The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
No date on the contract when signing.
It actually caveats delivery times everywhere.
I have since spoken to my dealer after signing this morning and he hope to have news on an estimated date on Monday.
He also said of the 8 vehicles he has taken delivery of so far, he only had the heads up on 3 of them before they turned up.
Hopefully things will get a little more organised although I wont mind if mine turns up unannounced, so long as its soon.
Good luck
Paul, Im going to be using you as my lucky charm.

Contract received, all correct and signed ! portal updated and now wait for delivery !

cheers

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Landed today ! Will read and sign , was initially quoted January build date and delivery Feb/March . 2 weeks ago i changed my configuration to include the red chassis. All noted on my order and no apparent delay . Hope this does not change things :) one step closer ! Its happening . D4E05296-532F-4EE8-BD7C-73FB619BD714.png

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's my contract received and signed today following being notified that my truck was "In Production" on 14th February. As several folks have asked others here are a few details:
  • Initial Reservation: 30th September 2021, approx. 06:00 UK time
  • Ordered: 18th May 2022, time stamp 09:50
  • Trialmaster, diesel, Donny grey, winch, leather, sliders, privacy glass, tow hitch, safari windows

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
no contract but just received an email;

Hi,

In the production update from our Hambach factory earlier this month, our CEO, Lynn Calder, made two commitments.

One was that, as Grenadiers reach our first customers, we communicate more frequently. The other was that quality remains our number one priority.

PRODUCTION UPDATE

In line with this priority, all vehicles continue to be subject to the ‘batch and hold’ process. This means they are still undergoing additional, rigorous checks. These continue to slow us down. But, we’re still making progress. We are now seeing the first vehicles leaving Hambach en route to our retailer partners. And we’ve issued almost 1,000 additional contracts this week as we ramp up production of customer vehicles.

etc etc

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's my contract received and signed today following being notified that my truck was "In Production" on 14th February. As several folks have asked others here are a few details:
  • Initial Reservation: 30th September 2021, approx. 06:00 UK time
  • Ordered: 18th May 2022, time stamp 09:50
  • Trialmaster, diesel, Donny grey, winch, leather, sliders, privacy glass, tow hitch, safari windows
WOW Marko
Pretty much exactly the same spec except I didn't go for safari windows.
Ordered on the 18th May with a time stamp of 09.44 (6 minutes earlier)

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
WOW Marko
Pretty much exactly the same spec except I didn't go for safari windows.
Ordered on the 18th May with a time stamp of 09.44 (6 minutes earlier)
Good choice! My initial order didn’t include the safari windows either, I had my dealer add them a couple of months later after I had a PT02 test drive

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
12.3 The Customer agrees that it has received, read and understand the owner’s manual of the Vehicle provided to you in hardcopy and available from our website.
Ah yes, it's there. Be aware that the web page search doesn't find text in the contract. You have to donwload it as PDF and then searching for keywords works.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
I went to my dealer today (had to take my car instead of the train to go to Antwerp for my job, and the Hedin dealer in Lokeren is half-way).
I tried to get an answer to some of the questions. I will put some pictures and comments on some threads that are "permanent" and not related to our common sickness ;)

What I should tell here in this thread:
  • the break lights work fine, no delay when you lift your foot, so, this isn't THE software problem
  • I asked the Hedin Belgium guys (they are 2) if they really didn't know what the problem was, or if they were not allowed to tell us: they answered they really didn't know
  • only one manual in the car: from the CTEK power management system; no other manuals: not from the car, not from the screen, not from the winch
  • I tried again to connect my Samsung S20 phone, Android version 13 with two different cables and USB ports to my phone: it didn't work: so for the time being no Waze on my screen, neither music. Could it be because the car was still in transport mode? I don't know and they couldn't answer.
  • Phoning with my car through Bluetooth and synchronizing my contact on my screens was successful! Well, I didn't phone, but I saw the contacts and my phone recognized the car and vice vers;
As I said, I will try to find some suitable places for answering some other technical questions or showing some pictures, like trailer hitch height, removing the winch cover, dipstick, compartment under the key and OBDII connection, lateral airbags, ...

Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
Just received a new email from Ineos:
Hallo Heiko,

in unserem Update zur Fertigung aus unserem Werk in Hambach, das Du Anfang dieses Monats erhalten hast, hat unsere Vorstandsvorsitzende Lynn Calder zwei Versprechen abgegeben:

Erstens, dass wir im Rahmen der Auslieferung des Grenadier an unsere ersten Kundinnen und Kunden häufiger kommunizieren werden. Zweitens, dass Qualität unsere oberste Priorität bleibt.

UPDATE ZUR PRODUKTION

Es wird weiterhin jede gefertigte Charge zurückgehalten und zusätzlichen Qualitätskontrollen unterzogen. Es kommt dadurch leider immer noch zu Verzögerungen bei der Auslieferung – wir machen aber sukzessive Fortschritte. Die ersten Fahrzeuge verlassen bereits das Werk in Hambach und sind nun auf dem Weg zu unseren Retail Partnern. Durch das Hochfahren der Produktion, konnten wir diese Woche knapp 1.000 zusätzliche Verträge ausstellen.

SCHWIERIGES GELÄNDE. ANSPRUCHSVOLLE TEILNEHMER.

Wie Lynn Calder bereits angekündigt hat, haben Medien aus der ganzen Welt den Grenadier auf einer einzigartigen Reise, die in den schottischen Highlands begann, auf Herz und Nieren geprüft. Wie kamen die Grenadiere mit dem schweren Gelände und den rauen Witterungsbedingungen zurecht? Online findest Du knapp 300 erste Eindrücke mit interessanten Einzelheiten. Hier ist ein erster Eindruck:

„Die Königsdisziplin ist eine Wasserdurchfahrt, bei denen die Räder das Tageslicht verlassen, erlebt in der Morecambe Bay an der Westküste Englands. Natürlich nur bei Ebbe auf dem weichen Sand befahrbar, aber immer wieder unterbrochen von tiefen Furchen zurückgelassenen Wassers und sogar einer Flussquerung.“(Handelsblatt, 10.02.2023)
Wir wissen, dass die Situation derzeit nicht zufriedenstellend ist. Nichts würde uns mehr freuen, als Dich bald am Steuer Deines neuen Grenadiers zu sehen.

Wir werden Dich weiterhin mit Neuigkeiten zu Deinem Grenadier auf dem Laufenden halten. Updates erfolgen in einem zweiwöchigen Rhythmus. Falls Du in der Zwischenzeit Fragen hast, kannst Du Dich jederzeit an uns wenden.

deepl-translation

Hello Heiko,

In our update on manufacturing from our Hambach plant, which you received earlier this month, our CEO Lynn Calder made two promises:

First, that we will communicate more frequently as we deliver the Grenadier to our first customers. Second, that quality will remain our top priority.

UPDATE ON PRODUCTION

We continue to hold back every batch that is manufactured and subject it to additional quality controls. Unfortunately, this still results in delays in delivery - but we are making successive progress. The first vehicles have already left the Hambach plant and are now on their way to our retail partners. Due to the ramp-up of production, we were able to issue almost 1,000 additional contracts this week.

DIFFICULT TERRAIN. DEMANDING PARTICIPANTS.

As Lynn Calder has previously announced, media from around the world put the Grenadier through its paces on a unique journey that began in the Scottish Highlands. How did the Grenadier cope with the tough terrain and harsh weather conditions? Online, you'll find nearly 300 first impressions with interesting details. Here is a first impression:

"The supreme discipline is a water crossing, where the wheels leave the daylight, experienced in Morecambe Bay on the west coast of England. Of course, only passable at low tide on the soft sand, but repeatedly interrupted by deep furrows of water left behind and even a river crossing." (Handelsblatt, Feb. 10, 2023)
READ REPORT >
We know that the situation is not satisfactory at the moment. Nothing would please us more than to see you soon at the wheel of your new Grenadier.

We will continue to keep you updated with news about your Grenadier. Updates will be made on a bi-weekly basis. If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

A link to a paywall-article ('Handelsblatt') does not make sense to me ...

Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Got my contract through about 3pm today. All correct, so signed!

I was 30th Sep reservation and 18th may order.

Magic mushroom 5 seat utility

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
I have received my contract today as well. Clearly a whole wave coming through now.

Donny Grey paint for the Trialmaster models must have arrived as that’s what I ordered on 25th May.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
It might also have been a problem with the DocuSign app. (or not!) A real-estate agent sent us something yesterday requiring us to reply using DocuSign. It was a shambles and hasn't been resolved.... Take heart!! ;)

Reactions: Max

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
Vote Labor and industry dies. Thats what happens when 'union' wages are factored so high it crushes competition.
Still no contract here :(
Would really be better if we avoided overtly party political posts in this forum. There are plenty of other forums for that purpose. It’s just going to lead to irrelevant arguments that distract from our purpose for being here and take the fun and camaraderie out of the place.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
out of interest does it give you a delivery date on your contract? hats one of the reasons that Ive been given by Ineos in the past for the hold up ? be god to know !
Ta

No delivery date,

I placed a reservation at 01:49 on 30/09, placed the order 18/5 at 19:24 - bit annoyed the reservation didn’t seem to impact the build order as promised, no actual priority for hand raisers it seems. My spec is Fieldmaster, Donny Grey, black roof, red chassis, black windows, rough pack, side steps, rear table, auxiliary wiring, tow hitch. I wondered if the red chassis was slowing it up.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No delivery date,

I placed a reservation at 01:49 on 30/09, placed the order 18/5 at 19:24 - bit annoyed the reservation didn’t seem to impact the build order as promised, no actual priority for hand raisers it seems. My spec is Fieldmaster, Donny Grey, black roof, red chassis, black windows, rough pack, side steps, rear table, auxiliary wiring, tow hitch. I wondered if the red chassis was slowing it up.
I have in writing from IA that the reservation date is the build slot for our vehicles - it was confirmed when I paid the Order deposit as I had issue trying to get the order finalised (web page blowing up). I am pretty sure now that reservation dates mean you only get in to the first 'batch' of cars which is likely the first 15,000 ordered. The batch of cars is then split into the regions of delivery order (seems to be Switzerland, UK, France, etc). Overseas variants are all trailing these by the looks of it from some contract signing dates.

Back
Top Bottom