would not care about ending up with two, but just paying for one. ;P

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would not care about ending up with two, but just paying for one. ;P
Very glad it is resolved, but how much delay will you incur waiting for the new build?

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's great news, pleased your agent has managed to get your order back into the system.

For what it's worth I had a similar experience. When "my" car went into production IA managed to transpose two numbers in my order number which corresponded to someone else's order, so a totally different car came off the line. Because by then it was effectively the other (lucky!) person's order it never made it to my agent, unlike yours. My agent was very proactive in getting to the root of the problem and pushed IA hard to get the correct order into production ASAP. Accepting that I've a delay of, say, 2+ months over what should have been this is the only realistic solution and I'm OK with that. Never did get an apology from IA, though lots from my agent who have been outstanding throughout.

Based on my experience I suggest you keep in close contact with your agent and that they push hard with IA management to get your new order into production so as to minimise your delay. Good luck!

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Very glad it is resolved, but how much delay will you incur waiting for the new build?
We shall see. I hope they calculated with enough buffer when they specified the end of June as the delivery date in the last contract. Would accept everything from tomorrow on until then, I guess. And who knows, since the last one arrived before I signed a contract, the next one might have been ready before I even ordered.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
6 days that I didn't see my future car, so passed along at the dealer this morning after being released from a State Prison in the neighborhood ;)

The "Ineos" manager was present and I heard or understood next things (some are not very new):
  • Two of their cars got software updates, and at first sight those were successful. But the software still has to be validated, as well as the update itself.
  • Ineos decides which cars get their problems solved first, not the dealer
  • The updates are done at the dealer, but in cooperation with a technician of Ineos (who doesn't come on site)
  • As all cars have different kind of problems, Ineos starts mainly with the "easy problems"
  • As my car has some specific problems, I will probably not get it before April first. It could as well be half of April :mad:
  • The Grenadier is officially known in Belgium in the official database of the country since yesterday: all papers necessary for registering the car, paying taxes :sick: and getting an insurance can be delivered
  • Deliveries from Hambach to the dealer go on: soon they will have 29 cars!
  • Not one delivery yet to a customer
  • Even their own dealer demo car (production Petrol Fieldmaster with VIN number ending on 000461) isn't allowed to be released! This car has some smaller hardware problems too, waiting for the spares to be delivered!
  • Manuals didn't arrive yet: Ineos asked in which language the customers want the manuals (Dutch or French or ...). Lucky I came along: I want the manual in English, because translations always have mistakes! And they supposed I would want it in Dutch!
  • Accessories were not delivered yet: no side steps, no off road recovery kits, etc.
For newcomers: this concerns the Belgium and Luxemburg dealer Hedin in Lokeren.

Conclusion: sick of waiting!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
6 days that I didn't see my future car, so passed along at the dealer this morning after being released from a State Prison in the neighborhood ;)

The "Ineos" manager was present and I heard or understood next things (some are not very new):
  • Two of their cars got software updates, and at first sight those were successful. But the software still has to be validated, as well as the update itself.
  • Ineos decides which cars get their problems solved first, not the dealer
  • The updates are done at the dealer, but in cooperation with a technician of Ineos (who doesn't come on site)
  • As all cars have different kind of problems, Ineos starts mainly with the "easy problems"
  • As my car has some specific problems, I will probably not get it before April first. It could as well be half of April :mad:
  • The Grenadier is officially known in Belgium in the official database of the country since yesterday: all papers necessary for registering the car, paying taxes :sick: and getting an insurance can be delivered
  • Deliveries from Hambach to the dealer go on: soon they will have 29 cars!
  • Not one delivery yet to a customer
  • Even their own dealer demo car (production Petrol Fieldmaster with VIN number ending on 000461) isn't allowed to be released! This car has some smaller hardware problems too, waiting for the spares to be delivered!
  • Manuals didn't arrive yet: Ineos asked in which language the customers want the manuals (Dutch or French or ...). Lucky I came along: I want the manual in English, because translations always have mistakes! And they supposed I would want it in Dutch!
  • Accessories were not delivered yet: no side steps, no off road recovery kits, etc.
For newcomers: this concerns the Belgium and Luxemburg dealer Hedin in Lokeren.

Conclusion: sick of waiting!
Said it all along. Hardware problems/parts problems/replacement bits problems along side software. Cannot all be "all" related to software at this point in time. The 'different cars have different problems' is concerning and I think your the 2nd or 3rd person to have a dealer mention that... quite concerning actually. What the hell would different vehicles have wrong with them, that each requires its own assessment and repair, as they are all being treated no doubt.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Makes you wonder how they know which vehicles have which problems? Do they identify issues in batch and hold and then ship them anyway? Or are these known issues with specific options not present on all vehicles? Diff locks? Petrol? Diesel?

Back
Top Bottom