The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
I’m certainly not throwing any toys out of any pram that’s for sure, I just don’t appreciate zero communication from Ineos when my vehicle is ready to be paid and collected, no invoice etc…as I said before, if my other half wants to go forward with it then he can, I just don’t want anymore to do with trying to get definitive answers and having nothing come back. I’d rather spend the 70k for a month at Claridges …..at least I get great service

What definitive answers? when your cars ready to collect its ready to collect. INEOS are obviously not holding up deliveries out of spite :ROFLMAO: Maybe you'd be better suited with a more tailor made experience like Rolls Royce, theres plenty of them outside Claridges...(I assume... never been)

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hope you were nice to Adam, afraid I asked for my deposit back, signed my contract on November 10th and said enough is enough. Yours looked excellent, like the Donnny Grey with the winch.
I swear you've asked for your deposit back about 4 times now? I can't keep up :ROFLMAO:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Oh dear…living rurally and having been an off roader all my life the Roller are not my cup of tea, btw, the Claridges house car is a Merc.
Surely a RR Cullinan on a set of muddies would do the job!
Haha - always a smart arse somewhere and you are the ONE. Please keep up! First time of asking today and thought about since March, far too many delays for my sensible head.
Not wrong though am I? Maybe we need Stu to introduce a new profile banner... "I'm Cancelling!"

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same here - emailed dealer yesterday (very nice people at Sandicliffe Nottingham). They have had very little news. They do have some vehicles at the dealership waiting for the QC checks etc. My vehicle is still "pre-production" despite placing an original order on day one and paying all deposits at the very first day possible in the UK. Original build date was to be November last year. The website still has had no update since my order (I am unable even to download my order details - never have been able to do so). So I guess the hole on my drive remains empty as I sold my Defender when I was told my IG would arrive last month. Ho Hum..... the wait continues.
I have sold my SL on the strength of expecting the Grenadier arriving - fortunately I still have my trusty Defender 90 TD5!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
I think that's me.

I got a 3 digit chassis number in January. I see 4 digit chassis numbered vehicles are at dealers. I chatted with Ineos today and was told mine is not in the country and was told to expect an 8 week wait from now.

Now I'm not sure if the early cars are being "campaigned" to current QA spec to release to customers; or new cars are being built to same spec and the initially allocated ones will go off elsewhere - demo, fleet, manager cars?

If I'm honest I'd like the choice to decide based on actually understanding a few more facts.
My one has (high) three digits vin and was supposed to be built in January. So to me it seems that the early vehicles are built as well. Maybe they have been parked longer at the factory since then there has been more room on the parking. Other cars (4-digits) might have been transported directly to the dealer as there hasn’t been any space left in Hambach.
Now th

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hope you were nice to Adam, afraid I asked for my deposit back, signed my contract on November 10th and said enough is enough. Yours looked excellent, like the Donnny Grey with the winch.
Keep strong! My contract has been signed the sixth of November and the car arrived today at the dealership!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
For Australians waiting over the next few weeks & months - my agent confirmed all Grenadiers already sent/to shortly be sent are complete, save for accessories usually to be fitted by agents. That is, no software updates required nor any additional parts as has/is happening at European agents.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Am wondering if the S/W "updates" are/were the result of recent changes in EU environmental regs which affect the vehicle under certain operating conditions but are not applicable to Australian conditions? :unsure:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For Australians waiting over the next few weeks & months - my agent confirmed all Grenadiers already sent/to shortly be sent are complete, save for accessories usually to be fitted by agents. That is, no software updates required nor any additional parts as has/is happening at European agents.
This is what I'm told also which is good... It means paying in full and driving away should be very close time gap.

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So for me good news / bad news scenario! As mine is only recently off production line, it required very little in way of updates and they have been done, it only needs a valet plus side steps and tow ball fitting.
Bad news is tow ball may be wrong spec and no side steps sent with truck. Grenadier can't say where they are and they are refusing to release the truck until it is complete as per order!

All those extras should be dealer fitted, then you can drive your damn truck now and bring it back later for fitment when parts arrive. How bright do you have to be, seriously IA?

Reactions: PBD
Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
This morning I have ordered a Defender 90 as I am sick of waiting.

Not instead of the Grenadier, but just in case the bubble bursts or we are still waiting in another 12 months. Also as the Land Rover is a significantly more tax efficient option I think we would be foolish not to hedge bets.
Ironically you don't have your own patience:)

• Haha
Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Am wondering if the S/W "updates" are/were the result of recent changes in EU environmental regs which affect the vehicle under certain operating conditions but are not applicable to Australian conditions? :unsure:
What particular changes in regs are you referring to?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apart from emission regs I couldn't think of any other design rules which might allow vehicles headed south of the equator to escape software updates. I was hypothesising 👨‍🎓 that the emission regs might be the key..
I don't particularly follow the EU regs!😄

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All those extras should be dealer fitted, then you can drive your damn truck now and bring it back later for fitment when parts arrive. How bright do you have to be, seriously IA?
Yes they are dealer fit and I said I would take it as it is and return when parts ready. 👎 by INEOS.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apart from emission regs I couldn't think of any other design rules which might allow vehicles headed south of the equator to escape software updates. I was hypothesising 👨‍🎓 that the emission regs might be the key..
I don't particularly follow the EU regs!😄
What about auto alert accident module? Is that some they have in the EU now?

froggy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to my dealer today, only news is that my (was Feb) March Build is now officially an April build on the portal. He did say that all these vehicles currently cluttering up the dealerships are old builds from around January time and these are the ones that require various QC fixes. The ones coming off the line now will have all these fixes already done and so should be ready to go as soon as they arrive.

He also said that last he heard the factory was still not running at full capacity as they had hoped it would be, which explains the build month slippage.
That sounds promising mine has just been built and should be on its was soon, surely can’t take long from one part of France to another

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Just had conformation that Ineos have my payment. A rather scary wait as the CHAPS payments was requested on the 7/4/2023 and caught up in the Easter public holidays.

Now to chase delivery.......

View attachment 7808270
Great stuff. You give us hope!!!

Back
Top Bottom