The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
If I have to postpone distribution, do I do it with the Volkswagen customer or with Ineos?
It seems even Volkswagen don't have the gravity to move the market:

* Thousands of cars are said to be stuck at port of Emden waiting to be shipped

* Rumours suggest VW has ‘not bid enough for shipping places’ leading to delays

* Dealers frustrated at not being able to tell customers when cars will arrive

* VW Group says ‘all available shipping capacity’ is currently being used elsewhere

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
I think the Bronco is an apples and oranges comparison. The Bronco problem is driven by demand outstripping supply. For the IG, it is something else- the cars sit on lots, and people don’t get delivery. Kind of more like when there were chip shortages keeping delivery from happening.

But the real issue is that we don’t seem to REALLY know what is causing the delays. As far as I know there is no notification on letter head with bullet points as to the exact reasons- or am I wrong? Conversations and phone calls don’t count. Letterhead and bullet points.

It seems that some are being delivered? Saw one on Facebook.
Quite a few are being delivered now, there are multiple factors, some need transfer cases checked and they need replacement screws after checking, some need replacement brake hoses and it seems there are some supply restrictions on those, they did need software updates, It seems some need paperwork etc. but it does seem that things are easing and they are working through it.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Quite a few are being delivered now, there are multiple factors, some need transfer cases checked and they need replacement screws after checking, some need replacement brake hoses and it seems there are some supply restrictions on those, they did need software updates, It seems some need paperwork etc. but it does seem that things are easing and they are working through it.
yeah - but the key word is a "few" - it seems like a few handfuls but there are thousands waiting, lonely and unloved, to be united with their owner

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hope to be collecting mine on Thurs/Fri. Miffed that ALL (£2500) accessories are missing from the car (tow ball, side runners, roof bars, half-height guard and divider). Am off on a camping trip 20th May so really could do with the roof bars and cargo barrier/divider. Hey ho.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hope to be collecting mine on Thurs/Fri. Miffed that ALL (£2500) accessories are missing from the car (tow ball, side runners, roof bars, half-height guard and divider). Am off on a camping trip 20th May so really could do with the roof bars and cargo barrier/divider. Hey ho.
Same with my roof bars. Trip to Italy/Albania in June requires roof tent (because once you've had one you cant go back!), so ive bought some THULE universal bars used from eBay. Will try make them fit

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is yours an M1 or N1?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a thought which I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned already: Why not simply put a countdown queue on the portal? So you log in and you can see that you are #458 in the queue, you log in the next week and you are #396 and so on. They already have this information and they could simply reduce the queue number by the number of vehicles produced each day. That would be the only manual entry required by IA, the website could be programmed to do the rest.

Doing this would have saved them loads of time and prevented loads of bad feeling on the part of customers. With the current system you have literally no idea what is happening until you get a contract, and even that doesn’t tell you much..

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Only problem is, they would be giving away numbers. That would be privileged info.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wheel nuts are capped

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
There are two big Selling platforms to sell a used or new car in Germany. And one of them don’t have INEOS. The other sells 5 Ineos Grenadier. Posting at this moment

Back
Top Bottom