The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rok_Dr’s Exceedingly Unofficial Owner’s Manual Supplement

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
I would propose, if you agree @Rok_Dr , that your Exceedingly NOT Simplistic Manual supplement should be placed in the Resources of this forum! @Stu_Barnes , what do you think?
Thanks Jean

Not at this stage as it's a work in progress and managing updates is easier for me (and stu) by keeping it in this thread with a one drive link.
Once the document gets to a point where its stable and only needs a rare update then certainly worth considering.

Cheers
Steve

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:44 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Jean

Not at this stage as it's a work in progress and managing updates is easier for me (and stu) by keeping it in this thread with a one drive link.
Once the document gets to a point where its stable and only needs a rare update then certainly worth considering.

Cheers
Steve
Very reasonable and understanding. Thank you again for all you are doing!

carpetman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with this link? When I click it it goes into microsoft login loop, that ends with too many login attempts, try again later.
Cheers

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was hoping for that to happen!
in the fulness of time.
Is anyone else having issues with this link? When I click it it goes into microsoft login loop, that ends with too many login attempts, try again later.
Cheers
Apologies @carpetman I'm not sure what happened there but the file was deleted from my one drive directory. I've re published it and locked it down so you can copy but not edit.

Tests all Ok for me now so if you have any problems let me know.

Cheers

Steve

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
Since Christmas I’ve been slowly compiling an off-line document which I can print and put in my glove box that captures information missing from the owner’s manual and other useful bits and pieces.

I’ve now got it to a point where its ready to share with forum members. You can download the PDF using the following link:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Av0mIsjCTYKCrYQXQiQwa2ekGa4yJw?e=XJm0HS

The forum has been a great source of information so thank you all for your efforts. Posts I’ve drawn information from are referenced (if you need further info) and members acknowledged in the document.

I’ll update the link in this post and post an alert in the thread when I update the document. Any feedback, corrections or even additions are welcome. Happy for you to share provided you make acknowledgement to this thread.

If you print it out either use an A5 page and shrink to fit or an A4 booklet in adobe reader print settings..

May you find it useful.

Cheers

Steve
For this, many, many thanks.
I started something of this order some while back, but antiquity (I am, it appears, still the oldest Grenadier owner!) and an increasing in debility in my attention span seem to have consigned it to dust......
As a result of my attempts, I do know just how much time and effort go into such documents - you therefore have my utter respect for your work.
Please don't give up - I, and many of the members of this forum will benefit, I'm sure.
Thank you once again,
John

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score
FANTASTIC thanks Steve for compiling this in such a professional and easy to read manner - and to all the contributors. I have not used pathfinder but was amazed by what it displays and it's complexity - bit of software invested there.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Updated Version V1.1

With the rain and long weekend here I've had a chance to update THE manual. Changes since the initial release include:
  • Edits and corrections
  • Add section - Overhead switch panel
  • Table 7 New part numbers
  • Add Figure 12 - Battery Disconnection Warning Sticker
  • Add section - Coolant purge procedure
  • Appendix 3 – Diesel Grenadier Service Schedule
  • Appendix 4 - Ineos Grenadier Off-Road Functions Quick Start Guide
  • Appendix 5 – Setting Menu Structure
  • Additional reference links and resources
Download using the updated link in post #1. If you have any problems downloading please let me know.

Thank you all for your positive feed back and contributions it's really appreciated.

Further corrections, feedback and contributions are always welcomed.
Enjoy!

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Many thanks Rok_Dr
That's a great resource to have printed in the truck for my impending Cape trip!
Pedro

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATED 3 June 2024. New Link Below. Refer to post #48 in this thread for changes.
Since Christmas I’ve been slowly compiling an off-line document which I can print and put in my glove box that captures information missing from the owner’s manual and other useful bits and pieces.

I’ve now got it to a point where its ready to share with forum members. You can download the new PDF using the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-EDl9zbw9ENhBw7XO0Swu09YZOZIGeIX/view?usp=sharing

The forum has been a great source of information so thank you all for your efforts. Posts I’ve drawn information from are referenced (if you need further info) and members acknowledged in the document.

I’ll update the link in this post and post an alert in the thread when I update the document. Any feedback, corrections or even additions are welcome. Happy for you to share provided you make acknowledgement to this thread.

If you print it out either use an A5 page and shrink to fit or an A4 booklet in adobe reader print settings..

May you find it useful.

Cheers

Steve
Any chance you could make it 3D and put it online /s

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
Awesome! 👏 🏆

Community Power At It's Best!

Thank you so much. (y)

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Rok_Dr
Great work! Thanks. May I add some minor comments for the next update:

Page 10, 7.2. Pre-Fuse Box - It contains 125A Mega fuse, not "Mega Midi".
Appendix 1, fuse listing - "Interior Electrical Center"- Fuses should be numbered FI instead FL according to INEOS terminology.
Appendix 1, fuse listing - FI30 should be "Customer provision RHD footwell" not LHD

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There still seems to be confusion with the difference between Mega and Midi fuses. Pls see attached chart for general guidance,

Attachments

• Littelfuse Fuse_Selection_Chart.pdf
    444.5 KB · Views: 70

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Rok_Dr
Great work! Thanks. May I add some minor comments for the next update:

Page 10, 7.2. Pre-Fuse Box - It contains 125A Mega fuse, not "Mega Midi".
Appendix 1, fuse listing - "Interior Electrical Center"- Fuses should be numbered FI instead FL according to INEOS terminology.
Appendix 1, fuse listing - FI30 should be "Customer provision RHD footwell" not LHD
Good pickups @MACS. Thank you, much appreciated. That Littelfuse pdf is also very useful.

Cheers
Steve

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
I went through the manual (except the path finder part), great work!
I liked also the "tire pressure table, I will print it and put it in my car for my next trip next month.

I have also a suggestion:
§12.2 the “3 minutes” sticker for disconnecting the batteries is only available in a private Group “Ineos Grenadier Owners Australia”.
Perhaps you can put a picture in your manual, but I had (a bad) one on my computer, copied from somewhere:
View attachment 7857926
The problem with this is that it all wakes up when you open the doors, it also reawakes when reconnecting the battery. I wasn't aware of this when I added my CTEK charger cable but it didn't seem to cause any issues. But, it could also be that I'd had door open that long trying to remove plastic covers that it had gone to sleep?

Chassis 1307

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATED 3 June 2024. New Link Below. Refer to post #48 in this thread for changes.

I’ve now got it to a point where its ready to share with forum members. You can download the new PDF using the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-EDl9zbw9ENhBw7XO0Swu09YZOZIGeIX/view?usp=sharing

May you find it useful.

Cheers

Steve
Thank you very much Steve. I have printed it out and after reading, its straight to the glovebox. You have managed to do what Ineos couldn't!

Back
Top Bottom