The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Service Reset Procedure - Oil Change (currently only possible with dealer level scan tools)

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
Because they are not. The vehicle was marketed, and sold as used serviceable. The most common and basic service is oil changes. That’s just common sense. They keep not answering a question. The “do it at the dealer” isn’t an answer.
I can't agree. Do it at the dealer is the answer currently. I do agree it is not what we want.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I don't know if this should be a separate thread but does anyone know the current state of the "Right to Repair" statutes in the various states. These are getting pushed by interest groups representing independent repair facilities for access to factory manuals, programs and data. The argument is, you as the consumer have the right to get your vehicle repaired anywhere but you can't do that if the factory won't share the data with the independent repair shops. We just need one state to enact legislation to pry the service manual out of Ineos' hands. I think Maine may have passed something like this.
I was hoping that "Right to Repair" would extend to me as the consumer, but it does not; even at its most permissive it only requires the manufacturer to release data to independent shops.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
I can't agree. Do it at the dealer is the answer currently. I do agree it is not what we want.
Well we will have to agree to disagree, in canada there are two dealerships. You can not expect people to cover 2000-3000-4000+ KM simply for an oil change. If you are ok with that, good for you. I think that the majority of owners would disagree.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Well we will have to agree to disagree, in canada there are two dealerships. You can not expect people to cover 2000-3000-4000+ KM simply for an oil change. If you are ok with that, good for you. I think that the majority of owners would disagree.
I agree. If one wants to do their own servicing, consumer law allows it and warranties are preserved. And good on them! INEOS messaging has always supported the remote and DIY situation, unique among manufacturers’ messaging. So IMO, INEOS needs to follow through with a convenient service reminder reset ability. And shop manuals. Etc.

Zak Smith

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
The answer is simple. The dealer tools are required to reset the service interval.

It may not be the answer we want to hear, but how much more transparent do you want them to be?
It's not an acceptable answer, period. We should continue to make noise until it is fixed. There is at least one datapoint that they take feedback into account with s/w updates (the pending speed limit fix).

This truck is so brilliant mechanically. All they had to do was implement a copy of a circa 2005-2015 Toyota dashboard / user interface and zero people would have complained.

I also strongly urge others to resist and ignore the policing of valid complaints on this forum. That's the politest way I can say that.

samnt650

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
keep sending inquiry to IG HQ via web. remind them it was IG pledge the Grenadier is built with DYI Self Service in mind that we earlier adopter expect IG to fullfill this pledge...

samnt650

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I messaged Autel and asked when they would have the software. They said they were working on it but no date yet.
I have Autel and message them for update few time since owning IG. we need other Autel owners, reach out and ask them to include IG in their scanner...
On the small plug note, Autel can pull all the error codes (and reset them) Just couldn't tell us what they meant (custom code...)

Back
Top Bottom