The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
Same with my roof bars. Trip to Italy/Albania in June requires roof tent (because once you've had one you cant go back!), so ive bought some THULE universal bars used from eBay. Will try make them fit
Will the Thule bars take the weight?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We have two for sale on Autotrader now in the UK. One at £85k and the other at £65 +VAT - £78k. The 78k one is familiar with its non standard wheels.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m more than sick of waiting I’m bloody angry 😡. Having been requested to paying in full on the 24 April , in my excitement and eagerness to get my vehicle I paid up. I just did a live chat with Ineos to check on progress as my dealer hasn’t seen sight of my vehicle. The is the exact quote from the Ineos rep. “ please do not worry, we do not have an exact date. However , the next batch are vehicle are going to be delivered in the next few weeks. Therefore, bare with us “ 9:07AM”
Im sorry folks this has made me seriously pissed off. I wish I hadn’t paid up 😡😡😡

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m more than sick of waiting I’m bloody angry 😡. Having been requested to paying in full on the 24 April , in my excitement and eagerness to get my vehicle I paid up. I just did a live chat with Ineos to check on progress as my dealer hasn’t seen sight of my vehicle. The is the exact quote from the Ineos rep. “ please do not worry, we do not have an exact date. However , the next batch are vehicle are going to be delivered in the next few weeks. Therefore, bare with us “ 9:07AM”
Im sorry folks this has made me seriously pissed off. I wish I hadn’t paid up 😡😡😡
I am totally with you. I had the mail on the 26th saying it is transit and to pay. I have not paid, but by agent is to busy to get back to me.

So I guess mine is lost in the network like yours. I do think Trading Standards or Ombudsmen should be informed.

I really do not know what to do, I have a vehicle to sell and don't whether I should. Annoying - the communication is ZERO!

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am totally with you. I had the mail on the 26th saying it is transit and to pay. I have not paid, but by agent is to busy to get back to me. So I guess mine is lost in the network like yours. I do think Trading Standards or Ombudsmen should be informed.
I’m taking advice 👍🏼

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From the outside looking in, if IA were to employ 2-3 people full-time to help fight the fires of discontent with clear and regular updates on status of 1) Contracts, 2) Production Schedule, 3) Delivery to Dealer est dates, 4) When to make final payment/received etc. This would go a very long way to keeping people happy/ier. Once people have paid the balance they should be upgraded to the highest level of service. No idea what difficulties they are facing internally but if they just gave a decent lip service all would be much better.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Will the Thule bars take the weight?
Yeah. My RTT is only 55kg. When its set up it folds out so half the weight is taken by the ladder. I've run it on my hilux roof bars for a while including offroad and it's solid.

If in doubt Can always throw a third bar underneath

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Further to my rant. My Ineos account shows build is complete. Also states vehicle is in transit. Seriously it’s been in transit for 10days and still no where in sight. How long can it take to transport a vehicle from Hambach to Portsmouth. Three years ago it took three weeks to ship my Defender from Port of London to Cape Town. WTF 😳

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah. My RTT is only 55kg. When its set up it folds out so half the weight is taken by the ladder. I've run it on my hilux roof bars for a while including offroad and it's solid.

Thanks for that - my RTT should arrive this week and I’m pondering what to do to get away this month.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score

We drove our 75 kg RTT on 2 Thule bars 4000km through Scotland last summer and slept in it with the 4 of us. Bars are fine. Car not so much.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
My car is at the dealer as of today. I've just asked them to confirm how much of the car is there and how many bits are missing. Fingers crossed, it's been a long journey and it feels like the end is tantalisingly close....

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well after my earlier rants. My dealer has just contacted to say my Grenadier will be with them by 9 May. And I should get the vehicle 7 to 10 days after that 🤞🏼. Some progress 😎

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom