The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
I thought to be legally correct he can only steal the steering wheel as the rest still belongs to Sir Jim
But if he steels the steering wheel and the rest of the vehicle exercises it's free will to come along for the ride it is all ok
Unless it identifies as being stolen.

Last edited:

sne

Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
And I'm assuming that our UK and presumably the EU restriction of 3500 kg is solely down to driving licence laws.
There are driving license restrictions, speed limit problems, and in the various countries very different penalties. Germany is quite casual with 10€ for more than 5% excess weight, France will cost up to 750€ at the same excess and stop one from driving on, other countries vary and may be more drastic. It is the classic problem of many camper vehicles. There is also rumors, that police officers are not very hesitant with foreign travelers in their respective country. So this is something I will definitely avoid in foreign waters....

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
Why had it "better not be" ???
imagine if they printed a document and posted it ion their website???
then it depends what accessories you have selected and how fat you are
View attachment 7809451
Shit. I haven't even ordered yet. In fact, IA isn't fully up and running in NA, but I might be out. Just reread the brochure - there's no f*ucking PTO?! Really? HTF am I supposed to: run my log splitter? My table saw? Jeeze, what about the welder!? FFS!

(Jean - FFS - For F's Sake)

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
Update on my truck.
1. Steps still not arrived!
2. Registered at DVLA, by Ineos on 21 April, so a months tax gone west!
3. Ineos have messed up the V5 registration docs, registered it as a Fieldmaster, not the Trialmaster that it should be!😟
Balls ups to the end!!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why had it "better not be" ???
imagine if they printed a document and posted it ion their website???
then it depends what accessories you have selected and how fat you are
View attachment 7809451
The latest Australian brochure has a further increase in payload: ..Trialmaster is now 833 kg for the diesel and 907kg for petrolIG payloads.JPG

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update on my truck.
3. Ineos have messed up the V5 registration docs, registered it as a Fieldmaster, not the Trialmaster that it should be!😟
Balls ups to the end!!
So can you collect it?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So can you collect it?
Ineos are reluctant to let it go without the steps but I could insist. Mark at JT Hughes is going to sort the V5 errors with Ineos.
I will give it a few more days then collect it without the steps.
Further to the above, Ineos are refusing to release my car😡

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Rather cheeky of them to register it if bits are missing and they want to keep it.

They seem to be failing at the very basics of customer service ~ far too remote and hiding behind both the agents and the third party provided customer service when it suits them.

All very frustrating.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I would be having it massive with the loss of a months road tax. On a vehicle like this and with the increases that is a lot of money I would be wanting back and another reason I won’t be paying until I see the metal. Then I will wait an extra two days whilst my money clears.

They have made me wait long enough.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It seems that there is no sense of urgency from Ineos once they have received full payment.
My car has been at the dealer for over a month, it is paid for, all ready to go, PDI'd, plates on and polished but just needs the replacement brake pipes and a software flash. The brake pipes have been on order for over a week, we all know that goods can come from France (these are coming from Hambach and not the Parts unit in Belgium) in 24 hours and it has now been a week, just why they didn't send them weeks ago when the issue was identified defies belief. Also waiting for an Ineos technician to come down from Scotland to do the software flash update - that surely doesn't need a site visit, but just connecting up and updating over the 'net... it is only a computer link. I feel sorry for the poor dealers having to be the bridge between the eager customer and non communicative Ineos... All very frustrating..... It will be all worthwhile in the end!

Last edited:

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Just got Update call from Ineos UK!:

1. Car is arrived at dealer in germany
2. They did not know, thats it is my car
3. ….. because no papers beside to bring on the road
4. Ineos said could take a few weeks

@Jean Mercier ….. I will follow your/our pain😉
You should have got this call from your dealer, not from Ineos UK.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It seems that there is no sense of urgency from Ineos once they have received full payment.
My car has been at the delaer for over a month, it is paid for, all ready to go, PDI'd, plates on and polished but just needs the replacement brake pipes and a software flash. The brake pipes have been on order for over a week, we all know that goods can come from France (these are coming from Hambach and not the Parts unit in Belgium) in 24 hours and it has now been a week, just why they didn't send them weeks ago when the issue was identified defies belief. Also waiting for an Ineos technician to come down from Scotland to do the software flash update - that surely doesn't need a site visit, but just connecting up and updating over the 'net... it is only a computer link. I feel sorry for the poor dealers having to be the bridge between the eager customer and non communicative Ineos... All very frustrating..... It will be all worthwhile in the end!
Keep the faith. Mine has been at the dealer since early feb….!

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update on my truck.
Balls ups to the end!!
@PBD I think your dealer is really going to have strong words with INEOS to rectify your situation:
Not only have you lost a month's road tax, it also affects future years' VED renewals, should you decide to sell - the vehicle per the V5 will always be deemed a month older than it actually is, the dates for MOTs, and perhaps just as important the initial start date and expiry date of your INEOS warranty.

Local time
Reaction score
My contract arrived today. Whilst it's finally progressing, I'm still cynical about the delayed deliveries.

For those of you who have signed, are you concerned about the lack of quoted delivery date? I've never signed a contract (professionally or personally) with no delivery date. Most penalty/cancellation clauses are linked to late delivery.

The only potential upside is the CCR cancellation. However, I'm not clear how a court would consider this either a distance sale (as test drives were offered) or a standard product (due to options). I'm cautious of signing a contract where delivery could be many months away and I'm then locked in. Help!

Local time
Reaction score
Just received notification my vehicle has left the factory for N.Ireland and to send final payment. :D
I think I’ll get some eyeballs on it first.
Hello, fellow Nornirelander.
My vehicle ordered 4th quarter 22, I’m in no rush- enjoying the newness of the experience.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
are you concerned about the lack of quoted delivery date?

not today no. Have accepted that many things are not 'standard practice' with IA and have to bite my lip and tell myself all will be well. Obviously if still none the wiser in 12 weeks time I'll be swearing a bit more.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has not thy agent informed thee of the estimated delivery month of thine iron horse?
My Agent has told me mine was built some months ago now. It has apparently finished production although it doesn’t show on portal. Apparently still in the “hold” process no one has any idea for how long, or when it might head for a boat so no one will guess at a delivery date. I was hoping maybe June but with each passing month and no indication it is headed for a boat 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom