The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
No, the car of Christian [EDITED Ingemar] is not white, and I don't think any of the hard way home winners are members of this forum, but hey could use a nickname of course, or they don't post anything, because they had an agreement with Ineos.

I still think Christian [EDITED Ingemar] digressed the rules! [EDITED: the STUPID rules of the Communication Department of Ineos, therefore I agree with Ingemar to disgress!]
It's not as though Ineos didn't know what they were getting...

IMG_7175.JPG

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some research on general car waiting times:

"Top 10 new car lead times
Source: Wagonex, data collected by calling car dealers on March 28 & 29

Land Rover – up to 24 months
Audi – up to 12 months
Maserati – up to 12 months
Jaguar – up to 12 months
Nissan – up to 10 months
Porsche – up to 10 months
Mercedes-Benz –up to 9 months
DS – up to 9 months
Polestar – up to 9 months
Vauxhall – up to 9 months"

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score

Audi – up to 12 months
Jaguar – up to 12 months
Nissan – up to 10 months
DS – up to 9 months

Yes but....a very generic statement by this publication to get a headline and could be somewhat misleading because often the waiting times depend on the options you select and secondly, typically different models of the same brand will have their own wait times.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Yes but....a very generic statement by this publication to get a headline and could be somewhat misleading because often the waiting times depend on the options you select and secondly, typically different models of the same brand will have their own wait times.
Agreed - and they're talking about made-to-order cars, not on lot stock. From the article "timescales for drivers waiting for vehicle orders coming straight from the factory." I read yesterday that on-lot inventories in the US are almost back to pre-pandemic levels so there are cars to be had.

I just looked at a close-ish LR dealer and there are 32 trucks on the lot LRCH.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
Was at my doctor for my weekly visit, and he said, no worries, soon you will be declared cured. And I will let you go home, waiting almost finished.

So, what did I know from Dr. Hedin?
  • 3 cars have been delivered in Belgium
  • The cars with the green papers “transfer case OK” are cars that were tested in Hambach!
  • The “older cars” have been tested here in Belgium by technicians send by Ineos.
  • Next week they will be able to deliver more cars
  • [EDITED] Almost no deliveries of accessories!
  • I saw a couple getting out of Grenadier after a test ride on the road.
Concerning my car:
  • I had luck: neither the manager, neither his deputy were available when I arrived, and my car was open (without the key) on the yard, so I could look at the papers inside the car.
  • I didn’t see any @emax damages, but didn’t inspect very thoroughly.
  • The wipers were down (meaning: the wiper problem probably solved).
  • There was a workorder from 29/03 inside the car with the next items [in English!]:
  • -- Front control arms: replacement of front control arms
  • -- Steering return line / replacement of steering return line
  • -- Brake pipes and bracket: brake pipes and FT Bracket inspect
  • -- Speed sensor clipping: resposition speed sensor wiring [the word resposition was written like this!]
  • -- HVAC pipe clip inspect: inspect HVAC hose clip
  • There was a workorder from 19/04 inside the car with the next items:
  • -- Coolant hose clip removal: removal of clip from coolant
  • -- Steering wheel commands don’t work anymore (window controls, flashing lights, ...) [this is translated from Dutch]
  • -- Steering return line / replacement of steering return line [again? Or not done the first time?]
  • The “old” steering line was in the back of the car in a plastic bag, as well as the old wiper control device.
  • The Deputy arrived, and I got some answers at my questions (some are mentioned above).
  • I asked my key to check the “km”. I had 18 km on the ODO-meter when my car was delivered two months ago, and almost no gasoline (0 km left), now I had 36 km, and there was some gasoline in the car, for 50 km. That means they indeed tested the transfer case problem!
Then I had a conversation with the manager and his deputy (Dr. Hedin and his assistant):
  • All hardware has been fitted in my car.
  • They still had to check with their computer if there were any remaining faults, they would do it after their lunch, today 21/04!
  • I told them I would call them every half an hour to know if everything was OK, and they told me this would delay my delivery, so I didn’t! :devilish:
  • They will probably be able to release my car by the end of next week (should I believe this?)
  • Only three countries could deliver cars until now: the UK, Germany and Belgium.
I still feel sick of waiting, but I feel I am getting better! :sick:

I hope doctor Hedin will not be angry because I disclosed my medical results, and will not delay my delivery because of this! :eek::sick:

Last edited:

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was at my doctor for my weekly visit, and he said, no worries, soon you will be declared cured. And I will let you go home, waiting almost finished.

• The cars with the green papers “transfer case OK” are cars that were tested in Hambach!
  • The “older cars” have been tested here in Belgium by technicians send by Ineos.
Concerning my car:
  • I had luck: neither the manager, neither his deputy were available when I arrived, and my car was open (without the key) on the yard, so I could look at the papers inside the car.
  • There was a workorder from 29/03 inside the car with the next items [in English!]:
  • -- Speed sensor clipping: resposition speed sensor wiring [the word resposition was written like this!]
  • -- Steering wheel commands don’t work anymore (window controls, flashing lights, ...) [this is translated from Dutch]
  • -- Steering return line / replacement of steering return line [again? Or not done the first time?]
  • The “old” steering line was in the back of the car in a plastic bag, as well as the old wiper control device.
  • The Deputy arrived, and I got some answers at my questions (some are mentioned above).
  • I asked my key to check the “km”. I had 18 km on the ODO-meter when my car was delivered two months ago, and almost no gasoline (0 km left), now I had 36 km, and there was some gasoline in the car, for 50 km. That means they indeed tested the transfer case problem!
Then I had a conversation with the manager and his deputy (Dr. Hedin and his assistant):
  • They still had to check with their computer if there were any remaining faults, they would do it after their lunch, today 21/04!
  • I told them I would call them every half an hour to know if everything was OK, and they told me this would delay my delivery, so I didn’t! :devilish:
  • They will probably be able to release my car by the end of next week (should I believe this?)
  • Only three countries could deliver cars until now: the UK, Germany and Belgium.

I hope doctor Hedin will not be angry because I disclosed my medical results, and will not delay my delivery because of this! :eek::sick:
Wow, so it seems as though some of the really early cars will have almost been stripped and rebuilt by the time they’re released in to the wild! I know I wouldn’t be that comfortable about that as very often these “technicians” are wholly incompetent.

I bet for their sake they hope to deliver your car next week, and I bet they hope there will be no warranty work to do with it thereafter!

I look forward to hearing your review of the car when you have it.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent detail ~ well done you for persevering, investigating, and most importantly reporting it all here openly. 👏

Others can only benefit from your effort.

Can my Defender definitely lower it's wipers now?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Concerning my car:

I see that you don’t want to bother the Dr. with unnecessary calls.
But if you provide the number here I would certainly help you out and call every 55 minutes (so the will not be used to ignoring the phone at a special time) with hidden number.
This is the least I (we?) can do for you!

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A minute ago I received a new email
stating Ineos built 2300 vehicles of which 1700 were built in 2023
Software Updates are complete and improved parts are arriving.
They are planning new delivery dates - which will be soon communicated..
Lets see..
Yes me too (UK). My email said the Agent would be in contact to advise when they would be able to hand it over, which I took to mean don’t expect a delivery update from IA.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A minute ago I received a new email
stating Ineos built 2300 vehicles of which 1700 were built in 2023
Software Updates are complete and improved parts are arriving.
They are planning new delivery dates - which will be soon communicated..
Lets see..
+1

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes me too (UK). My email said the Agent would be in contact to advise when they would be able to hand it over, which I took to mean don’t expect a delivery update from IA.
I don’t want to rain on your parade but I got the same mail and my (re) order is from 21st March this year… nobody can tell me anything about the status of my order. Not even the people from IA.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t want to rain on your parade but I got the same mail and my (re) order is from 21st March this year… nobody can tell me anything about the status of my order. Not even the people from IA.
@muxmax you are definitely not raining on my parade. My take on the email was that IA were telling us that they were not going to provide further updates on individual orders and passing the buck to the agents/dealers. This makes some sense though as IA are providing regular status updates to my Agent whilst IA customer service (polite and friendly though they are) have nothing they can share with me👍

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score

Audi – up to 12 months
Jaguar – up to 12 months
Nissan – up to 10 months
DS – up to 9 months

Jeep Australia - in stock for 12 months. Nobody wants them.

Back
Top Bottom