The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
Exactly.
Someone else is looking at their vehicle and saying
shit..... wrong colour and wrong engine
That would be a nice turn to the story. I just have my doubts that IA would be able to sort that out even if it were true.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And does anyone have an idea how to make the best of the news that my car has arrived at the dealer‘s with just two minor issues to be solved: wrong engine and wrong colour…?
Now here‘s the upside: I don‘t have to come up with creative ideas to bump this thread.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And does anyone have an idea how to make the best of the news that my car has arrived at the dealer‘s with just two minor issues to be solved: wrong engine and wrong colour…?
The only idea I have is that you have time convince yourself that you made the wrong decision in the first way.
Will that work for you? Maybe you could ask someone who’s good in hypnosis.

Reactions: Max

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
I’d buy it and either keep it till the one you wanted comes or buy it and sell it for a profit immediately.. especially if they will honour the original price with the replacement..

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
So on 8th March, prior to signing my contract I was told the car is built and in batch and hold. Contract signed, messages became mixed and now confirmed. They haven’t built it yet. I’d like to think they didn’t lead me down the garden path to make sure I didn’t back out of signing…

View attachment 7806571

Having read this and thought, that’s exactly how everything has transpired with my order. I have suddenly come to the realisation that yes, I have been had here haven’t I.

I 100% do believe you and I sir (and probably quite a few others) have fallen for a ploy to get the contract signed toot sweet.

Reactions: JOB

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I'm confident this thread will reach 100 pages and thus create a longstanding forum record, possibly never to be beaten!
We should be proud of such an achievement. It's taken a fair amount of effort so far, even though it has been fruitless.

Tazzieman I honestly hope you are right and this does hold the forum record for a very long time and a thread named something like “why does my new Grenadier have so many electrical glitches” doesn’t break that record !!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
As of now ot seems that this is a real f…up. The options I was given were a) take the car as it is or b) restart the ordering process and live with the delay (price supposedly with early bird rate). My dealer‘s agent is helpful and trying to stir them up at IA.

I really do feel for you on this, and I don’t know what’s worse. The wrong car or the fact the remedies they have offered are to be quite frankly shocking. However they are not surprising as it’s the same as another forum member has already reported (if that wasn’t you) about their order.

Go to the agent ask to see the vehicle and then put a “for sale” sign in the window with your mobile number. See what Ineos think of your remedy 😉

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I really do feel for you on this, and I don’t know what’s worse. The wrong car or the fact the remedies they have offered are to be quite frankly shocking. However they are not surprising as it’s the same as another forum member has already reported (if that wasn’t you) about their order.

Go to the agent ask to see the vehicle and then put a “for sale” sign in the window with your mobile number. See what Ineos think of your remedy 😉
Nice idea as @Tom D had suggested, too. But without a contract, I can‘t really call it my own and if I signed the wrong contract (which has expired anyway) that‘d be it with my reservation and the saving/profit would probably be eaten up by the new price. Catch22.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I became so dissatisfied with the delays, plus other concerns, that I decided to back out. Did I reclaim my deposit or decide to keep the order and sell it on at a profit? As an almost consistent loser at any form of gambling (a great way to avoid gambling addiction) I decided to reclaim my deposit rather than make a loss on buying then sellling. So, here is the dilemma. Will you do the same (bearing mind I usually make the wrong decision) or pay for the eventual product and hope to sell at a profit to prove me wrong? Bear in mind that my rare gambling goes right!
I too am rubbish at gambling and if I had any doubts, I would have done the same as you. That said, I am tied in at the original price. :unsure:

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Nice idea as @Tom D had suggested, too. But without a contract, I can‘t really call it my own and if I signed the wrong contract (which has expired anyway) that‘d be it with my reservation and the saving/profit would probably be eaten up by the new price. Catch22.

My apologies my last comment was a little tongue in cheek. You are completely right. Clearly they wouldn’t allow you to buy this one at a discount rate and then a second one also at the lower price.

I do muse on the position of Ineos and what seems like a very flexible queue. Surely there is another customers vehicle that you could have with a few tweaks and likewise someone else could benefit from the vehicle that has turned up at your agents.

Probably I am clouding the issue here but this could be sorted to everyone’s satisfaction fairly easily, apart from an extended wait.

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Having read this and thought, that’s exactly how everything has transpired with my order. I have suddenly come to the realisation that yes, I have been had here haven’t I.

I 100% do believe you and I sir (and probably quite a few others) have fallen for a ploy to get the contract signed toot sweet.
My dealer suggested the same when I told him I had signed the contract. No VIN or any comms since.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
My apologies my last comment was a little tongue in cheek. You are completely right. Clearly they wouldn’t allow you to buy this one at a discount rate and then a second one also at the lower price.

I do muse on the position of Ineos and what seems like a very flexible queue. Surely there is another customers vehicle that you could have with a few tweaks and likewise someone else could benefit from the vehicle that has turned up at your agents.

Probably I am clouding the issue here but this could be sorted to everyone’s satisfaction fairly easily, apart from an extended wait.
No worries. I did get the gist and I also would like to stay optimistic in this. After all I really do believe that this will be a great car. What leaves me wondering is the discrepancy with the diligence they put in the development and the treatment of their customers who after all are in the project with their money and a lot of faith. Just send a polite but distinct e-mail to IA asking for a perspective that honours their promises and our contributions. Let‘s see.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
Ah, I see - like acid is diluted in water, ’venting’ members can bring their frustration and vitriol here to dilute it in the patient goodwill of others.

After dumping, they log off and get on with their life unencumbered: it’s like trail trash applied to social discourse.

I see how the impatient benefit, but the ‘fruits’ for the community as a whole are not clear to me, I must say.
The first thing that I'll do after hearing of the first delivery will be to close out this thread, unless one of the members here gets the first Grenadier, then I'll ce congratulating them on their vehicle, then closing this thread.

In keeping the venting here, I'm totally in the ball park of its absolutely the place. It stops us venting to our significant others, friends in the pub, work colleagues or random people on the street. Al of which after months and months of us harping on about unsubstantiated? software updates and other wildcat ideas would paint us as quite mad.

Long live the self help group for hopeless first adopters, until we become the self help and technical support group for shrewd, trailblazing, forward thinking and pragmatic Grenadier owners.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
Long live the self help group for hopeless first adopters, until we become the self help and technical support group for shrewd, trailblazing, forward thinking and pragmatic Grenadier owners.
Tally ho old bean!
Yours faithfully , the Founding Guard :D

Attachments

• PHA.jpg
    PHA.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 9

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was hoping for some people to take proper ownership of their vehicles this week, and we would start to all sit back with a sign of relief. However, it is concerning that people's orders are actually going out wrong (as in the car is made, sent, then all the realisation of a total stuff up comes to fruition).

Surely, for us in the 2nd/3rd/4th month of manufacturing, we will not be subject to the issue facing the 'early hand raisers and 1st batch reservationists'.

Back
Top Bottom