The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
Don't worry, my mind isn't as old as @Tazzieman : as soon as I can I will upload video's to my Youtube account and post some pictures here, with or without a genuine Belgian beer in my hand!
I will not do it on FaceBook, because I am not so fond of it anymore although I have an account. I have even a twitter account with my genuine name, and I almost don't use it.
To please @Tazzieman and other Australians, I'll use my Australian hat when posting my first picture with my new toy.
Don't worry , I can do all the techie stuff (started posting stuff on YT ¬ 15 years ago)
This is why I have no problems with lifting a 40kg spare wheel. Start young :p And drink Tazzie beer!
View: https://youtu.be/u8Y1Dh9njk0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
Don't worry , I can do all the techie stuff (started posting stuff on YT ¬ 15 years ago)
This is why I have no problems with lifting a 40kg spare wheel. Start young :p And drink Tazzie beer!
View: https://youtu.be/u8Y1Dh9njk0

Are they safety flip flops that you have on there ?

If I ever need to throw a steel ball above my head, I know who to ask for advice 😃

Local time
Reaction score
Best of luck! My Grenadier was due today/tomorrow but still another delay - brake hoses need to be replaced and the dealer is waiting for them - just why Ineos didn’t send therm out long ago when they knew about the problem defies belief. I have a registration number, insurance but have to wait and my car has been at the dealership for nearly a month now…. Now looking at next week…..

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
My wait for a new Landrover Defender 110 400e plug in hybrid is quoted as 3 - 6 months plus an extra 2 months for an electric tow hitch. One of the shortest of the Defender waits but I saw all of the waits and I don’t think that any were over a year.
I cancelled my Grenadier order due to the various known concerns and delays but although Ineos seem to be correcting them before issue to customers they aren’t confirming which faults are being addressed. My particular concern is the diff locks. Unless the diff locks are absolutely reliable I can’t go on mud. The Grenadier was great to drive off road on a rocky track but on road and in mud is less clear.
Good luck to all who keep the faith. From a reluctant Grexiteer
You know the new defender doesn't have selectable diff locks right? The "diff locks problem" was imo most likely car journos that don't understand meshing gears. Same issues come up with the wrangler rubicons.

Good luck with whatever you buy though

Local time
Reaction score
Interesting Conversation with the dealer yesterday who said my car was now built awaiting dispatch. They then gave me a Vin ending in the 800s. I prodded about the delays and they said that the changes required (brake pipes etc) to the first batches are being done outside the factory as they didn’t want to stop production.
They said all ones being manufactured now include all upgrades.
The dealer explained that until they prove to Ineos everything is done and the software is clear, they won’t give them permission to register it (or register it themselves)
I asked how many they had delivered and they said none, but hoped to do 2 next week. They also said that more and more were being delivered now as they seem to have sorted the defects
I did ask why they couldn’t get it right first time in the factory which they said Ineos are a new company!
Knowing I wasn’t going to change much I poured my first drink of the weekend
Cheers all

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting Conversation with the dealer yesterday who said my car was now built awaiting dispatch. They then gave me a Vin ending in the 800s. I prodded about the delays and they said that the changes required (brake pipes etc) to the first batches are being done outside the factory as they didn’t want to stop production.
They said all ones being manufactured now include all upgrades.
The dealer explained that until they prove to Ineos everything is done and the software is clear, they won’t give them permission to register it (or register it themselves)
I asked how many they had delivered and they said none, but hoped to do 2 next week. They also said that more and more were being delivered now as they seem to have sorted the defects
I did ask why they couldn’t get it right first time in the factory which they said Ineos are a new company!
Knowing I wasn’t going to change much I poured my first drink of the weekend
Cheers all
It seems to me a case of suppliers ramping up production on their specific products. The 2B and PTO vehicles were few in number enough, that when the suppliers have to start pumping parts out in bulk, the likelihood for defective batches increases. Pretty hard for ineos to combat this before hand.

Last edited:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
With reference to the title of this thread and including, but not limited to, without limitations, my previous posts made therein referring in the subject matter to said title: I still am.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It seems to me a case of suppliers ramping up production on their specific products. The 2B and PTO vehicles were few in number enough, that when the suppliers have to start pumping parts out in bulk, the likelihood for defective batches increases. Pretty hard for ineos to combat this before hand.
I've not heard anyone suggest the brake pipe issue is a defective batch from the supplier - rather all the evidence seems to suggest a simple factory installation error.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Asked Ineos via webchat when my previously est Feb 2023 build is due for production - no idea was the reply. Also asked when might a contract be issued for signing and got the standard response "in the coming weeks" and to please be patient.

no surprise Mondays continue!

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Email after Chat with Customerservice:

The colleagues from Hambach can unfortunately not give me an update on your order. I have received the message that the colleagues will inform you personally as soon as there is news regarding the delivery.

1. At Dealer System : Production May 23
2. Now two similar orders at Ineos. I will take both if possible, and sell one with profit
3. Dealer has the information that our Grenadier arrive soon. There is a VIN.

(Reminder: reservation 30.09., order 18.05., contract 03.03.)

In the meanwhile the information are comedy!
Maybe, hopefully, holiday in June could be with a new car.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
With reference to the title of this thread and including, but not limited to, without limitations, my previous posts made therein referring in the subject matter to said title: I still am.
How many words do you use to ask for a beer? :LOL:

Reactions: @nd
Back
Top Bottom