The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think a single Australian buyer would be upset to see cars being delivered in the UK, Europe before cars are shipped here. I'd much rather see cars get to owners asap no matter where they are. We ALL want to see them out driving and real world testing by owners!
I agree completely, if Australians got their car first because European Authorities would be blocking the car because one bolt of the Grenadier isn't at the right place, according to their safety rules, I would be happy, this get's solved and the Aussies could be laughing at us, I even wouldn't be disappointed if Sir Jim decided that the first 1000 cars have to be delivered to the UK. But please, tell us what is going on!

Local time
5:53 PM
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is slowly but surly getting tired of waiting?
I have to admit that from time to time I think whether I should just quit my order.
Do I need a psychologist?
me too, iam getting to old to wait for it, if ford 2023 f350 was available with 7.3 engine, i would buy it right now.

Local time
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think a single Australian buyer would be upset to see cars being delivered in the UK, Europe before cars are shipped here. I'd much rather see cars get to owners asap no matter where they are. We ALL want to see them out driving and real world testing by owners!
That's the curious part. Why take on the world, first time, right out of the gate ?

AFAIK the Hambach plant had/has contractual production for another Mfr, so IA still had other revenue. Why not start the Gren with a single, or a small, market then expand from there. So many fewer complications.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
From
With regards to the recall.

After a lot of begging and minor harassment I've been reliably informed that, the vehicles that were part of the batch and hold at the factory have had or are having their 'issues' rectified at source. The vehicles that had already shipped are having their 'issues' rectified at the agent/dealer level. These are being conducted according to their respective VIN numbers and is not some random scattergun response from IA.

The only things is can take away from this is that.

• IA want all vehicles or at least a vast majority of them to have their 'issues' rectified and ready for delivery across the board, so no one agent/dealer or jurisdiction gets the Grenadier first, enabling IA can announce a first day of deliveries worldwide.
  • Keep an eye on the ones on the way to Australia perhaps as these if they left the factory needing the rectification work carried out they will be the last of the batch until the respective agents can work their magic.
  • Vehicles have to be individually attended to by IA at the factory or the dealer/agent, as there is no reference to mechanical parts, or parts of any sort then this would lead one to assume en masse it really is a software thing.

Of course this was all off the record and totally deniable from the people I spoke to.

All I can say is hold the line and don't bail until you see the blink of an indicator, but if you do then someone may get bumped up the queue.
From what I have been told, for Australian vehicles anyway, lf it is in batch and hold in Hambach they are most likely waiting for physical parts and if you have a contract that likely means that they have sight on parts delivery. If they are at agents and presumably the ones supposedly on ships to Australia are physically complete ( don’t know about dealer fitter accessories, but factory complete) and possibly/likely just requiring a firm/software update.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
On the plus side for UK, a chap has just posted on fb a video taken by his passenger when passing by Grimsby Docks which had (estimating here) 50 odd Grenadiers behind a fence.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Not only are you not allowed to take delivery of your vehicle. No one is actually allowed to see them or view moving pictures of one lol

Good there is 50, just a shame it’s not 500

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
I was flicking through a book on Land Rover history (published 1976) and reading about production logistics etc.
500 people just to handle the materials control side of things.
Computers were very rudimentary
It took day to build each vehicle, etc etc
And beware making changes!

Attachments

• Q.JPG
    Q.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 141

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
I was flicking through a book on Land Rover history (published 1976) and reading about production logistics etc.
500 people just to handle the materials control side of things.
Computers were very rudimentary
It took day to build each vehicle, etc etc
And beware making changes!
1976 was my first University year, Engineering.
My father, who was an electronic technician, bought an Apple II at home (he was somehow looking forward). I was one of the first students to have a computer at home.
I will never forget the milkman coming to our house (does this profession still exist?) and I was able to draw "in Basic" - computer language - a circle on the screen of the Apple II.
He was amazed, really amazed, "fantastic what you can do with such a thing!" he said.
And then I asked him: "You have a television?"
"Yes" he answered
And I said:
"Isn't it fantastic that you are able to see persons talking in Brussels while you are sitting in your living room in Oostakker? (our village)"
Indeed in 1976, computers were new, I could play around on my Apple II at home while many of my colleagues students had to stay in the queue to punch cards, and so on. ...

But there are some basic things that are not depending on technology, not yet ...
"Human Communication"
INEOS is a failure!

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Halliwell Jones Chester your "guess" is spot on. There is a "stage in production" that the VIN "appears". Just received the following response from IA Customer Service confirming same:

CASE REFERENCE: 89XXX

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your patience.

It appears your vehicle has not yet reached that stage in production, but will be making progress over the course of next few weeks.

I will keep an eye on your profile and will continuously check if the VIN will appear. Once I have this information on hand, I will contact you again to notify you of this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.
Pleased to say IA notified me of my VIN today which really does feel like progress.

For info it's SC6GM1DB3PF002XXX (last three digits redacted)
Thanks to @Jean Mercier and the other guys on the dedicated VIN deciphering thread I'm able to read it as follows:
INEOS Automotive/Grenadier/Passenger/Diesel/RHD/(Check Digit)/MY2023/Hambach/Sequential Number

Credit is due to IA Customer Service for doing exactly what they said they would, contacting me to let me know my VIN when it appeared (y)

Back
Top Bottom