The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
I got the email too. Lyn tells me the've made some cars, I know that. She tells me there are some at agents . I know that.
She tells me they are waiting for parts ... we all know that. My agent will keep me posted - yes he does but , he cannot release my car which he has ...without - bits from IA , payment confirmation ... from IA. Registration from IA.
What a dreadful buck pass to say please keep in touch with your agent.
Oh and it's a communication that goes out on a Friday - just like government re-shuffles, redundancy announcements and sackings!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
I got the email too. Lyn tells me the've made some cars, I know that. She tells me there are some at agents . I know that.
She tells me they are waiting for parts ... we all know that. My agent will keep me posted - yes he does but , he cannot release my car which he has ...without - bits from IA , payment confirmation ... from IA. Registration from IA.
What a dreadful buck pass to say please keep in touch with your agent.
Oh and it's a communication that goes out on a Friday - just like government re-shuffles, redundancy announcements and sackings!
Lynn is CEO, she isn't a customer, she was appointed CEO because she had some good results with the Belstaff jackets.

She doesn't understand customers like you and me. We want that car! We like the concept!

Honest communication - she doesn't understand - and the communication manager she has is un-experimented or not-competent.

There is a HUGE problem there with INEOS: they didn't understand that most of their customers are highly educated and/or "in our capitalistic world" successful.

I respect other people: did today an interpreting job (Portuguese language) for a successful (legal) African construction worker who is analphabetic: after 15 minutes I got it and told the other people (interviewers): "he can't write and read, but has his tricks to hide it". Not a shame.

But INEOS is thinking we as customers "are automotive analphabets" and will not be aware of their misleading communication: BUT we are too many and some or most of us understand ...

We want HONEST COMMUNICATION, nothing less, nothing more, not political marketing communication!

Last edited:

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Lynn is CEO, she isn't a customer, she was appointed CEO because she had some good results with the Belstaff jackets.

She doesn't understand customers like you and me. We want that car! We like the concept!

Honest communication - she doesn't understand - and the communication manager she has is un-experimented or not-competent.

There is a HUGE problem there with INEOS: they didn't understand that most of their customers are highly educated and/or "in our capitaistic world" successful.

I respect other people: did today an interpreting job (Portuguese language) for a successful (legal) African construction worker who is analphabetic: after 15 minutes I got it and told the other people (interviewers): "he can't write and read, but has his tricks to hide it". Not a shame.

But INEOS is thinking we as customers "are automotive analphabets" and will not be aware of their misleading communication: BUT we are too many and some or most of us understand ...

We want HONEST COMMUNICATION, nothing less, nothing more, not political marketing communication!
Very well put Jean
I am sure you are correct that most of us are educated ( via life) and have achieved in many divesrse spheres. IA must respect that . Ignore wisdom at your peril IA

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
My wait is nearly over, handover is planned for 11:00AM tomorrow. The vehicle is on the DVLA website, (so its registered and taxed), and I've bought the insurance.

Going to sleep might be a problem!
Best of luck! My Grenadier was due today/tomorrow but still another delay - brake hoses need to be replaced and the dealer is waiting for them - just why Ineos didn’t send therm out long ago when they knew about the problem defies belief. I have a registration number, insurance but have to wait and my car has been at the dealership for nearly a month now…. Now looking at next week…..

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
Best of luck! My Grenadier was due today/tomorrow but still another delay - brake hoses need to be replaced and the dealer is waiting for them - just why Ineos didn’t send therm out long ago when they knew about the problem defies belief. I have a registration number, insurance but have to wait and my car has been at the dealership for nearly a month now…. Now looking at next week…..
They could use the Ford business model
Here is a review by the owner, who is also a reporter, of his Ford Ranger Raptor.
They've been building them for a while but a few basic errors and faults that are still being released to buyers.
Also 3 recalls on a 2023 model already

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMHu8lTR-Uo

Local time
Reaction score
My wait for a new Landrover Defender 110 400e plug in hybrid is quoted as 3 - 6 months plus an extra 2 months for an electric tow hitch. One of the shortest of the Defender waits but I saw all of the waits and I don’t think that any were over a year.
I cancelled my Grenadier order due to the various known concerns and delays but although Ineos seem to be correcting them before issue to customers they aren’t confirming which faults are being addressed. My particular concern is the diff locks. Unless the diff locks are absolutely reliable I can’t go on mud. The Grenadier was great to drive off road on a rocky track but on road and in mud is less clear.
Good luck to all who keep the faith. From a reluctant Grexiteer.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had the final invoice drop today (y), paid it, it bounced back then went out again???
now just another waiting game until collection, but we are getting closer (i hope).
vin 1927

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My wait for a new Landrover Defender 110 400e plug in hybrid is quoted as 3 - 6 months plus an extra 2 months for an electric tow hitch. One of the shortest of the Defender waits but I saw all of the waits and I don’t think that any were over a year.
I cancelled my Grenadier order due to the various known concerns and delays but although Ineos seem to be correcting them before issue to customers they aren’t confirming which faults are being addressed. My particular concern is the diff locks. Unless the diff locks are absolutely reliable I can’t go on mud. The Grenadier was great to drive off road on a rocky track but on road and in mud is less clear.
Good luck to all who keep the faith. From a reluctant Grexiteer.
My new employer ordered 2x Toyota RAV4 hybrids as company cars 12 months ago.
They were due next month.
Followed them up two days ago and were told that they aren't going to be built for a few months yet and then they will have to travel to Australia.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, are there any videos of owners not affiliated with Ineos in some way?? The hard way home winner doesn't count.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So, are there any videos of owners not affiliated with Ineos in some way?? The hard way home winner doesn't count.
Not every person , especially those over 40 , have mastered the art of phone record > upload to youtube/insta thing.
Most older people are paranoid and don't even "do Facebook" let alone Insta and that ADHD medium call TikTok.
You're too young to understand these things :LOL:

When I get mine I won't be using my drone to instantly upload my orgasmic reaction or boghole/cliff face adventures.
Sorry to disappoint , but we aren't all exhibitionists!

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not every person , especially those over 40 , have mastered the art of phone record > upload to youtube/insta thing.
Most older people are paranoid and don't even "do Facebook" let alone Insta and that ADHD medium call TikTok.
You're too young to understand these things :LOL:

When I get mine I won't be using my drone to instantly upload my orgasmic reaction or boghole/cliff face adventures.
Sorry to disappoint , but we aren't all exhibitionists!
@Tazzieman fully get you. Will you at least let us in this forum know when your wait is over? 😉

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@Tazzieman fully get you. Will you at least let us in this forum know when your wait is over? 😉
I'll send a pic next to a pint , somewhere scenic! Fully expecting it will be 1st half of July , when we get back from our epic walking trips!
Happy to do an overhead drone shot if that then qualifies me as an "influencer" and I get a few coffee money cents on Youtube hahaha! (haha)

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll send a pic next to a pint , somewhere scenic! Fully expecting it will be 1st half of July , when we get back from our epic walking trips!
Happy to do an overhead drone shot if that then qualifies me as an "influencer" and I get a few coffee money cents on Youtube hahaha! (haha)
As long as you don’t wear a Mankini in your influencer photos - then I am sure we will all look forward to seeing them.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As long as you don’t wear a Mankini in your influencer photos - then I am sure we will all look forward to seeing them.
I have a seriously capable helm , a sword or two and some hand made chain mail. I promise to be dressed from the waist up.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't worry, my mind isn't as old as @Tazzieman : as soon as I can I will upload video's to my Youtube account and post some pictures here, with or without a genuine Belgian beer in my hand!
I will not do it on FaceBook, because I am not so fond of it anymore although I have an account. I have even a twitter account with my genuine name, and I almost don't use it.
To please @Tazzieman and other Australians, I'll use my Australian hat when posting my first picture with my new toy.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't worry, my mind isn't as old as @Tazzieman : as soon as I can I will upload video's to my Youtube account and post some pictures here, with or without a genuine Belgian beer in my hand!
I will not do it on FaceBook, because I am not so fond of it anymore although I have an account. I have even a twitter account with my genuine name, and I almost don't use it.
To please @Tazzieman and other Australians, I'll use my Australian hat when posting my first picture with my new toy.
But will you be wearing your Trialmaster jacket.?

Back
Top Bottom