The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
Makes you wonder how they know which vehicles have which problems? Do they identify issues in batch and hold and then ship them anyway? Or are these known issues with specific options not present on all vehicles? Diff locks? Petrol? Diesel?
The dealer is removing the car from transport mode, and is testing the different functions (probably with an Ineos technician online) and they transmit the problems to Ineos. Car by car! :eek:

Last edited:

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
The dealer is removing the car from transport mode, and the is testing the different functions (probably with an Ineos technician online) and they transmit the problems to Ineos. Car by car! :eek:
Wow. I hope your dealer is able to back charge INEOS Automotive for their technician's time doing this else they are going to be seriously out of pocket.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
6 days that I didn't see my future car, so passed along at the dealer this morning after being released from a State Prison in the neighborhood ;)

The "Ineos" manager was present and I heard or understood next things (some are not very new):
  • Two of their cars got software updates, and at first sight those were successful. But the software still has to be validated, as well as the update itself.
  • Ineos decides which cars get their problems solved first, not the dealer
  • The updates are done at the dealer, but in cooperation with a technician of Ineos (who doesn't come on site)
  • As all cars have different kind of problems, Ineos starts mainly with the "easy problems"
  • As my car has some specific problems, I will probably not get it before April first. It could as well be half of April :mad:
  • The Grenadier is officially known in Belgium in the official database of the country since yesterday: all papers necessary for registering the car, paying taxes :sick: and getting an insurance can be delivered
  • Deliveries from Hambach to the dealer go on: soon they will have 29 cars!
  • Not one delivery yet to a customer
  • Even their own dealer demo car (production Petrol Fieldmaster with VIN number ending on 000461) isn't allowed to be released! This car has some smaller hardware problems too, waiting for the spares to be delivered!
  • Manuals didn't arrive yet: Ineos asked in which language the customers want the manuals (Dutch or French or ...). Lucky I came along: I want the manual in English, because translations always have mistakes! And they supposed I would want it in Dutch!
  • Accessories were not delivered yet: no side steps, no off road recovery kits, etc.
For newcomers: this concerns the Belgium and Luxemburg dealer Hedin in Lokeren.

Conclusion: sick of waiting!
That can only be, at best described as a completely chaotic situation, it is as if they have lost absolute control of the situation totally. I wonder if those 29 to come from Hambach have "issues" to be resolved as well.

Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
Actually, every day the vehicles aren’t being delivered means less time to discover and sort issues before the US market see them. Right now Ineos is only dealing with known problems. There will be more discovered as they hit the road en mass.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wow. I hope your dealer is able to back charge INEOS Automotive for their technician's time doing this else they are going to be seriously out of pocket.
I bet the techie is glad of the "training" ~ there's only so many times you can re-arrange your tool drawers or sweep the workshop floor.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
6 days that I didn't see my future car, so passed along at the dealer this morning after being released from a State Prison in the neighborhood ;)

The "Ineos" manager was present and I heard or understood next things (some are not very new):
  • Two of their cars got software updates, and at first sight those were successful. But the software still has to be validated, as well as the update itself.
  • The updates are done at the dealer, but in cooperation with a technician of Ineos (who doesn't come on site)
  • As all cars have different kind of problems, Ineos starts mainly with the "easy problems"
  • As my car has some specific problems, I will probably not get it before April first. It could as well be half of April :mad:
  • The Grenadier is officially known in Belgium in the official database of the country since yesterday: all papers necessary for registering the car, paying taxes :sick: and getting an insurance can be delivered
  • Even their own dealer demo car (production Petrol Fieldmaster with VIN number ending on 000461) isn't allowed to be released! This car has some smaller hardware problems too, waiting for the spares to be delivered!
  • Manuals didn't arrive yet: Ineos asked in which language the customers want the manuals (Dutch or French or ...). Lucky I came along: I want the manual in English, because translations always have mistakes! And they supposed I would want it in Dutch!
  • Accessories were not delivered yet: no side steps, no off road recovery kits, etc.

Detailed as ever. 👌

I'm beginning to think that Ineos are using you to disseminate info whilst remaining at a respectable distance to maintain plausible deniability. 🤔😉

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
With regards to the recall.

After a lot of begging and minor harassment I've been reliably informed that, the vehicles that were part of the batch and hold at the factory have had or are having their 'issues' rectified at source. The vehicles that had already shipped are having their 'issues' rectified at the agent/dealer level. These are being conducted according to their respective VIN numbers and is not some random scattergun response from IA.

The only things is can take away from this is that.

• IA want all vehicles or at least a vast majority of them to have their 'issues' rectified and ready for delivery across the board, so no one agent/dealer or jurisdiction gets the Grenadier first, enabling IA can announce a first day of deliveries worldwide.
  • Keep an eye on the ones on the way to Australia perhaps as these if they left the factory needing the rectification work carried out they will be the last of the batch until the respective agents can work their magic.
  • Vehicles have to be individually attended to by IA at the factory or the dealer/agent, as there is no reference to mechanical parts, or parts of any sort then this would lead one to assume en masse it really is a software thing.

Of course this was all off the record and totally deniable from the people I spoke to.

All I can say is hold the line and don't bail until you see the blink of an indicator, but if you do then someone may get bumped up the queue.

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score

Maybe I was given some red meat after all to keep me out of the way...

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Detailed as ever. 👌

I'm beginning to think that Ineos are using you to disseminate info whilst remaining at a respectable distance to maintain plausible deniability. 🤔😉
I am not linked at all with Ineos, 0,00%, but I think I deserve a decent reward, being the new informal "communication manager" :unsure: ;):):cool:

By the way, page 81, 19 pages to go! And probably still 19 days to go before we get a first delivery! :mad: :sick:🤔

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With regards to the recall.

After a lot of begging and minor harassment I've been reliably informed that, the vehicles that were part of the batch and hold at the factory have had or are having their 'issues' rectified at source. The vehicles that had already shipped are having their 'issues' rectified at the agent/dealer level. These are being conducted according to their respective VIN numbers and is not some random scattergun response from IA.

The only things is can take away from this is that.

• IA want all vehicles or at least a vast majority of them to have their 'issues' rectified and ready for delivery across the board, so no one agent/dealer or jurisdiction gets the Grenadier first, enabling IA can announce a first day of deliveries worldwide.
  • Keep an eye on the ones on the way to Australia perhaps as these if they left the factory needing the rectification work carried out they will be the last of the batch until the respective agents can work their magic.
  • Vehicles have to be individually attended to by IA at the factory or the dealer/agent, as there is no reference to mechanical parts, or parts of any sort then this would lead one to assume en masse it really is a software thing.

Of course this was all off the record and totally deniable from the people I spoke to.

All I can say is hold the line and don't bail until you see the blink of an indicator, but if you do then someone may get bumped up the queue.
Interesting! PITA if all the European customers have to wait weeks for a ship to clear Aussie customs though!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting! PITA if all the European customers have to wait weeks for a ship to clear Aussie customs though!
The question is whether those "Flying Spanners" have their passports & sea legs and can make it to an intermediate port? Probably not enough meat on the bone though.

Local time
Reaction score
hello all, first post...
My agent told me he had two cars ready to deliver but was waiting on DVLA to put Ineos on their system...then again, what are we to believe: I have an email from Ineos dated 02/07/20 saying "Welcome to the front of the queue", my agent tells me I am in batch 2 so not the right queue then.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
hello all, first post...
My agent told me he had two cars ready to deliver but was waiting on DVLA to put Ineos on their system...then again, what are we to believe: I have an email from Ineos dated 02/07/20 saying "Welcome to the front of the queue", my agent tells me I am in batch 2 so not the right queue then.
What dealer are you using.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Quick update to give IA a fair share in the picture: I habe been called by an IA rep tonight and had a very nice chat with him starting with a sincere apology. They are trying hard to avoid a significant delay in my case and he seemed quite optimistic. I appreciate how IA is handling this apoarently rather exotic mishap. Nevertheless I took the chance to tell him that we all would deserve a little more communication from IA but I have the feeling that I was busting open doors there.

Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
Actually, every day the vehicles aren’t being delivered means less time to discover and sort issues before the US market see them. Right now Ineos is only dealing with known problems. There will be more discovered as they hit the road en mass.
Or maybe they delay USA. Agree, likely there will be more problems appear when large enough numbers of cars hit the road. Maybe take a 3,4,5 years to get a better handle on it. They already decided not to include US in the first round of offering to market.

Might be able to give the Europeans and Aussies the bird but that could be messy and expensive in other markets..

One thing for sure, every day a vehicle is not delivered is a day the intended owner gives to IA.

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score

To be honest, I don't think a single Australian buyer would be upset to see cars being delivered in the UK, Europe before cars are shipped here. I'd much rather see cars get to owners asap no matter where they are. We ALL want to see them out driving and real world testing by owners!

Back
Top Bottom