The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Tony

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is slowly but surly getting tired of waiting?
I have to admit that from time to time I think whether I should just quit my order.
Do I need a psychologist?
Stick with it - like you I am frustrated with the wait! They have managed the process of keeping potential interest throughout the development phase exceptionally well. It is a pity that they cannot manage customer expectations and
6 communication better in this final stage - whatever it will be worth the wait!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
Stick with it - like you I am frustrated with the wait! They have managed the process of keeping potential interest throughout the development phase exceptionally well. It is a pity that they cannot manage customer expectations and
6 communication better in this final stage - whatever it will be worth the wait!
I will stick to it for sure as it arrived at the dealer today 😀

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos told me this morning that uk based buyers who have paid in full, will be getting an email this week explaining / outlining the delivery process. No date was mentioned for the latter.
I pushed for additional info, but the lady I spoke with was reluctant to give further information.

So, it the usual can kicking from them, and sucking it up from me/us.
I should qualify that I’m prepared to continue to “suck it up” because the product is unlike anything on the market and I want it.. This in spite of the shite fulfilment, delays and general ineos’isms.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I don't even care about losing the deposit, I'm more concerned with losing my marbles and I think for a little less stress cancelling is the easiest option...for me anyway. I cannot say one good thing about Ineos and really wish I'd not started this journey, if anyone wants a silver Trialmaster sitting at Harwoods in Portsmouth, you can have it.
We're all frustrated by the wait, but come on what's the benefit of cancelling now?

Your giving up 5% equity built into your order straight away, and then you have to buy something else that doesn't quite scratch the itch.. which will take a few months minimum.. unless you buy off a lot then it's not going to be a perfect spec.

The issues regarding delivery have been down to quality recalls on some parts of the vehicle. Once picked up on, they have to open an official 'process' that has to be signed off before any affected vehicles can be delivered to customers. These issues have clearly been caused by supplier ramp up, or assembly issues at Hambach. Now that some customers have received their vehicles, I should think these processes have been signed off and we will start to see the logjam clear.

My wife went to Lakeside shopping centre in Essex today and passed a transporter full of Grenadiers.

My mate also saw a transporter on the motorway nearby last week, also with a full load of Grenadiers.

It's been a bitch of a wait, but let's all stay focused on what we're waiting for, and not throw our toys out the pram.

Im sucking it up and dealing with it, and thats saying a lot considering I'm a millenial 🤣

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
@Tony I agree with you! It's definitely worth it! I've been waiting patiently for this great vehicle since 2016. A few weeks later is not important to me. I know what efforts and setbacks are associated with new industrial developments. Therefore, I can well understand the situation at IA. The motto is to persevere.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We're all frustrated by the wait, but come on what's the benefit of cancelling now?

Your giving up 5% equity built into your order straight away, and then you have to buy something else that doesn't quite scratch the itch.. which will take a few months minimum.. unless you buy off a lot then it's not going to be a perfect spec.

The issues regarding delivery have been down to quality recalls on some parts of the vehicle. Once picked up on, they have to open an official 'process' that has to be signed off before any affected vehicles can be delivered to customers. These issues have clearly been caused by supplier ramp up, or assembly issues at Hambach. Now that some customers have received their vehicles, I should think these processes have been signed off and we will start to see the logjam clear.

My wife went to Lakeside shopping centre in Essex today and passed a transporter full of Grenadiers.

My mate also saw a transporter on the motorway nearby last week, also with a full load of Grenadiers.

It's been a bitch of a wait, but let's all stay focused on what we're waiting for, and not throw our toys out the pram.

Im sucking it up and dealing with it, and thats saying a lot considering I'm a millenial 🤣
We need a “suck it up” thread…..

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to my dealer today, only news is that my (was Feb) March Build is now officially an April build on the portal. He did say that all these vehicles currently cluttering up the dealerships are old builds from around January time and these are the ones that require various QC fixes. The ones coming off the line now will have all these fixes already done and so should be ready to go as soon as they arrive.

He also said that last he heard the factory was still not running at full capacity as they had hoped it would be, which explains the build month slippage.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to my dealer today, only news is that my (was Feb) March Build is now officially an April build on the portal. He did say that all these vehicles currently cluttering up the dealerships are old builds from around January time and these are the ones that require various QC fixes. The ones coming off the line now will have all these fixes already done and so should be ready to go as soon as they arrive.

He also said that last he heard the factory was still not running at full capacity as they had hoped it would be, which explains the build month slippage.
yeah this echo's what I was told re. 2nd builds being ready to go

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We're going round in circles.
Sorry, but I don't think we are.

This issue has been covered in other towing threads.
The tow ball can not be fitted in the top 4 holes. The top 4 spacing is for M12 bolts and NATO type fitting for other markets. The bottom 2 are spaced for M16 bolts and tow ball.
Yes, I think I was one of the first to point this out!

The point is that the configurator states that it can, and maybe that is indeed what the vertical towing interface was supposed to allow for; but now we know it doesn't and maybe Ineos need that.

I suspect the wrong spec issue relates to the "s" value. IA literature gives an "s" value of 350kg. The tow ball "s" value is 350kg. But the "s" value on the DB ball and pinle is only 270kg. So I suspect they are going to replace with a different ball and pinle.
It seems people are being told they have out of spec tow bits who have ordered the plain towballs and not just the out of spec towball & jaws/pintle.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same here - emailed dealer yesterday (very nice people at Sandicliffe Nottingham). They have had very little news. They do have some vehicles at the dealership waiting for the QC checks etc. My vehicle is still "pre-production" despite placing an original order on day one and paying all deposits at the very first day possible in the UK. Original build date was to be November last year. The website still has had no update since my order (I am unable even to download my order details - never have been able to do so). So I guess the hole on my drive remains empty as I sold my Defender when I was told my IG would arrive last month. Ho Hum..... the wait continues.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I went to see my Grenadier, (2nd on the left, white roof, Britannia Blue), and was told that the delay for mine was technician bay time and registration. I've paid for it now so I will be chasing hard for the rest of the week.
Although clients are delighted to see the Morgan, I was not so impressed to see the bloody great rain clouds that rolled in this afternoon, (no roof on the Morgan without a hole or missing stud).IGvMog.jpgGren with Mog - 3.jpeg

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't think we are.

Yes, I think I was one of the first to point this out!

The point is that the configurator states that it can, and maybe that is indeed what the vertical towing interface was supposed to allow for; but now we know it doesn't and maybe Ineos need that.

It seems people are being told they have out of spec tow bits who have ordered the plain towballs and not just the out of spec towball & jaws/pintle.
Probably haven't put the plastic nut caps for the bolt heads in the pack. 🤣

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same here - emailed dealer yesterday (very nice people at Sandicliffe Nottingham). They have had very little news. They do have some vehicles at the dealership waiting for the QC checks etc. My vehicle is still "pre-production" despite placing an original order on day one and paying all deposits at the very first day possible in the UK. Original build date was to be November last year. The website still has had no update since my order (I am unable even to download my order details - never have been able to do so). So I guess the hole on my drive remains empty as I sold my Defender when I was told my IG would arrive last month. Ho Hum..... the wait continues.
well you couldn't have done anymore to get an 'early' delivery. I'm in the same boat - pre-production/never able to download specs, however ordered in Jan not like you in the Nov. Did you plumb for petrol or diesel?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Although that sounds positive for me, it's damn unfair for first wave vehicle owners.
I think that's me.

I got a 3 digit chassis number in January. I see 4 digit chassis numbered vehicles are at dealers. I chatted with Ineos today and was told mine is not in the country and was told to expect an 8 week wait from now.

Now I'm not sure if the early cars are being "campaigned" to current QA spec to release to customers; or new cars are being built to same spec and the initially allocated ones will go off elsewhere - demo, fleet, manager cars?

If I'm honest I'd like the choice to decide based on actually understanding a few more facts.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s nonsense, my vehicle has nothing to be added or done to it whatsoever, it was in batch and hold for goodness knows how long and now its here I still have no idea when its supposed to be on my drive.
Agree - transparency is needed by Ineos. I signed up in September 2021 for this journey and enough is enough now. My confidence would increase if vehicles such as yours was delivered.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I went to see my Grenadier, (2nd on the left, white roof, Britannia Blue), and was told that the delay for mine was technician bay time and registration. I've paid for it now so I will be chasing hard for the rest of the week.
Although clients are delighted to see the Morgan, I was not so impressed to see the bloody great rain clouds that rolled in this afternoon, (no roof on the Morgan without a hole or missing stud).
Hope you were nice to Adam, afraid I asked for my deposit back, signed my contract on November 10th and said enough is enough. Yours looked excellent, like the Donnny Grey with the winch.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s nonsense, my vehicle has nothing to be added or done to it whatsoever, it was in batch and hold for goodness knows how long and now its here I still have no idea when its supposed to be on my drive.
I think there will still be one or two things to do, the kind of things that were mentioned were check tightness of this bolt or check position of that hose clip….
So depending on your build time, different vehicles may have different issues. I suspect they are all minor but the organisation is lacking. So vehicles built before date A. require fixes 1-5, after date A. require fixes 3-5, and after date B. fix 5. All conjecture but quite possible.. and likely. Making sure the right vehicle gets the right fixes is probably the cause of the hold up..

Back
Top Bottom