The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
Told mine was in Transit on the 26th April - update to say will be at the agent on 25th May. A month to move from Hambach. Then how long before I get my hands on it. VIN 1170.

I signed my contract on the 10 November 2022. Just asked INEOS, why is this so painful, as clearly there are VIP's in the system. Really PISSED OFF to be honest.

Reactions: PBD

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
Tks, I signed a little over 5 weeks later than you so gives me some more time frame info. Though anything but an exact science with IA.
Don’t take my case as a reference. I had ordered for the first time in July 22, then IA delivered a car in the wrong colour and with the wrong motor in March 23 so that I had to re-order with the promise of priority. My dealer said, orders taken now have an estimated delivery in Nov 24…

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t take my case as a reference. I had ordered for the first time in July 22, then IA delivered a car in the wrong colour and with the wrong motor in March 23 so that I had to re-order with the promise of priority. My dealer said, orders taken now have an estimated delivery in Nov 24…
I've waited since November and still don't have it, so would expect 2024 at the earliest.

BTW, why should anyone have priority?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. I ordered May 22.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
I've waited since November and still don't have it, so would expect 2024 at the earliest.

BTW, why should anyone have priority?
I‘m with you when it comes to „VIP“. In my case I find it justified (and would do so for anyone else). Otherwise I would have to wait until autumn 2024 now even though my car would have been ready this spring if IA hadn’t screwed it up.

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had to post on this thread as ive been reading it for ages, a lurker i guess. My car has finally been delivered to my dealer in gerrards cross and went to see it today and am very pleased the thing is a tank/5 seater station wagon, looks mean in inky black and the 18 inch alloys really set it off will be great on the school run!! Which it will be used for as i now have to do the school run, plan to pick it up next Friday. I dont think people will have to wait long now as theyre just clearing the back log.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Told mine was in Transit on the 26th April - update to say will be at the agent on 25th May. A month to move from Hambach. Then how long before I get my hands on it. VIN 1170.

I signed my contract on the 10 November 2022. Just asked INEOS, why is this so painful, as clearly there are VIP's in the system. Really PISSED OFF to be honest.
I will have had mine for 2 weeks tomorrow - love it but the Ineos website says that it is still in Transit! 😀😀

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:02 PM
Reaction score

I signed my contract two days before you and my VIN has now been given as 3126.

I was told it had actually been built and was in batch and hold prior to getting my contract. That either turned out to be an untruth or adds to your theory that it was taken off me and some VIP got it.

I am now sat waiting as it has been in transit about 3 weeks prior to the VIN being allocated. Perhaps they are adding the VINS on the ship coming to the UK 😂

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I signed my contract two days before you and my VIN has now been given as 3126.

I was told it had actually been built and was in batch and hold prior to getting my contract. That either turned out to be an untruth or adds to your theory that it was taken off me and some VIP got it.

I am now sat waiting as it has been in transit about 3 weeks prior to the VIN being allocated. Perhaps they are adding the VINS on the ship coming to the UK 😂
Shaky - WOW. I totally understand your frustration. You should have your vehicle by now. I reckon you and I will see our vehicles around the same time. Yours will be newer though.

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah can see peoples frustrations as if youve been told your new cars coming and you get rid of a lease car or sold yours and then your stuck with no car, i did say this to the dealer and he agreed. Luckily i had a cheap lease deal and extended it fully expecting a protracted wait but not everyone could do that. Im hoping its worth the wait as its my first real 4x4, did test drive a defender 20 years ago but hated the clutch (heavy) as i used to commute on the m25 and couldnt cope with the stop start in it, luckily dont commute now, especially at 20 to the gallon, although i reckon it maybe better than expected.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah can see peoples frustrations as if youve been told your new cars coming and you get rid of a lease car or sold yours and then your stuck with no car, i did say this to the dealer and he agreed. Luckily i had a cheap lease deal and extended it fully expecting a protracted wait but not everyone could do that. Im hoping its worth the wait as its my first real 4x4, did test drive a defender 20 years ago but hated the clutch (heavy) as i used to commute on the m25 and couldnt cope with the stop start in it, luckily dont commute now, especially at 20 to the gallon, although i reckon it maybe better than expected.

You were wise not to buy a defender 20 years ago, sat in constant traffic stop starting in one of them would be my idea of purgatory.

There have been a few on here caught with getting rid of vehicles only to find they are now in the lurch through no fault of their own in many cases.

I hope you are right with the MPG, I think there are a few who are getting better results already.

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Im also going to move the seats back and redo the guard as i need space for adults and children, not sure how yet but there is a place i know thats a landrover proper spanner place and im sure they would love to get there hands on one of these as are their future i would say.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom