The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
Spoke to Ineos today for an update. Last week I was told I’d have a contact by the end of the week, it never arrived. I asked about my February build date they didn’t think it has been built but couldn’t say either way. So couldn’t tell me anything else.
I’m getting increasingly fed up with this now. If the grenadier was just an ordinary vehicle I’d have abandoned the project a while ago. They are lucky that there’s nothing else on the market like it, otherwise I suspect most customers would have walked by now.

Their customer service is an absolute clusterfuck.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:41 AM
Reaction score
Spoke to Ineos today for an update. Last week I was told I’d have a contact by the end of the week, it never arrived. I asked about my February build date they didn’t think it has been built but couldn’t say either way. So couldn’t tell me anything else.
I’m getting increasingly fed up with this now. If the grenadier was just an ordinary vehicle I’d have abandoned the project a while ago. They are lucky that there’s nothing else on the market like it, otherwise I suspect most customers would have walked by now.

Their customer service is an absolute clusterfuck.
I got my contract last week ) ordered 19/5/22) and signed by return . Website now says contract signed but nothing else APART FROM.....
had an email telling me how I order the Fieldmaster jacket from Belstaff once the car has been delivered . This coat will, like the car itself, be least useful in the Summer.
Stroll on

Local time
Reaction score
This has a feeling of an injunction in place preventing IA from completing customer sales...any legal bods on here, is there a registry of cases/claims that can be checked?

I'm struggling to believe the lack of comms now...given what they have previously promised, its getting farcical.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This has a feeling of an injunction in place preventing IA from completing customer sales...any legal bods on here, is there a registry of cases/claims that can be checked?

I'm struggling to believe the lack of comms now...given what they have previously promised, its getting farcical.
An interesting theory. Something fishy is definitely going on....

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got my contract last week ) ordered 19/5/22) and signed by return . Website now says contract signed but nothing else APART FROM.....
had an email telling me how I order the Fieldmaster jacket from Belstaff once the car has been delivered . This coat will, like the car itself, be least useful in the Summer.
Stroll on
Same position on contract and portal info.
Also had the same e-mail for a Trailmaster Jacket.
It seems you only get the jacket paired with the car and not a voucher if you wanted to swap.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The worst of it is we (europe) buy gas from African nations and yet our banks won't lend those same African nations the money to build their own power stations, (because it they don't want to be seen to be supporting fossil fuel). So they have all this gas that they can't use themselves!
The Woke world is becoming a big problem. it was fine when it was just activists and students. but now it's the establishment.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Back to @tartan shepherd & the legal issue.

I think there are various outstanding cases (at last time of checking some months ago) involving JLR and Ineos around the world ~ Portugal, South Africa & USA being just 3.

An issue such as lack of Certificate of Conformity (CoC) would throw a spanner in the works. A paper format CoC must be supplied free of charge to the buyer when the vehicle is delivered. If I recall correctly @Jean Mercier did not mention one with his vehicle but maybe the paperwork travels separately from the vehicle.

Then again there's also the Type Approval & CoP (Conformity of Production) paperwork.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
Looking here..
KBA
showed Ineos registered 2 vehicles in January 2023 in Germany.
From previously 0!

The type approval seems to be granted in Germany - according to latest publication page 448 (German) it appears in the list of type approvals now.

Here you can look at English language information : Link to all published types M/ N etc

Also page 448 (printed)
On page readers it might be adjusted. -

So from a papers perspective there is nothing hindering the shipment. - If there is some legal topic - and its open - that would be food for the press. And in particular most appealing for those who do not like such old school offroaders and like to ban individual motorized transportation.

Also I cant see any notice of issues in relation to Ineos Grenadier at KBA.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 PM
Reaction score
The worst of it is we (europe) buy gas from African nations and yet our banks won't lend those same African nations the money to build their own power stations, (because it they don't want to be seen to be supporting fossil fuel). So they have all this gas that they can't use themselves!
The Woke world is becoming a big problem. it was fine when it was just activists and students. but now it's the establishment.
Weird, many think the opposite is the problem (p21 onwards is what you’re after).

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looking here..
KBA
showed Ineos registered 2 vehicles in January 2023 in Germany.
From previously 0!
Good info ~ is it possible to get data for the previous years?

It would put some numbers to the PTOs all running about on German plates.

So from a papers perspective there is nothing hindering the shipment.
Unless Ineos are having to tinker with the vehicles to an extent they require a revised type approval?

And there's also CoC for the vehicle and CoP for Hambach.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
Good info ~ is it possible to get data for the previous years?

It would put some numbers to the PTOs all running about on German plates.

Unless Ineos are having to tinker with the vehicles to an extent they require a revised type approval?

And there's also CoC for the vehicle and CoP for Hambach.
Perhaps on the same place. I just did a quick search. - The KBA collects a number of statistics. But remember, Ineos is accredited as an automotive manufacturer since 03.2022 So perhaps you can see that there.
Need to search monthly statistics.

It would however only mention vehicles registered in Böblingen. There are also PTO in operation with UK, Austria or French registration. The vehicle I tried got Austria registration and was built by Magna - I also sat in one that was already built in Hambach plant.

Btw for those who may not know - in Germany previously if a car was moved to another county it had to be re-registered with new county (Kreis) and always required a new number plate.

Now - if you take a car and move to another county - it just need to notified that the "home base" of owner has changed and different paperwork is issued. The registry plate will stay.

If you sell the vehicle directly to a new owner - change of ownership - the plate will also stay.
However If the car is taken temporary out of service - eg. sitting a while at an used car dealership later sold and changes then ownership and location - then it will get a new new number plate of the county of new owner.

Back
Top Bottom