The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
I'm somewhat "scandalised" by the treatment you've received, given my so far positive interactions with IA and the local agent.
Without going into detail here, are there any changes you absolutely cannot live with in terms of what the contract specifies ? You mentioned the colour, what about engine choice and other utility issues?
I originally ordered the poverty pack "station wagon with 3 diffs" and when the LuxCarTax was waived, upgraded to a no frills Trialmaster. If I'd been "stuck" with my original configuration. then I could live with it. The Trialmaster is a "want" not a basic "need" which was the first choice.
Your disappointment is palpable and I sympathise.... however before "pulling the pin" see what you can salvage and what you might be able to modify post delivery...
Good luck whatever you decide.
where do I start, the car I ordered was a Queens red base spec with Safari windows, locking diffs and saddle leather, that's about it.
The car in my contract is a Donny Grey Trialmaster without safari windows, grey and black leather and pretty much every other option ticked as far as options including checker plate. this comes to over $20K difference in price, which they seem to expect me to pay because of their stuff up.

How could I or anyone trust them to get things write when something as simple as checking with me before setting the wheels in motion for production, the access we have to our spec has zero bearing on what is actually ordered on our behalf. I have to agree all of my previous interactions have been great, but that means nothing if they cannot deliver what they say. Funny how people attitudes change under different circumstances.

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
@Overlandplus Have you tried changing dealer? Even though I live in Sydney, mostly, I've set Frank Sorrentino as my agent in Melbourne. So far he's been very good and very respectful. I can't imagine Frank behaving in that way that this Trevor guy has. I'd also cc in Justin Hocevar about this. Trevor's days might be numbered if they really care about customer loyalty.

I'd push a little more then see what happens.

Local time
Reaction score
@Overlandplus - I really do feel for you mate, I don’t think anyone here would be thinking any different if we found ourselves in your situation.
However, you do have the option to get the vehicle you want, just not in the time frames that you originally expected.
For that fact, no one here is getting their vehicle in the time frames that they originally expected.

At the end of the day, Trevor should know better than to annoy customers, he is a senior manager is OZ, however he is also just an individual bloke who is is no doubt having to deal with lots of issues that are well out of his control, and like we get hotheaded, perhaps he may well regret the tone of how he has conveyed some things. None of us get judged by what we say on a phone call to Ineos, so we have to give these individual people a bit of grace I feel.

I have had issues going back many months with INEOS customer service, to do with policy demands and policy changes - just to hit brick wall after brick wall.
However, I contacted INEOS Australia too out of sheer frustration, and my dealings with the team direct have been nothing but refreshing - despite the fact that they too have to work with the policies generated head office that they acknowledge don't always work in Australia's favour.

So perhaps after a few deeper breaths, you can see yourself waiting a few more months to finally get what you have waited all this time for.
Yes I can get what I ordered and only have to wait a few extra months ( wave all been told it's happening soon, far too many times to believe it this time ), I got the impressions that this was just a maybe as it seems like the dealer and Ineos Aus have more details than they are willing to say. I was willing to give a new start up a go, as they promised to be different, unfortunately that difference is far worse than we had with the established brands, even if their products are flawed.

I wont put my hat back in the ring, especially as I was supposed to receive a call this morning, radio silence once again.

Local time
Reaction score
@Overlandplus Have you tried changing dealer? Even though I live in Sydney, mostly, I've set Frank Sorrentino as my agent in Melbourne. So far he's been very good and very respectful. I can't imagine Frank behaving in that way that this Trevor guy has. I'd also cc in Justin Hocevar about this. Trevor's days might be numbered if they really care about customer loyalty.

I'd push a little more then see what happens.
Its hopeless, Trevor works for Ineos Aus and as far as he is concerned there is no other way but to start a new order and jump back in the line.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Back of the queue with original pricing?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
where do I start, the car I ordered was a Queens red base spec with Safari windows, locking diffs and saddle leather, that's about it.
The car in my contract is a Donny Grey Trialmaster without safari windows, grey and black leather and pretty much every other option ticked as far as options including checker plate. this comes to over $20K difference in price, which they seem to expect me to pay because of their stuff up.

How could I or anyone trust them to get things write when something as simple as checking with me before setting the wheels in motion for production, the access we have to our spec has zero bearing on what is actually ordered on our behalf. I have to agree all of my previous interactions have been great, but that means nothing if they cannot deliver what they say. Funny how people attitudes change under different circumstances.
Totally unacceptable, especially the $+20K hit at the end! (it may have been a simple transposition of numbers and some other customer has been offered your spec! ) ...
1. you could ask "Trevor" to see if your spec is in production and whether the contract for that RHD unit (those units if more than one) has been verified...it would only take a couple of phone calls from Ineos Automotive...
2. it might mean a couple of late night calls to the UK through the Australian portal number... don't take No for an answer...."stay on message" and demand to go up the chain.... because there is a SNAFU is their processes... you may be doing IA and other customers a favour!

3. "Nuclear Option"
After exhausting all other options, elevate it higher with a courteous email direct to Lynne Calder the CEO alerting her to said SNAFU.... and asking for her intervention/explanation...

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I can get what I ordered and only have to wait a few extra months ( wave all been told it's happening soon, far too many times to believe it this time ), I got the impressions that this was just a maybe as it seems like the dealer and Ineos Aus have more details than they are willing to say. I was willing to give a new start up a go, as they promised to be different, unfortunately that difference is far worse than we had with the established brands, even if their products are flawed.

I wont put my hat back in the ring, especially as I was supposed to receive a call this morning, radio silence once again.
On balance if what you are saying is true (and I’m not implying it isn’t) then I’ve got to admit the Ineos reaction of “stiff shit take it or leave it” is appalling and I’d react the same way you have. I can’t believe they can’t bump the queue in this instance if the fault lies with them. Or at least compensate you for your inconvenience somehow. I can’t believe a business trying to get its brand up and running would have that attitude.
Makes one lose faith that’s for sure.

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:26 PM
Reaction score
Well it looks to be all over for me, I had a very disturbing phone call from INEOS Australia regarding my completely incorrect contract ( https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...t-times-in-australia.12411183/post-1333157882)

I spoke with a Trevor Wilson from Ineos Aus, at first he asked me what my issue was ( acting like he didn't know) after explaining the total stuff up of my contract he proceeded to tell me that the only option was to sign the incorrect contract of head to the back of the queue, with priority but no guarantee's. Obviously my reaction was shock and horror, assuming surely I only saw my contract a week ago, there is something that can be done, he assured me that there is nothing that can change the outcome due to the fact the car is set for production and cannot be moved.

After some restrained venting, I asked why the contract could not be updated as advised when we gave the deposit.View attachment 7805500
He then said there was a policy change and that was all he could say, was anyone given this policy change in writing or did I miss something.

To rub salt into the wound I had contacted Ineos Aus, Customer service, my local dealer to advise on the issue with the contract and the only response I got was
View attachment 7805501
So I had been patiently waiting for something that was never actually possible according to Trevor.

I explained to Trevor, how much time ad effort along with a number of plan changes I have had to make due to the delays and frankly (misinformation given by Ineos themselves ) To this he said to me and I quote "I really should start resetting my expectations and perhaps I shouldn't be part of a start up Auto company because it really doesn't suit me very well"

By this time I have steam coming out of my eyeballs, and for the fifth time in the phone call he just simply said, well I guess if you don't want to take our solution ( back of the line) we will just leave it there then. Some way to part company with someone who signed up for a build slot minutes after opening and paid a deposited instantly with no hesitation, the loyalty is not reciprocal and down right disrespectful.

So this will probably be my last interaction on this forum and the end of my Ineos journey which I have been part of for years, unfortunately unless there is some kind of miracle I can't see myself moving forward with a company which is so untrustworthy and cold blooded with there customers. ( back to the old enemy and buy a 300 series)
Sorry to hear about your woes. Def not a situation you want to be in. Can’t believe the order is so different😳 and should be aknowledged by Ineos.

However dealing with this juggernaut it is difficult for them to change tack esp when they are trying to get the first few batch right and out to customers. (I know it’s not what you want to hear)

As for the IA Australian team they are probably frustrated too. They must be getting a hammering from the clients at this point and if they cannot influence the manufacturing they are between a rock and a hard place.

Good luck with the Toyota route. I cancelled my Rav 4 order due to they total lack of customer focus and arrogant approach. You will pay whatever it costs when it turns up!

I think if I was looking for a new car now I’d be looking in the second hand/ demo market as there are some bargains to be had.

Best of luck 👍🏻

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Totally unacceptable, especially the $+20K hit at the end! (it may have been a simple transposition of numbers and some other customer has been offered your spec! ) ...
1. you could ask "Trevor" to see if your spec is in production and whether the contract for that RHD unit (those units if more than one) has been verified...it would only take a couple of phone calls from Ineos Automotive...
2. it might mean a couple of late night calls to the UK through the Australian portal number... don't take No for an answer...."stay on message" and demand to go up the chain.... because there is a SNAFU is their processes... you may be doing IA and other customers a favour!

3. "Nuclear Option"
After exhausting all other options, elevate it higher with a courteous email direct to Lynne Calder the CEO alerting her to said SNAFU.... and asking for her intervention/explanation...
Agreed, there IS a screw up in the order specification > assigned customer and I reckon they're getting orders mixed up. IA need to address this and if customers don't speak out and just ditch, then IA will never pick up the slack.

@Overlandplus I'd still cc Hocevar into this, you never know!

Local time
Reaction score

3. "Nuclear Option"
Unless someone on here has a direct email to the CEO, I don't see this being sorted in time. Because they slept on this for so long and customer service advised I would get a new contract, I only have until Friday the 10th to get a contract signed in order to keep my place

Local time
Reaction score
Agreed, there IS a screw up in the order specification > assigned customer and I reckon they're getting orders mixed up. IA need to address this and if customers don't speak out and just ditch, then IA will never pick up the slack.

@Overlandplus I'd still cc Hocevar into this, you never know!
He is aware of the situation, but has not spoken to me directly.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think we have to be honest here - we were always going to be eventually treated as "numbers". No company can afford to treat this many people as "important individuals". IA started off making us feel that we were part of the boutique process, the bespoke development, and that we could be one of the blokes having a drink with Sir Jim in the Grenadier Pub
However this could not last forever, and at some stage they would have to move away from this customer involvement - towards being a company that is there to sell cars.
This means that policies are made to suit the business, not the customers - and all employees, agents etc have to abide by these.

I had this very conversation with the Ineos guys at the recent drive day here in Melbourne - they agreed that this where things are at right at the moment in the organisation.

It sucks though to be caught in the middle of policy changes.

BTW - Justin has been awesome and an absolute professional in helping me with my difficulties. If he can be doing anything, I am sure he will be, keeping in mind that even he is bound by company policies made in a land far away from us here in OZ.

Last edited:

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The customer should not be caught between policy changes. F*ck 'company policy'... You order something on Amazon and they send you the wrong thing, you send it back and they send you the thing you ORDERED, not something you didn't. I couldn't care less about being treated like a number, but I do expect my order to be CORRECT.

IA need to acknowledge that they've messed up the ordering > build spec process, (fine we all make mistakes), and are ACTIVELY, manually if need be, re-matching orders to customers chosen spec.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The customer should not be caught between policy changes. F*ck 'company policy'... You order something on Amazon and they send you the wrong thing, you send it back and they send you the thing you ORDERED, not something you didn't. I couldn't care less about being treated like a number, but I do expect my order to be CORRECT.

IA need to acknowledge that they've messed up the ordering > build spec process, (fine we all make mistakes), and are ACTIVELY, manually if need be, re-matching orders to customers chosen spec.
Isn't this what Ineos said they would do?

Yes we will fix it, however there may be a delay before we get it right?

The only difference perhaps is the time frame they take to get it right, and the time frame where we would want them to get it right.

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't this what Ineos said they would do?

Yes we will fix it, however there may be a delay before we get it right?

The only difference perhaps is the time frame they take to get it right, and the time frame where we would want them to get it right.

Yes, but @Overlandplus should not be penalised/forced to the back of the queue because of IA's FU, nor be treated in such a condescending manner as been described.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

My wife ordered some stuff on Amazon as Christmas presents for the grandchildren.
When they hadn't arrived the supplier said sorry we will refund your money and give you an extra $20 if you don't write a bad review.
Didn't help with the Christmas present problem

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife ordered some stuff on Amazon as Christmas presents for the grandchildren.
When they hadn't arrived the supplier said sorry we will refund your money and give you an extra $20 if you don't write a bad review.
Didn't help with the Christmas present problem
Stuff not arriving is whole other ball game.. 😒

Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is slowly but surly getting tired of waiting?
I have to admit that from time to time I think whether I should just quit my order.
Do I need a psychologist?
Waiting, Lynn Calder, she is new, time Jim Ratcliffe talks to his frustrated customers who have paid a deposit and still no Contract

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
They say Ineos is the biggest company that you have never heard of. Because everything they have sold up to this point has been business to business, and big business at that. Most of their deals will be done at board room level. This will be their first foray into the domestic public market and it’s really starting to show. I hope they can learn from their mistakes because right now it seems to be an absolute shit show.

Back
Top Bottom