The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
Just had conformation that Ineos have my payment. A rather scary wait as the CHAPS payments was requested on the 7/4/2023 and caught up in the Easter public holidays.

Now to chase delivery.......

View attachment 7808270
So contractually speaking it's yours, insofar as:

"9.2 Title and ownership passes to the Customer upon the Purchase Price being received in full by INEOS in cleared funds and the Customer taking physical possession of the Vehicle."

You just have to go sit in it, lock the doors and refuse to get out until they tax it. 😜

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So contractually speaking it's yours, insofar as:

"9.2 Title and ownership passes to the Customer upon the Purchase Price being received in full by INEOS in cleared funds and the Customer taking physical possession of the Vehicle."

You just have to go sit in it, lock the doors and refuse to get out until they tax it. 😜
Offer, acceptance and consideration are the basis of any contract. Legal ownership was at the point I A accepted payment in full against the invoice.. hypothetically if I popped my clogs today, my unregistered Gren would be an asset in my estate, unregistered or not.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just had conformation that Ineos have my payment. A rather scary wait as the CHAPS payments was requested on the 7/4/2023 and caught up in the Easter public holidays.

Now to chase delivery.......

View attachment 7808270
Out of interest, what information is displayed in the 'Whats your car worth?' section of that page? Is it a derisory We Buy Any Car style offer, or are they offering an uplift on your already produced Grenadier to take it in as dealer stock?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Out of interest, what information is displayed in the 'Whats your car worth?' section of that page? Is it a derisory We Buy Any Car style offer, or are they offering an uplift on your already produced Grenadier to take it in as dealer stock?
Could be the figure you use for insurance purposes, since there has been an uplift.

Local time
8:27 PM
Reaction score
My patience has run out and I've decided to cancel.

It's with a heavy heart as I'm sure it will be a great product. I'm sure this sounds a little melodramatic but I can't blinding carry on waiting, with zero communication, and show continued loyalty to a brand who will not reciprocate that respect. I ordered on day 1 and have continually been told I'll be getting an early car. We are 11 months in and I've not even seen a contract. Part of me feels the analogy is being on call hold with my GP practice for an hour and know that I'd be next in queue as I put the phone down. However, the situation is untenable for me.

As I leave, I wish you all every success. It will certainly reward those of you with more patience than I can manage. I shall watch with interest as deliveries begin.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score

It's with a heavy heart as I'm sure it will be a great product. I'm sure this sounds a little melodramatic but I can't blinding carry on waiting, with zero communication, and show continued loyalty to a brand who will not reciprocate that respect. I ordered on day 1 and have continually been told I'll be getting an early car. We are 11 months in and I've not even seen a contract. Part of me feels the analogy is being on call hold with my GP practice for an hour and know that I'd be next in queue as I put the phone down. However, the situation is untenable for me.

As I leave, I wish you all every success. It will certainly reward those of you with more patience than I can manage. I shall watch with interest as deliveries begin.
Stay with it. Ian sure there will be a certain improvement in the next weeks! What have you ordered exactly?

Local time
Reaction score
Stay with it. Ian sure there will be a certain improvement in the next weeks! What have you ordered exactly?
I've ordered a Fieldmaster in Donny Grey. The irony is I stayed away from coloured frames or panels as I was told it may delay the build!

I'm saddened by how much it winds me up. Reading these comments is like an addiction. I feel terrible but keep coming back for more.

I hope this isn't the case, but if it turns out to be of inferior quality, I will kick myself endlessly for wasting my time and money. I'm one of those people who walk out of cinemas when I've chosen a bad film .......... I've wasted my money, why also waste my time.

Will I like it? - Yep!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Marcus,
I understand your frustration and the perception that they have no respect for the customer - it’s a bit like asking someone whose hairs on fire why they did not say good morning.
Can I suggest that you go with the flow, get the vehicle try it for a day and sell for £10k extra - that buys a lot of medication for Ineos induced stress!
If you end out cancelling and then have a go in one you will kick yourself.
Note I’m similar - I cut my loses if a book is crap.
Regards
Richard

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Marcus,
I understand your frustration and the perception that they have no respect for the customer - it’s a bit like asking someone whose hairs on fire why they did not say good morning.
Can I suggest that you go with the flow, get the vehicle try it for a day and sell for £10k extra - that buys a lot of medication for Ineos induced stress!
If you end out cancelling and then have a go in one you will kick yourself.
Note I’m similar - I cut my loses if a book is crap.
Regards
Richard
Good advice. It does appear that there is a premium on list price for immediate delivery.. as an early order holder, you’re going to be at least £5k cheaper than anything you can order today. Money for old rope and I’d hang on.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Just had a LinkedIn mesage back from Gary Pearson, Head of Sales & Marketing UK, MENA at INEOS Automotive.
  • Hi Jeremy, I’ve got someone checking on what final checks your vehicle needs prior to delivery. I’ll let you know asap tomorrow. It’s all complete with regards software etc but as with the majority of vehicles it will have some final bits to be done to it. This is more prevalent with new products as so many updates happen early in the production ramp-up and that’s what your vehicle and the others on site are waiting on. I saw the Facebook comments and can dispel the mentions around registration system, N1 etc. We do have the DVLA’s automated reg system which is called RAV and it’s been used for all handovers thus far. We did have a hold up on that so Chandlers and others were not wrong to tell customers that but it’s in good order now and we had the manual process prior to that which is actually quite fine anyway (Lotus use a version of the manual system, as an example). N1 classification is no issue whatsoever either; I saw that mentioned on Facebook as a possible issue.
  • Gary Pearson
    Gary Pearson 6:12 PM
    Beautiful Morgan! But no good for supporting a cycle race. I am still confident of getting you the vehicle for the 23rd as per your previous messages and the offer of a loan if not still stands
    Gren with Mog - 1.jpeg
    (I asked permission to post some of the messages to social media)
  • Gary Pearson sent the following message at 8:36 PM
    Gary Pearson
    Gary Pearson 8:36 PM
    You’re free to post everything I said, we’ve nothing to hide and are keen to try and talk to people directly as much where they want the conversation. Myself, Lynn Calder and George Ratcliffe are in contact with customers daily whilst we have this clunky phase in our launch. I’ve offered stuff like q&a’s etc to Steve Kettle previously as well.

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a LinkedIn mesage back from Gary Pearson, Head of Sales & Marketing UK, MENA at INEOS Automotive.
  • Hi Jeremy, I’ve got someone checking on what final checks your vehicle needs prior to delivery. I’ll let you know asap tomorrow. It’s all complete with regards software etc but as with the majority of vehicles it will have some final bits to be done to it. This is more prevalent with new products as so many updates happen early in the production ramp-up and that’s what your vehicle and the others on site are waiting on. I saw the Facebook comments and can dispel the mentions around registration system, N1 etc. We do have the DVLA’s automated reg system which is called RAV and it’s been used for all handovers thus far. We did have a hold up on that so Chandlers and others were not wrong to tell customers that but it’s in good order now and we had the manual process prior to that which is actually quite fine anyway (Lotus use a version of the manual system, as an example). N1 classification is no issue whatsoever either; I saw that mentioned on Facebook as a possible issue.
  • Gary Pearson
    Beautiful Morgan! But no good for supporting a cycle race. I am still confident of getting you the vehicle for the 23rd as per your previous messages and the offer of a loan if not still stands
    View attachment 7808299

Gary Pearson
    You’re free to post everything I said, we’ve nothing to hide and are keen to try and talk to people directly as much where they want the conversation. Myself, Lynn Calder and George Ratcliffe are in contact with customers daily whilst we have this clunky phase in our launch. I’ve offered stuff like q&a’s etc to Steve Kettle previously as well.
Brilliant post - facts not speculation.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
  • Gary Pearson
    View attachment 7808299

Gary Pearson

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
  • Gary Pearson
    View attachment 7808299

Gary Pearson
Delivery next week in the cards then…. Impressive And fingers crossed for you and the rest of us who are “ready to go”..

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
Exactly as Justin Hocevar (Head of IA Asia/Pacific) said 6 weeks ago - "during the early production period decisions were made that a few parts needed to be reworked or have minor adjustments made which meant we needed to go back to the relevant part suppliers and pressure them for the changes to be made and supplied quickly"

Clearly some of these parts were quickly redesigned and produced and others took longer - hence delays that were out of the control of IA

Back
Top Bottom