The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
If my car ( maybe delivered today to the dealer ) would look like that, I would refuse to take it. Even a Series One Land Rover had a better build quality.
When I decided to follow Grenadier projekt - many years ago - I hoped to see something like that. There where, already a number of very nice and consistent SUV off road oriented, but for me they looked to refined, compared to my loved Defender. Cayenne, now considered the typical status symbol, was a great off roader, for instance. I'm a classic Porsche owner, but my warhorse has to be tough, rough and not too poshy. If I have at the present a complaint, it is that the Grenadier grew up a little to refined, but with some more years on me, that is ok for me. It being understood that some elements of harsh roughness I like remained on the Grenadier ...

Mitchell300

GG-741
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think the sela green is the picture I took of my vehicle. When you look from straight in front of the panel, as in the MM picture, you can’t see the spot welds. There only visible from an angle.
Spot welds on my MM:

WP_20230428_095.jpgWP_20230428_094.jpg
I think Ineos bought some overspill car parking space from the local opencast coal mine. It's everywhere on mine.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations. 👍

Don't forget to post your agent goodie bag on this thread:

My gift was that they sent a driver to pick me up from home …! I also got a nice tin mug, two Ineos hats for my boys and a lovel experience courtesy of Kirsty from Adventure Automotive in Northampton.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep good point. A uber man in a Prius would be a poor start.
Like the two women that plan a trip to Paris over a weekend and decide to book a special tour to Versailles which includes a pickup at the hotel with a historic Citroen.
I asked „what car is it?“
- „I don’t know, it not from importance. It’s just a car!“
Me: „ please check whether it’s a DS that would be a nice drive for you.“
- „It’s a 2CV“
Me: „-„
- „what?“
Me: „so it’s a Ente“ (Ente is the German word for duck, as we call the 2CV in Germany)
- silence
Both: loud laughing 😂

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score
My gift was that they sent a driver to pick me up from home …! I also got a nice tin mug, two Ineos hats for my boys and a lovel experience courtesy of Kirsty from Adventure Automotive in Northampton.
Happy GIF

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Does anybody know something about the reason for checking the transfer cases?
I heard that there has been a problem of blocking transfer cases with CDL locked in low range at around 70 km/h.
This unfortunately doesn’t only give the car a full stop but for sure destroyed something more than a gear wheel.
I raised the same question last Monday (post #2,598).

From my visit at Letech and the discussions I had there this week I recall the following:

It obviously has to do with manufacturing tolerances in the transfer box. Apparently, one or the other tolerance is too tight, probably in an attempt to reduce noise from the gears. As the transfer case heats up (or better: gets slightly warm, that's the reason for the ~30km test drive), the play eventually reduces to a value that's too low, which, when I understood correctly, becomes more obvious when, after warm up, shifted to "low". How exactly this would become "immediately obvious" (noise, or noticeable friction) they weren't able to say however, probably because none of the 15 vehicles they received and tested showed the problem.

I'm still wondering what happens when the transfer case gets _really_ hot. With a ~30km drive at current outside temperatures in Germany and low load (no towing etc) I would assume the transfer case oil temp at 50...60°C max. This can easily double in summer and under heavy load.

But let's assume that the Ineos tech guys know what they are doing. There's good reasons to believe in them if you look at what they have achieved so far :)

Back
Top Bottom