The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
If he answered that question yes or no I think he'd be OK ~ maybe less so for:

"are the vehicles in your workshop still bricked?"

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
I can see the Belsaff Edition limits of 1700 (my dealer said 1600) units kicking in before too long with deliveries of some of these having to be carried over into next years allocation. With consequences for next year. This slippage is really going to screw brand loyalty up.
That is a limit of 1600-1700 station wagons in 2023 globally? I assumed they produced more than that by now? That would make Inoes run team and factory for all the year on what profit exactly? Hope I simply do not get what you are saying here...

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is a limit of 1600-1700 station wagons in 2023 globally? I assumed they produced more than that by now? That would make Inoes run team and factory for all the year on what profit exactly? Hope I simply do not get what you are saying here...
It’s a U.K. figure. 6000 vehicles of which 1700 can be passenger and the rest commercial as per Auto car magazine a few months back. Something to do with small volume producer status EU has restrictions also

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 1700 number is for the Belstaff additions only. Commercial and station wagons are different and I believe they're about 8000 scheduled for 2023 production, so roughly 10,000 vehicles in all this year. I am sure one of the forum members will have the exact numbers and reasons for them.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is the limit of M1 Belstaff vehicles allowed in the UK. From what I remember total M1 and N1 was either 6000 or 10000 can't remember which. It was the 1600 I was concerned about since I have ordered a Fieldmaster.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I e-mailed IG yesterday asking when I will receive my vehicle without an embelishment - nothing received back as yet.

I think I will phone, as the frustration is getting to me.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I e-mailed IG yesterday asking when I will receive my vehicle without an embelishment - nothing received back as yet.

I think I will phone, as the frustration is getting to me.
I called and the call centre have no information, except that it's in production. I was told that if that changes she would call me. Oh, Chandlers, Belton, UK have a VIN for it, so it must be built and like all others here waiting for software.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Have you been 'embargoed' by Ineos ? Your excellent contribution to this forum over the past months has recently gone quiet ?
Not embargoed no, just we've had a lot of things to do in the background with regards to setting internal systems up and testing. Nothing very exciting but all essential work that needs doing to make sure everything is ready for when deliveries start. Along with more day to day phone calls and emails to and from customers with updates on builds, finance proposals, accessories wanting fitted i.e trackers, wraps, dash-cams and so forth.

I will always try and communicate as much as possible on here as I feel it's a really great and knowledgeable group.

With regards to embargo though it is obviously extremely difficult as I'm sure you're all aware of what I can and can't say, plus I don't really like getting me hands slapped too many times from above.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 AM
Reaction score
Not embargoed no, just we've had a lot of things to do in the background with regards to setting internal systems up and testing. Nothing very exciting but all essential work that needs doing to make sure everything is ready for when deliveries start. Along with more day to day phone calls and emails to and from customers with updates on builds, finance proposals, accessories wanting fitted i.e trackers, wraps, dash-cams and so forth.

I will always try and communicate as much as possible on here as I feel it's a really great and knowledgeable group.

With regards to embargo though it is obviously extremely difficult as I'm sure you're all aware of what I can and can't say, plus I don't really like getting me hands slapped too many times from above.
Steve, you're doing it just right! Thank you!

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I called and the call centre have no information, except that it's in production. I was told that if that changes she would call me. Oh, Chandlers, Belton, UK have a VIN for it, so it must be built and like all others here waiting for software.
Yes it’s likely that the issuing of a VIN is some kind of milestone in the IA production process. I agree vehicles leaving the line for their “hold” must have a VIN as it’s fixed to/ stamped on the vehicle in several places. But when does it get notified to the dealer, I’m wondering? If this is done by IA at a fixed time in the process it would give us an indication of the status of our vehicles.

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m starting to grow tired of the lack of updates. My status is ‘in production’ and has been for 3-4 weeks.

I shall spend some time this evening looking at second hand Defenders for sale online. Then I’ll conclude they are very expensive and resign myself to waiting for my Grenadier.

Back
Top Bottom