The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Reviews Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
You know, Yale guys have a large 'Y' on their shirts, and Harvard guys have an 'H'.

My suggestion for you (and me): Paint a large 'D' on your bonnet. And I can paint an 'E' on the bonnet of my car. That way, we and others around the world will recognize each other when our paths cross. :cool:
I was going to put Dave's Beast on it but my wife was not impressed

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, it can make travelling through some countries a bit more irksome. I want the car to be noticed not the flag. Leave a foreign flag waiver to Jeremy Clarkson
As others have said it depends on the flag, the countries, and the type of travel.
But a sticker is better as I wouldn’t want a flag on the vehicle driving around my home country.

DR was marked up with flags for the circumnavigation and that helped out on several occasions (border crossings, military checkpoints).
Anything you can do to switch a twitchy guard from cautious to curious helps.

Although it helps that the DR is clearly civilian. A white Grenadier with radome antennas might be another issue.

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We are on a very large, very remote island.
Pretty good chance if you see another Grenadier it will be from here.
Yes Dave but in Australia we have our own type of fervent nationalism - it's called statism.

For those non-Australian's; Australia has 6 separate states with sovereign rights, (and flags) just like the US and Germany (?).

A lot of Australians are very proud & parochial (too much for many) about their state so I guess some Aussie bound Grenadiers may have state flags stuck to windows.
Screenshot_20230124_094132.png

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes Dave but in Australia we have our own type of fervent nationalism - it's called statism.

For those non-Australian's; Australia has 6 separate states with sovereign rights, (and flags) just like the US and Germany (?).

A lot of Australians are very proud & parochial (too much for many) about their state so I guess some Aussie bound Grenadiers may have state flags stuck to windows.
View attachment 7801350
Some Territorian is reading this now and losing their sh*t.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some Territorian is reading this now and losing their sh*t.
oh yeah. Australia does have 2 other places that aren't States (not sure exactly why) but are Territories (they have their own flags too): Northern Territory and Australian Capital Territory (like Washington DC)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7801350
Sadly the type of nationalism that has become associated with rabid flag waving has become quite toxic in my view and rightly or wrongly I make judgments about people who are overly keen on displaying flags. There will be no flags on mine.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7801350
I know the feeling
I have lived all over Australia but on the two occasions I have lived in Perth it was most evident and I got to feeling a lot more like a Western Australian than anywhere else.
If I had a choice I would move back there tomorrow.
i love it.
1674517971976.png1674517998939.png

BD1

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:12 PM
Reaction score
Sadly the type of nationalism that has become associated with rabid flag waving has become quite toxic in my view and rightly or wrongly I make judgments about people who are overly keen on displaying flags. There will be no flags on mine.

Is there an option for no flag? I thought it came with a UK/French flag or you choose your own country?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
I know the feeling
I have lived all over Australia but on the two occasions I have lived in Perth it was most evident and I got to feeling a lot more like a Western Australian than anywhere else.
If I had a choice I would move back there tomorrow.
i love it.
View attachment 7801356View attachment 7801357
The old catchphrase The State of Excitement! it is a great place to live ( I too have lived in other states ) its isolated, just the way we like it! ;)
(y)

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom