The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Has anyone used Lemon Law or Buy Back?

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
This thread reminded me of another issue I had when the AC decided to crap the bed. I was on a long trip and didn’t feel like pulling over to try and “reset” the system. I turned off everything fan control to zero which turns off the AC obviously. I rolled the windows down to get that sweet sweet 100 degree Mojave desert air and tried to calm myself thinking Ineos will eventually figure it out lol.
After 10 minutes the fan kicked back on and started blowing at full speed, moving the fan dial would do nothing. I had to pull over and stop the car and let it sit for a few minutes. After that the fan didn’t kick in again when I started it. The AC was still not working but at least the fan wasn’t blowing with a mind of its own.

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
That's what my loaner was doing. On manual it was warm air in the front, hair dryer temps in the back. Put it in auto mode. Much warmer in the front. Foot burning air coming out the foot vents and rear.

Stopped for 10 minutes thinking it would reset. Nope. Got to destination, pulled the HVAC fuses, reset the car, put them back in and it worked again as it should.

There appears to be some kind of software bug. But I do know the air coming out of vents was WAYYYY too hot. No reason for a heater to blow that temp off air in a car. It literally burned my foot on the gas pedal in sandals.
Jack, it sounds like you started the Lemon Law buyback process using an Atty. Is that correct? If so, how far along in the process are you and how much time did your Atty expect the process to take?

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
Jack, it sounds like you started the Lemon Law buyback process using an Atty. Is that correct? If so, how far along in the process are you and how much time did your Atty expect the process to take?
There are multiple factors that can determine how long the process takes. If the manufacturer responds and agrees in the first letter, it can be as little as 45 days. If they don't respond or reply to anything it can mean going into the court system. Depending on your state and how the manufacturer responds, you can go all the way into litigation which means setting a court date, etc. My county where I filed is booking into 2026. So you can see how long the process can take.

My buddy just lemoned his Jeep Wrangler and it was a 90 day process. They agreed and took the car, gave him a check and it was a done deal.

Back
Top Bottom