The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof wiring for Baja s2

Overland Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
Looking for some help regarding installing roof lights. I've purchased a pair of Baja s2 to mount. I've attempted to install them today but struggled with the connection being a little loose. I think the connections on my rig are slightly bigger (barrel for wire) than the one I have with my deutch connection kit I got online? Also using
supplied opposite end doesn't seem to lock the wires in as well as the kit I've used in the past for interior connections in the footwell. Fairly new to all this. Am I wrong in thinking there are different size barrels ? If so does anyone know the size Ineos uses. Hopefully this made sense
Thanks in advance

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
Looking for some help regarding installing roof lights. I've purchased a pair of Baja s2 to mount. I've attempted to install them today but struggled with the connection being a little loose. I think the connections on my rig are slightly bigger (barrel for wire) than the one I have with my deutch connection kit I got online? Also using
supplied opposite end doesn't seem to lock the wires in as well as the kit I've used in the past for interior connections in the footwell. Fairly new to all this. Am I wrong in thinking there are different size barrels ? If so does anyone know the size Ineos uses. Hopefully this made sense
Thanks in advance
You need to post more information, as I am not sure I follow. Maybe post some pictures.

However, if you are trying to connect to the INEOS rooftop power outlets, they use Deutsch DTP plugs, so you must wire DTP plugs to the Baja light end. If you have Deutsch DT plugs they will not work.

Yes DTP verse DT plug, but they are different plugs. Rooftop power outlet circuits are rated at 25 amps and you should use DTP plugs, as DT plugs are only rated to 13 amps.

deuplugs-jpg.7808047

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 1

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
PLUG COMPATIBILITY
That would mean a genuine Deutsch DTP plug (INEOS side) and a third party brand plug on the other, which can explain why they are a bit loose. I have seen this with genuine Anderson plugs verse third party brands.

That style of crimper normally works well.

You could change the rooftop plug to your third party brand and see if that fixes the problem.

LOCK IN PINS/SOCKETS
The other cause maybe the pins and sockets are not locked correctly in the plugs. The Wurth video, below, talks about locking the pins/sockets into place. Here is a cross section of the DT style plug showing what is going on (image shows a crimped open style socket). If the pins/sockets are not locked in, the plugs do not work properly.
screenshot-2023-04-17-17-43-40-png.7808698

View: https://youtu.be/GQs7EPzDOak

MORE INFORMATION:
This thread here has lots of information on Deutsch plugs, including the different types, the various accessories for the plugs, crimping tools, videos, pictures, pin/socket removal from the Deutsch plug and links to suppliers in various countries. A summary is in the first post on the thread. Plus there are other useful posts in the thread, for example:
20230303-open-cap-deutsch-connectorlabel-jpg.7814124

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

Overland Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
PLUG COMPATIBILITY
That would mean a genuine Deutsch DTP plug (INEOS side) and a third party brand plug on the other, which can explain why they are a bit loose. I have seen this with genuine Anderson plugs verse third party brands.

That style of crimper normally works well.

You could change the rooftop plug to your third party brand and see if that fixes the problem.

LOCK IN PINS/SOCKETS
The other cause maybe the pins and sockets are not locked correctly in the plugs. The Wurth video, below, talks about locking the pins/sockets into place. Here is a cross section of the DT style plug showing what is going on (image shows a crimped open style socket). If the pins/sockets are not locked in, the plugs do not work properly.
screenshot-2023-04-17-17-43-40-png.7808698

View: https://youtu.be/GQs7EPzDOak
Thanks, really appreciate it! I'm a visual person and this helped

Vote:
Upvote 0

Overland Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Vote:
Upvote 0