The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
Visited Grange Edinburgh today to tyre-kick my vehicle. Very impressed with build quality. Vehicle missing roof rack with no delivery date as yet. Other accessories missing but apparently in stock and will be fitted upon PDI. A total of 38 vehicles at the dealers but I understand zero so far released to customers. Grange rep very welcoming - I've had good service from them to date, as well as free coffee.
View attachment 7809585
Same colours as i have opted for but steel wheels trialmaster for me , glad someone could get hold of a grange rep .

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
To my dismay and unsurprisingly I have not been asked yet to collect my Grenadier although I was the first Belgian to see and touch his car more than two months ago.
I am still sick of waiting:sick::eek:
I don’t think Jean should get his car yet, he might be tempted to stop posting.
I think I will ask Sir Mister Jim to hold it back a little longer. 😎

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think Jean should get his car yet, he might be tempted to stop posting.
I think I will ask Sir Mister Jim to hold it back a little longer. 😎
No just think of all the posting he'll need to do to ask our questions

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Checked today and mine due on site the 9th of May. Transfer box check will be part of PDI, etc. I have ordered DG but the MM looked really good too.
With the time gap to 9th May, does that mean it's still at the factory? If so, why wouldn't the transfer case check be done there?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
Checked today and mine due on site the 9th of May. Transfer box check will be part of PDI, etc. I have ordered DG but the MM looked really good too.

I have said many a time Cheshire that we have ordered nigh on the same vehicle, so your comment interests me, as I am now wondering when mine will be here and if it is going to be a similar date to you.

I have been told it’s on its way via email and received an email on Monday asking for payment. When did you get that email ?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody know something about the reason for checking the transfer cases?
I heard that there has been a problem of blocking transfer cases with CDL locked in low range at around 70 km/h.
This unfortunately doesn’t only give the car a full stop but for sure destroyed something more than a gear wheel.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine has apparently left the factory so I am guessing it is with the transport company. It was over a week ago that my order changed to In Transit and I was asked if I might pay up.
My dealership have had techs there for several days, checking transfer boxes etc. my vehicle has no advisories other than the check.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anybody know something about the reason for checking the transfer cases?
I heard that there has been a problem of blocking transfer cases with CDL locked in low range at around 70 km/h.
This unfortunately doesn’t only give the car a full stop but for sure destroyed something more than a gear wheel.
The issue was explained to me in similar terms to what you have just described. I was under the impression that if there was an issue, it was affecting a very small number of boxes. The consequences of a seizure means it has to be taken very seriously. I expect that in most cases it will purely be a check.

Local time
Reaction score
For those deriding my first post, I know the dual purpose rules inside out so just before paying my deposit I had a personal face to face with senior Ineos staff who assured me that the required 1 tonne payload target would be met.
Without that assurance no order would have been placed.
I would have liked to experience the Grenadier but not at the BIK cost I'd have to pay.
And, by the way, for other doubters the Land Rover 110 crew-cab did meet the dual purpose 1 tonne payload - just!

Mitchell300

GG-741
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was at The Grange in Edinburgh yesterday to see my sela green 2 seat utility. I was please to find no faults on first look over. Off to the bank tomorrow to make the final payment, no handover date yet. Pictures don’t show the colour correctly, my poor photo taking coupled with bright light.
IMG_1143.jpegIMG_1142.jpeg

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was at The Grange in Edinburgh yesterday to see my sela green 2 seat utility. I was please to find no faults on first look over. Off to the bank tomorrow to make the final payment, no handover date yet. Pictures don’t show the colour correctly, my poor photo taking coupled with bright light.
View attachment 7809614View attachment 7809615
Tyre/rim combo looks great with the green.

Back
Top Bottom