The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
Out of interest, what information is displayed in the 'Whats your car worth?' section of that page? Is it a derisory We Buy Any Car style offer, or are they offering an uplift on your already produced Grenadier to take it in as dealer stock?
It's as functional as most of the Ineos website ~ here's my valuation:Screenshot_20230412_162502.jpg

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
Exactly as Justin Hocevar (Head of IA Asia/Pacific) said 6 weeks ago - "during the early production period decisions were made that a few parts needed to be reworked or have minor adjustments made which meant we needed to go back to the relevant part suppliers and pressure them for the changes to be made and supplied quickly"

Clearly some of these parts were quickly redesigned and produced and others took longer - hence delays that were out of the control of IA

He told me the exact same thing at a Victorian drive day in Feb.

Reactions: PBD

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
He told me the exact same thing at a Victorian drive day in Feb.
Great. My son & you have confirmed my exact recollection of what Justin said.

Software updates aside - thus the reliance on suppliers delivering the requested modified parts is why IA have not been able to give more definitive delivery dates to customers.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Am I correct to surmise that the first wave of cars went through QA and some parts were found wanting so suppliers were requested to make changes. These cars were then shipped out to local agents and are now awaiting the improved parts to be delivered and fitted. But the second wave of cars now leaving Hambach already have these revised parts fitted so won't need to be held at local agents for as long?

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score
So, down here in South Australia, approximately 16,000kms away from the action we continue to wait.
Then I had a call from the customer services manager in Europe. She stayed back at work to call me in our time zone and apologised, but said she will personally keep me informed of my orders progress. She said I was in the next batch of contracts mid April and wanted to assure us the hold ups were being sorted. True to her word she has kept in touch with me.
But I just want the car......................😥
And I agree with most of my fellow martyrs, the launch of a new car from a non car company is huge, the timeframe is short, the expectations immense and the what happens next moments are slowly being resolved
I am hanging in there after the no holds barred bush bash test drive I did!

Attachments

• cfs2 022.JPG
    cfs2 022.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 59
  • cfs2 032.JPG
    cfs2 032.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 60

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a LinkedIn mesage back from Gary Pearson, Head of Sales & Marketing UK, MENA at INEOS Automotive.
Jeremy has Gary Pearson come back to you yet? I messaged him and still await a reply?

EDIT: Who exactly is Richard Gwynne? What power did he have over IA to get delivery of his IG?

Last edited:

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got an email from my Agent to say mine has left Hambach and is "In Transit". Next comms apparently will be when IA give them 48hrs notice of delivery to their yard. My agent did say that in their experience the customer portal doesn't get updated to show "In Transit" which if I'd known would have saved me logging on every couple of days in hope of a status change 🤣
Anyway it's progress.
If anyone's wondering about timescales mine went into production 14th Feb so has taken two months to move to in transit.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just got an email from my Agent to say mine has left Hambach and is "In Transit". Next comms apparently will be when IA give them 48hrs notice of delivery to their yard. My agent did say that in their experience the customer portal doesn't get updated to show "In Transit" which if I'd known would have saved me logging on every couple of days in hope of a status change 🤣
Anyway it's progress.
If anyone's wondering about timescales mine went into production 14th Feb so has taken two months to move to in transit.
I think the "in production" notification is a bit of a rough idea though, Like on the system its moved into the queue, but if theres hold ups it may not be accurate. What I'm trying to say is I doubt the "in production" notification pops up when the first bolt is laid down, but rather indicates when the order has been moved into the production phase. This is then affected by the progress of everything in front of it, and hold ups could stop your built in its tracks before a spanner has even been lifted

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On the plus side for UK, a chap has just posted on fb a video taken by his passenger when passing by Grimsby Docks which had (estimating here) 50 odd Grenadiers behind a fence.
Does anyone know if these have all been moved to agents now; or are they being held here if space is limited?

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the "in production" notification is a bit of a rough idea though, Like on the system its moved into the queue, but if theres hold ups it may not be accurate. What I'm trying to say is I doubt the "in production" notification pops up when the first bolt is laid down, but rather indicates when the order has been moved into the production phase. This is then affected by the progress of everything in front of it, and hold ups could stop your built in its tracks before a spanner has even been lifted
Yes. I also have a feeling (no evidence) that the in production notification marks a key stage in the internal sales order process such as the requisitioning of parts and sub-assemblies by the manufacturing resource planning system rather than the first parts actually being placed on the assembly line.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My agent had confirmed to me that that my vehicle had been built and was in batch and hold process a couple of weeks before the in production notification came up as I recall. Maybe the in production notice in our vehicles case was when the updates/ parts change was taking place ,🤔. Hopefully that would mean it’s finished and on its way now 🤞🏼

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes. I also have a feeling (no evidence) that the in production notification marks a key stage in the internal sales order process such as the requisitioning of parts and sub-assemblies by the manufacturing resource planning system rather than the first parts actually being placed on the assembly line.
exactly... explained more eloquently than I managed ! :ROFLMAO:

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Jeremy has Gary Pearson come back to you yet? I messaged him and still await a reply?

EDIT: Who exactly is Richard Gwynne? What power did he have over IA to get delivery of his IG?
Typically, Gary does not reply to me until the late afternoon. I got the impression that replying on social media was something he did after the day job.

Richard Gwynne contacted Lynn Calder when his money seemed to go awry:

"Have to say a big thank you to the CEO, Lynn Calder at Ineos Automotive who reached out and assisted with some confusion over my payment. Respect where it’s due. She personally got involved yesterday and contacted me personally with some assurances. #INEOS #Respect thank you!!"

(Lifted from FaceBook)

Back
Top Bottom