The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Reviews Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
Good to finally see what the tricolore in the rear side window and rear window is all about. That seems to have appeared on the configurator and is standard fit. There will be more flags on the Grenadier than a warship.

It doesn't worry me unduly but I can see it being another bandwagon for the the Brexit Bashing, "why wasn't it built in Wales, it's a rip off, it's a fake, Sir Jim's a W..." dullards to jump on.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
I agree, it can make travelling through some countries a bit more irksome. I want the car to be noticed not the flag. Leave a foreign flag waiver to Jeremy Clarkson
To be honest, in a Defender-esque vehicle in any country one would assume you to be from the U.K ;)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
To be honest, in a Defender-esque vehicle in any country one would assume you to be from the U.K ;)
Here in some parts of Scotland flying a Union Jack can be life threating, fortunately I live in the SW of Scotland where the nationalism movement is so strong.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:59 PM
Reaction score
Here in some parts of Scotland flying a Union Jack can be life threating, fortunately I live in the SW of Scotland where the nationalism movement is so strong.
Any less dangerous than flying one in Ireland?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:59 PM
Reaction score
I agree, it can make travelling through some countries a bit more irksome. I want the car to be noticed not the flag. Leave a foreign flag waiver to Jeremy Clarkson

I think that depends on the flag. Not trying to start a political debate or anything, but as a dual citizen of Ireland and Canada, for international travel I'm very likely to put a few Canadian Flags on my rig -- in most parts of the world, the Maple Leaf is a conversation starter, and being from Canada seems to communicate peace and safety. It also differentiates us from our neighbors to the south which, depending on where you travel, a military-aged male in an expensive 4x4 with an "American" accent (hard to tell the difference for many between Canada and the US speakers) does tend to draw some "irks" as you say (And no offense at all intended to our American friends here on this forum and elsewhere; this reactivity is not reflective of the character of the overwhelming majority of Americans, especially those I'm lucky to know and call friend). I do recall they had flags as an option in some configurators depending on location, and while I'm sad not to see that being a broader option, I'll likely add my own stick-on ones in the proper places when the time comes.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:59 PM
Reaction score
We are on a very large, very remote island.
Pretty good chance if you see another Grenadier it will be from here.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
We are on a very large, very remote island.
Pretty good chance if you see another Grenadier it will be from here.
You know, Yale guys have a large 'Y' on their shirts, and Harvard guys have an 'H'.

My suggestion for you (and me): Paint a large 'D' on your bonnet. And I can paint an 'E' on the bonnet of my car. That way, we and others around the world will recognize each other when our paths cross. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom