The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
For those that can’t get onto the Autocar link (I can’t because it says I need to be a subscriber) here are a couple of screen shots of a version of that article
4060E0C4-F41A-4DBB-B1F0-B5F973994C10.png
50EE3511-1EAD-4A52-9F59-7DF079801642.png

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m starting to grow tired of the lack of updates. My status is ‘in production’ and has been for 3-4 weeks.

I shall spend some time this evening looking at second hand Defenders for sale online. Then I’ll conclude they are very expensive and resign myself to waiting for my Grenadier.
Yeah mines been in production similar time. If you haven’t already, ask you dealer if they’ve received the VIN (mine hasn’t) if only because it’s some kind of milestone / minor positive news in the batch-hold process. Just an idea👍

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m starting to grow tired of the lack of updates. My status is ‘in production’ and has been for 3-4 weeks.

I shall spend some time this evening looking at second hand Defenders for sale online. Then I’ll conclude they are very expensive and resign myself to waiting for my Grenadier.
I've started looking at approved JLR defenders too :cautious:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I popped in to Grange Edinburgh today to take some measurements off the PTO2 that they have in there. I told them about the fact that my February build hasn’t been built. It was news to them as they still have it on their system as feb build. They are the biggest dealership in the UK apparently. But they still don’t have a production vehicle in there! Hard to believe really.

It really is shocking that no one knows anything. I’m surprised that rumours haven’t spread from Hambach, there must be hundreds of people working there, you’d think someone would have let something slip. That operation must be run by some ex stazi officers..

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On a more depressing note We have decided to cancel our family overland trip to the Balkans this year. If the car doesn’t arrive in time we’d be left looking for last minute alternatives which wouldn’t be good. So to avoid any future marital issues we are just going to book a ‘normal’ holiday now, while there’s still a decent choice… Pretty gutted about that but probably the sensible move.

It seems that from contract signing there’s a good 6 weeks before vehicles are in transport, and then probably another 4 before they land with customers. So best case scenario I’m looking at mid June. And thats assuming that the contract arrives today….

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

If you want a MY13 double cab in Keswick Green let me know...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it’s likely that the issuing of a VIN is some kind of milestone in the IA production process. I agree vehicles leaving the line for their “hold” must have a VIN as it’s fixed to/ stamped on the vehicle in several places. But when does it get notified to the dealer, I’m wondering? If this is done by IA at a fixed time in the process it would give us an indication of the status of our vehicles.
Yes, I've been wondering that ~ @Halliwell Jones Chester, can you shed any light on that?

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On a more depressing note We have decided to cancel our family overland trip to the Balkans this year. If the car doesn’t arrive in time we’d be left looking for last minute alternatives which wouldn’t be good. So to avoid any future marital issues we are just going to book a ‘normal’ holiday now, while there’s still a decent choice… Pretty gutted about that but probably the sensible move.

It seems that from contract signing there’s a good 6 weeks before vehicles are in transport, and then probably another 4 before they land with customers. So best case scenario I’m looking at mid June. And thats assuming that the contract arrives today….
Contract signed in November and still not in production - That’s coming up to 18 weeks so don’t hold your breath. :sick:

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
I popped in to Grange Edinburgh today to take some measurements off the PTO2 that they have in there. I told them about the fact that my February build hasn’t been built. It was news to them as they still have it on their system as feb build. They are the biggest dealership in the UK apparently. But they still don’t have a production vehicle in there! Hard to believe really.

It really is shocking that no one knows anything. I’m surprised that rumours haven’t spread from Hambach, there must be hundreds of people working there, you’d think someone would have let something slip. That operation must be run by some ex stazi officers..
As we are all painfully aware, the lack of information/communication from IA, is demoralising and frustrating. The promised update from the new CEO has failed to materialise and there are a range of issues from contracts to delivery dates to software updates that we are left to try work out by speculating and comparing any titbits we get on these forums or on FB. I noticed there is a new forum which is "New NA Q&A video". Although this relates to the NA market it is interesting and would be the ideal format/platform if they were to do one for the current markets of Europe, Australia etc.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I've been wondering that ~ @Halliwell Jones Chester, can you shed any light on that?
I have vehicles that are in production without a VIN and some with. I'm merely guessing that it's at some point down the production line the VIN is issued to us as it must be attached internally before the vehicle goes down the line.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have vehicles that are in production without a VIN and some with. I'm merely guessing that it's at some point down the production line the VIN is issued to us as it must be attached internally before the vehicle goes down the line.
Thank you ~ wasn't expecting an answer at this time on a Friday night. 👌

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Contract signed in November and still not in production - That’s coming up to 18 weeks so don’t hold your breath. :sick:
Oh God! That is not good news!

So is everyone who is now getting a vehicle or at least VIN’s a November signing? Or have some of the January signings jumped ahead in the queue?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score

It is really surprisingly quiet on the „official rumour front“! I always thought that it is impossible to keep a secret when so many people are involved.
It makes me think whether men have really been on the moon.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
It is really surprisingly quiet on the „official rumour front“! I always thought that it is impossible to keep a secret when so many people are involved.
It makes me think whether men have really been on the moon.
If they have it certainly wasn't in a Grenadier ! ............ or was it and nobody will tell.

Local time
Reaction score
I think we would all like to know where the exact hang up is, so if it's something like a software problem, ineos can give us a 24hr livestream of who's running behind schedule so we can watch the person at home and at work while we post about how they take bathroom breaks that are too long. Is that too much to ask?

In reality though, all this crap seems pretty standard in a post-covid world. You can't even get quick or good service at most restaurants anymore.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In reality though, all this crap seems pretty standard in a post-covid world. You can't even get quick or good service at most restaurants anymore.

Sick of waiting​

For what...a time you thought you were going to receive your Grenadier...nothing was or is set in stone where I come from and as mgohillbilly states not even at the restaurant...reality check...happy change ahead ;)

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
I think we would all like to know where the exact hang up is, so if it's something like a software problem, ineos can give us a 24hr livestream of who's running behind schedule so we can watch the person at home and at work while we post about how they take bathroom breaks that are too long. Is that too much to ask?

I can’t stress enough… this is pretty much what it’s like buying a 4WD in Australia.

On the plus side our restaurant experience is pretty good, despite the continuing shortage of backpackers. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom