The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rok_Dr’s Exceedingly Unofficial Owner’s Manual Supplement

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
The problem with this is that it all wakes up when you open the doors, it also reawakes when reconnecting the battery. I wasn't aware of this when I added my CTEK charger cable but it didn't seem to cause any issues. But, it could also be that I'd had door open that long trying to remove plastic covers that it had gone to sleep?
That’s a good point. I recall a post somewhere on this forum which said to leave the bonnet open which would do the same thing. I’ll note this in the next edition.

Cheers Steve

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Updated Version V2.0

Changes since v1.1a include:

• Edits and corrections
• Sect 9.5 and Appendix 6 Vehicle Specification Codes.
• Sect 11.1 RHD Petrol engine bay picture
• Sect 12.2 AdBlue Adaptor
• Sect 13.7 Interior Trim Removal
• Appendix 1 - Fuse Abbreviation Updates
• Appendix 3 – Add Petrol Service Schedule.

Download using the updated link in post #1. If you have any problems downloading please let me know.

Thank you all for your positive feed back and contributions it's really appreciated.

Further corrections, feedback and contributions are always welcomed.
Enjoy!

Cheers
Steve

Woodley

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
UPDATED 2 July 2024 New Link Below. Refer to post #62 in this thread for changes.

UPDATED 3 June 2024. New Link Below. Refer to post #48 in this thread for changes.
Since Christmas I’ve been slowly compiling an off-line document which I can print and put in my glove box that captures information missing from the owner’s manual and other useful bits and pieces.

I’ve now got it to a point where its ready to share with forum members. You can download the new PDF using the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-EN7YrxOAvyUkDlTuZBijCKjF88bpXSq/view?usp=sharing

The forum has been a great source of information so thank you all for your efforts. Posts I’ve drawn information from are referenced (if you need further info) and members acknowledged in the document.

I’ll update the link in this post and post an alert in the thread when I update the document. Any feedback, corrections or even additions are welcome. Happy for you to share provided you make acknowledgement to this thread.

If you print it out either use an A5 page and shrink to fit or an A4 booklet in adobe reader print settings..

May you find it useful.

Cheers

Steve
Hey Steve, what a fantastic resource and well done to yourself and others who have contributed. I have found the "manual" extremely useful 👍

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Time for another update. PS link updated so you can download/view with out asking permission.

Changes in version 3 include:
  • The usual edits and corrections.
  • Sect 11.1 Replaced RHD petrol engine bay picture with LHD petrol engine bay. Component positions are similar between petrol and diesel engines and only change with driving position.
  • New Section 14.3.1 Volume settings explanations.
  • Major rewrite and update of Sect 14.4 Trip Meters.
  • Sect 13.7 Interior trim removal updates and additional links.
  • Appendix 3 Replaced EU Petrol Service schedule with ROW schedule.
  • Appendix 5 Volume settings updated.
  • Updated and reorganised reference links and resources.
Download using the updated link in post #1. If you have any problems downloading please let me know.

Thank you all for your positive feed back and contributions it's really appreciated.

Enjoy!

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Time for another update. PS link updated so you can download/view with out asking permission.

• Sect 11.1 Replaced RHD petrol engine bay picture with LHD petrol engine bay. Component positions are similar between petrol and diesel engines and only change with driving position.
  • New Section 14-3.1 Volume settings explanations.

Enjoy!

Cheers
Steve
This is an amazing useful amount of information, compiled in one document! Thanks a lot! :love:

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score

• New Section 14.3.1 Volume settings explanations.

Enjoy!

Cheers
Steve
Just fantastic Steve.
An unbelievable amount of work and very generous to share.
Always got a printed copy in the glove box, (if it would fit).
THANK YOU

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks again Steve for your efforts. A printed copy with travel to the Cape with me this week. It will save me trying to explain how everything works to my travelling companions, who arrive the day before we go.
But being blokes, they probably won't read the instructions!
Just reading it now, there is a very handy youtube video link you could include in your next iteration, on how to remove the trim on the (RHD) passenger side. I used it for relocating pass through for UHF and another USB outlet from the power in passenger footwell. Very handy.
View: https://youtu.be/H7XzKCFyIo0?si=68M1hGt_IfPgLgLu

Thanks again
Pedro

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks again Steve for your efforts. A printed copy with travel to the Cape with me this week. It will save me trying to explain how everything works to my travelling companions, who arrive the day before we go.
But being blokes, they probably won't read the instructions!
Just reading it now, there is a very handy youtube video link you could include in your next iteration, on how to remove the trim on the (RHD) passenger side. I used it for relocating pass through for UHF and another USB outlet from the power in passenger footwell. Very handy.
View: https://youtu.be/H7XzKCFyIo0?si=68M1hGt_IfPgLgLu

Thanks again
Pedro
Thanks @pedrogb, I’m pleased that you have found my efforts useful.

I’ve just watched the YouTube vid and will add a link to it in the next edition.

Safe travels and I look forward to seeing a post of your travels. I’m an old Qld boy and Cape York is on the bucket list.

Cheers
Steve

Kujo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 PM
Reaction score
I want to thank Steve aka Rok-Dr for taking the time and effort to supplement our owner’s manual. I read through it today and was impressed. And thanks to Stu and whom ever else contributed. Kujo

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier kindly pointed out in the following thread, an error in my manual relating to the position of the EXT1 & 5 under hood outlets on LHD vehicles.

https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/ext-1-vs-ext-6.12415717/#post-1333290356

As Its going to be a few weeks at least before I release another update, I've attached the revised pictures and legend below.

Engine Bay Components:
  1. High temperature (HT) coolant reservoir.
  2. Oil filler cap.
  3. Oil dip stick location (Diesel only).
  4. Low temperature (LT) coolant reservoir.
  5. Under hood electrical centre fuse box. (On LHD vehicles it is located under the HT Coolant Reservoir).
  6. Windscreen washer reservoir.
  7. Power steering reservoir.
  8. Front Winch auto reset circuit breaker. (On LHD vehicles Pre-Fuse Box Under Hood (section 7.2) is beneath)
  9. Jump start positive post.
  10. EXT1 and EXT5 wiring preparation outlets, approximate position.
  11. Air filter.
  12. Brake fluid reservoir. (On RHD vehicles Pre-Fuse Box Under Hood (section 7.2) is beneath).
  13. Engine lifting eye. (Diesel approximate position under engine cover).
Except for the lifting eye, EXT power outlets and oil filler, positions are the same for LHD and RHD vehicles regardless of engine type.
1722822426550.png
1722822460094.png

I don't have access to a LHD vehicle, so I’m reliant of the forum and social media for information and appreciate the feedback and corrections.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A printing tip to make an A5 booklet that will fit neatly in your glove box.

The manual is A4 in size but if you select Booklet in Adobe Reader it will print an A5 booklet using A4 paper. My printer does double sided printing but if your doesn't select Front side only and when finished feed the paper in again and select Back side only. If this is the case there will be a bit of trial and error to ensure both sides are printed in the the correct orientation. When printed fold in half and secure along the spine using staples or paper clips.

Alternatively just save the PDF to your phone or tablet :)

1723179955556.pngIMG_2203 (Small).JPG

Cheers
Steve

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The manual is A4 in size but if you select Booklet in Adobe Reader it will print an A5 booklet using A4 paper. My printer does double sided printing but if your doesn't select Front side only and when finished feed the paper in again and select Back side only. If this is the case there will be a bit of trial and error to ensure both sides are printed in the the correct orientation. When printed fold in half and secure along the spine using staples or paper clips.

View attachment 7866268View attachment 7866269

Cheers
Steve
In keeping with the production heritage of the vehicle, I propose this unofficial supplement be retitled as the Ineos Grenadier Aide Memoire. 🇫🇷

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7866268View attachment 7866269

Cheers
Steve
Being a senior , I'll have to double the font size!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Being a senior , I'll have to double the font size!

Looking Temple Of Doom GIF by MyMorningDog

Back
Top Bottom