The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
It looks vast and lavish compared to some of the tiny 'huts' here in the UK. :ROFLMAO:
In fact it was a truck repair workshop in the past, that's the reason it is so big. And also the reason why Hedin (Mercedes dealer) choose the location in Lokeren as the INEOS garage, 33 km from my house. I have "bad luck", there is a Hedin garage at 2km from my door.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:25 AM
Reaction score
I got my contract yesterday, haven't signed yet, dealer was fine about that as he knows I want a road test drive first. Talking with one or two people I'm told the brake light thing was not true, main reason for delays is hand-finishing of cars to ensure the first batch is right and that has to be a positive thing. I'm told that 1,100 cars for the UK have been produced already, still a lot of uncertainty around delivery dates but to manage expectations INEOS are saying by the end of March which is fine with me. People I know who've driven it on tarmac say road handling is fine, one caveat was the foot rest which could be wearing on a long drive but still not a deal breaker for me. With luck I should have it for my first spring fishing trip of the year, lots to look forward to. Oh and will just add, since some wanted to know, I think I ordered mine mid-May last year.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are they still being sent out with a 7 day deadline to sign or they expire?
Yes they are, dealer said not to worry had discussed it with INEOS who didn't regard at as unreasonable to hold off on contract signature for test drive. But I'm seeking my own clarification with AI on that. Any doubt about losing my place/price and they'll have my signature, I'm not that stubborn.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Gutted 😞 Looks like I’m not included in the latest batch of contracts, even with a 19.05.22 order date. 🥲
Keep pestering them.
I was ringing IA customer services weekly for the last month.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Gutted 😞 Looks like I’m not included in the latest batch of contracts, even with a 19.05.22 order date. 🥲

As a polar opposite to the reply above, I haven’t rung them once and I ordered 6 days after you !!

I personally think they are batching them on model or colour and what is in them, rather than who shouts the loudest.

Edit - I should have added I was sent my contract on 23/2/23

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As a polar opposite to the reply above, I haven’t rung them once and I ordered 6 days after you !!

I personally think they are batching them on model or colour and what is in them, rather than who shouts the loudest.
likewise, I think comes down to configs a little. I ordered 18 May midday, no
contract yet.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, that would be my only concern on holding off and then disappearing down another Ineos rabbit hole.
After just calling AI customer service I've decided to sign the contract sooner rather than later. A very pleasant assistant at the other end seemed no better informed about production/ delivery issues as anyone here, but he certainly had the gift of the gab. Unlike the agent who said no problem delaying signing, customer service said it might put me back. Then when I asked about possible changes he said it shouldn't be a problem, then he wasn't sure, so I'm not going to rock the boat on anything like that. I'll stick with my original choices, not worry about a road test, and just go with the flow. One interesting thing is that he said he'd seen that a car in South Africa had actually been delivered to its owner, i.e. now sitting on the owner's drive, not waiting in a dealer workshop. I don't know what to believe anymore, never thought buying a car would be such an act of faith.

Back
Top Bottom