The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
I spoke to my dealer today who is also a Ford, Honda, Hyundai dealer.

He said that as far as communications go, and updates as to where cars are up to in production etc, he said INEOS beats them all hands down. The others have web based tracking systems, but the dealer never look at them as they are all so irrelevant and out of date - it just annoys customers.

So, perhaps INOES aren't that bad after all.
well Dave - 2 months ago my dealer (sort of west of yours) had a 180 degree differing view

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score
Grenadier arrived 4 weeks ago at dealer, since this week all papers for registration are available, BUT Ineos did not send letter for payment…. No payment, no registration, no hand over
If I work in this way, I will not have the money to survive my daily life.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
I have just written to Lynn Calder to say I don't know where my £70,000 is.
I want to know should I contact the fraud department at Barclays as fraud can be very sophisticated and currently, I have no 100% confirmation that the money has arrived with Ineos. Chat line suggested I check with them again next Tuesday!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have just written to Lynn Calder to say I don't know where my £70,000 is.
I want to know should I contact the fraud department at Barclays as fraud can be very sophisticated and currently, I have no 100% confirmation that the money has arrived with Ineos. Chat line suggested I check with them again next Tuesday!
Good luck Cheshire Cat. C U next Tuesday - are they for real, scrap that, of course they are.

No doubt will turn out well in the end but for the love of gawd, Ineos!!!

Can you imagine if the boot was on the other foot - sir you have driven away your car, please confirm you have sent the 70k. 'I'll call you on Tuesday, actually you call me'.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I rang my dealer for an update today. Still showing as an April build on the dealer portal… They still have some march builds showing that are not in production yet.. so its looking like it could still be some time away..

Has anyone in the UK had a contract in the last few weeks?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I rang my dealer for an update today. Still showing as an April build on the dealer portal… They still have some march builds showing that are not in production yet.. so its looking like it could still be some time away..

Has anyone in the UK had a contract in the last few weeks?
Got mine 3 weeks ago today. Nothing further to report.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Signed my contract about 4 weeks ago too. No news - I still have no download access to my order details or contract on the website (never have done). Just had a conversation with my wife about the financial/money moving problems some people are experiencing - she is a very senior bank contract and commercial guarantee/payment expert . She is adamant we should not transfer money before seeing the vehicle ready to drive away - there after we can wait an appropriate time for final admin.
It will be interesting to see what happens. Important to note - this is in no way a dig at my dealer they have been very approachable and helpful - but I suspect also caught up in the badmin. 60 grand is a whole lot of money and we want to be sure that we are getting the contractually promised goods in good condition and both sides are mutually covered. I am still hugely excited about my new IG and see this as an unfortunate speedbump rather than a dealbreaker. However, even when I bought a house the money moves on the day I can get into it!

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
Good for you Cheshire, and how easy was that to placate a customer. A simple email to say thanks for paying £60k.

This really isn’t rocket science.

I don’t and never have considered myself as a difficult customer or a serial complainer, but IA are pushing me hard tbh.

I just get a sneaking suspicion I can hear the faint noise of happy clapping starting in the background.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good for you Cheshire, and how easy was that to placate a customer. A simple email to say thanks for paying £60k.

This really isn’t rocket science.

I don’t and never have considered myself as a difficult customer or a serial complainer, but IA are pushing me hard tbh.

I just get a sneaking suspicion I can hear the faint noise of happy clapping starting in the background.
You are quite right Shaky. I can wait as long as it takes. Just wanted to know my money was definitely safe. I have physically seen the car, so I know it does actually exist. 😊

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
More on the way, spotted yesterday on the a34 nr Sotton Scotney
Extra points for the transporter have magic mushroom paint, and triple points for getting yours in the shot too. 👏

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got the same 3 weeks and 3 days after payment !
That's what I can't fathom. There were issues like this prior to my request to pay, but my payment got a response in 24 hours, in fact I got two in 48 hours, and the registration and V5C papers turned up really promptly as well. Now it seems to have fallen off again?

Back
Top Bottom