The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score
7di9pc.jpg

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:23 AM
Reaction score
I don’t think most people mind the delays, I have said already numerous times on here that I can take the wait, in fact I am in no rush at all, but as many keep saying….it’s the communication that is the issue, differing messages, customer services who don’t know what’s going on, people being told they can’t change specs because they are locked (despite no contract), etc etc etc

If this had been about us waiting for a new model TV coming out from Sony, I can almost guarantee most people here would be watching a new Samsung TV by now !

It’s a new company in this sector and Covid, world shortages blah blah blah, but the one thing that IA have got control of is communication and customer services. There is NO excuse for that bit.

I think you will find that is what is irking people.
I hear a lot of talk about communications...I have an account with Ineos which hasn't been modified time-wise, still states when I ordered and when I signed my contract but nothing in the production number 3 section or the in transit number 4 section...I have made changes to my order in the past and they were there in my contract and the price variation was also...but the only other communications have been them telling me of drive days and once about my order changes will not be a problem...what interests me is that I was never told or given dates that varied on my account because there were no dates there...I think if you have it in writing you have an issue...my situation must be different or is it just here in Oz...if I know my dinner is not ready on time I will complain...but if I complained beforehand I would have a dummy stuck in my mouth...happy motoring

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hear a lot of talk about communications...I have an account with Ineos which hasn't been modified time-wise, still states when I ordered and when I signed my contract but nothing in the production number 3 section or the in transit number 4 section...I have made changes to my order in the past and they were there in my contract and the price variation was also...but the only other communications have been them telling me of drive days and once about my order changes will not be a problem...what interests me is that I was never told or given dates that varied on my account because there were no dates there...I think if you have it in writing you have an issue...my situation must be different or is it just here in Oz...if I know my dinner is not ready on time I will complain...but if I complained beforehand I would have a dummy stuck in my mouth...happy motoring
I reckon that since the demise of our local auto industry we've simply become accustomed to waiting on vehicles to arrive. They'll get here when they get here.
Which of course doesn't mean it's any less inconvenient, just that many are past railing about it.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:23 PM
Reaction score
Good news though, for those not needing a Gren but wanting a good near new 2nd hand car - the wait is nearly over. Rates up again and all those indebted home owners with 100K debts on separate vehicles - that's about to end. Australia has never had so much household v income debt ratios and rates are going back to normal. So if the Gren direct come before Sep - I'll have to scoop a local 2nd hand to keep me going for a few months. Maybe good things come to those who wait - I hate waiting though.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
Good news though, for those not needing a Gren but wanting a good near new 2nd hand car - the wait is nearly over. Rates up again and all those indebted home owners with 100K debts on separate vehicles - that's about to end. Australia has never had so much household v income debt ratios and rates are going back to normal. So if the Gren direct come before Sep - I'll have to scoop a local 2nd hand to keep me going for a few months. Maybe good things come to those who wait - I hate waiting though.
My bank tells me I am a millionaire because I have more than $1 Million equity in my house
I said so how does that help me pay my mortgage/electricity/phone/car without an income.
The answer
Sell your house.

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Obviously they had to change the specifications a little bit. Four feet ride instead of four wheel drive. Less power, lighter and overall smaller. Only one real seat. And in this configuration it can swim!

I don't care if the Grenadier has 3 normal legs and one short one... as long as Nova comes with it!

s-l1600.jpg

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My bank tells me I am a millionaire because I have more than $1 Million equity in my house
I said so how does that help me pay my mortgage/electricity/phone/car without an income.
The answer
Sell your house.
Yup, 'millionaire' as understood by a bank (measured in total footings) is different to 'millionaire' as understood by, say, Entourage (measured in Miami pool parties).

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well let's hope their refund process isn't working so efficiently just because they're getting lots of practice.
You have an interesting slant on things and the reason I see here is that he doesn't have a chance to change his mind...his car order is now put into a higher price bracket...I don't think they see it as a missed sale.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agree. If Ineos do get to full production and reliability they’ll have a waiting list for their 30k annual production units.
Land Rover regularly exceeded 30k per year, even for Series 3 where build quality was pretty dreadful, even by standards of the 70’s.
Perhaps a bigger concern for Ineos is the replacement cycle in the 2030’s and beyond. Hydrogen and BEV must feature until an as yet unknown new technology appears.

Reactions: PBD

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I cancelled my order on 27 February. Acknowledgement received 28 February telling me that the refund would be within 14 days. Full refund received 6 March. Well done Ineos Grenadier. Good luck to all who stick with it.
Are you able to disclose why, you cancelled? Technically issue or financial or communication?

Reactions: Max

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You have an interesting slant on things and the reason I see here is that he doesn't have a chance to change his mind...his car order is now put into a higher price bracket...I don't think they see it as a missed sale.
This is spot on, does two things, relief of one upset customer (might be a few now) and gives them the premium new price so the next order placed... win-win for IA.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
I cancelled my order on 27 February. Acknowledgement received 28 February telling me that the refund would be within 14 days. Full refund received 6 March. Well done Ineos Grenadier. Good luck to all who stick with it.
And a brave decision that should be acknowledged in a positive light
If you are not at least 90% happy then cancelling is the right decision.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:23 PM
Reaction score
I think it has been mentioned before - but Ineos sends a side letter to the contract by email, informing that all current contracts go out with a "by 30th June 2023" date - no matter whether deliveries are planned for March, April, May or June 2023.
Also in my contract they wrote 'by 30th June 2023. And me too preordered on 1st day, ordered 1st day and signed the contract on 28Th february. I guess that 30th June (is it the same date for everybody?) is a precautionary date, or so I hope...
No problem for waiting a June delivery, just a problem for the Defender that I will trade in. The dealer signed an offer with a price valid until March. BTW, since I'm also waiting for an importan surgery, I'm sure that delivery and call for surgery will be on the same day...😣

Local time
Reaction score
Are you able to disclose why, you cancelled? Technically issue or financial or communication?
No financial problems. Concerns ref on road performance (where 90% of my driving will be) esp steering. Diff lock problems/criticisms. Poor to no communication ref delays. Poor fuel economy - known when I paid the deposit but more embarrassing lately. Great car to drive off road on stone tracks, not tested on mud. Dealer also not being kept informed. No Grenadier to road drive until May. I’ve paid more for a 4x4 PHEV which has more software to go wrong but it has over air updates so software can update daily. It seems Grenadier has probs with software but it looks like only the dealer can do an update. My alternative 4x4 is also great off road and excellent on road (I’ve tested both). My Grenadier dealer is 75 minutes drive away, my new 4x4 is 5 minutes drive with the option of a cross country walk back home with the dogs if I have to leave the car. So I can’t just pop in to the Grenadier dealer if problems arise between servicing. but can to the other dealer. I would also like to see how post purchase servicing and reliability works out. When I next look to buy an off roader in 7 - 10 years time things will be different. In parts of the world a PHEV is irrelevant but I will do most of my mileage within the battery range or close enough to make a big dent in the mpg. So, sensible for me to change, perhaps not for many others. I’ll miss the Grenadier in many ways though.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No financial problems. Concerns ref on road performance (where 90% of my driving will be) esp steering. Diff lock problems/criticisms. Poor to no communication ref delays. Poor fuel economy - known when I paid the deposit but more embarrassing lately. Great car to drive off road on stone tracks, not tested on mud. Dealer also not being kept informed. No Grenadier to road drive until May. I’ve paid more for a 4x4 PHEV which has more software to go wrong but it has over air updates so software can update daily. It seems Grenadier has probs with software but it looks like only the dealer can do an update. My alternative 4x4 is also great off road and excellent on road (I’ve tested both). My Grenadier dealer is 75 minutes drive away, my new 4x4 is 5 minutes drive with the option of a cross country walk back home with the dogs if I have to leave the car. So I can’t just pop in to the Grenadier dealer if problems arise between servicing. but can to the other dealer. I would also like to see how post purchase servicing and reliability works out. When I next look to buy an off roader in 7 - 10 years time things will be different. In parts of the world a PHEV is irrelevant but I will do most of my mileage within the battery range or close enough to make a big dent in the mpg. So, sensible for me to change, perhaps not for many others. I’ll miss the Grenadier in many ways though.
Good reasons for your decision. I guess that the emotional factor for the majority of customers is very important as your points might be viable for many of us

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Grenadier dealer is 75 minutes drive away, my new 4x4 is 5 minutes drive with the option of a cross country walk back home with the dogs if I have to leave the car. So I can’t just pop in to the Grenadier dealer if problems arise between servicing. but can to the other dealer.
Spoiled people! :D My Grenadier dealer is across the sea and to reach him by car I have to drive for three hours and then embark on a ferry with an eight hour navigation...

Back
Top Bottom