The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Recaro Seats in the US *(the cowhide horse meat edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
If you haven't explored the coir scene , you haven't lived ;)

1678693051433.jpeg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
ChatGPT, conclusion: We don't need a forum.

A ChatGPT subscription is enough.

The same applies to judges, schools and universities.

Brave new world. (y)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
ChatGPT, conclusion: We don't need a forum.

A ChatGPT subscription is enough.

The same applies to judges, schools and universities.

Brave new world. (y)
"As an AI language model, I do not have any personal information about the preferences or behaviors of specific individuals, including "emax".

In general, people's attitudes towards romantic relationships with robots can vary widely based on individual values, cultural background, and personal experiences. Some individuals may be open to the idea of romantic relationships with robots, while others may view it as unacceptable or inappropriate.

It's important to note that the topic of romantic relationships with robots is still relatively new and controversial, and there is ongoing debate about the ethical, social, and psychological implications of such relationships. Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to pursue a romantic relationship with a robot is a personal one that depends on individual beliefs and values."

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
What was your question?

CB

Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
I was at a dinner with a group of vegans recently and one commented that the gummint (government) should ban the consumption of animal flesh.
I said to her "you do realise what would happen to all the cows, chooks and sheeps if that happened?"
She said "they would be released back into the wild"
I said "excellent, 1 billion cows, 1.5 billion sheep and 30 billion chickens released into our forests and national parks."
No response
Pretty funny

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ySPffEbgWc

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
, the decision of whether or not to pursue a romantic relationship with a robot is a personal one that depends on individual beliefs and values."
HEADLINE..."Nut screws washer and bolts"...

Two robots, he was all screwed up and she was in a Whirlpool..they had a magnetic attraction and he got her in the end and he ran for the hills...but the horse won.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
why can't emax love robots

Wrong question. I love robots. I even build my own ones.

What I don't love is AI, or, to be more presice, the claim that there is something like artificial "intelligence".

And above all, I don't like the fact, that the so called AI is based on the mind set of software architects, developers and stake holders. Their hubris is simply dangerous.

And the so called "deep learning" approach doesn't protect from this.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
What I don't love is AI, or, to be more presice, the claim that there is something like artificial "intelligence".
Would you go so far as to class it oxymoronic , in the same vein as "military intelligence"?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Would you go so far as to class it oxymoronic , in the same vein as "military intelligence"?
I am not competent for a classification. The problem lies in the question "what is intelligence?".

ChatGPT answers:
Intelligence generally refers to the ability to learn and solve problems. It encompasses a range of mental abilities, including logical reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, and the ability to think abstractly. Intelligence can come in different forms, such as linguistic intelligence, mathematical intelligence, spatial intelligence, interpersonal intelligence, and intrapersonal intelligence, among others. It is a complex and multifaceted concept that has been studied by psychologists, cognitive scientists, and artificial intelligence researchers for many years.

What he doesn't tell (or is it a 'she'?) is, that scientists still vastly disagree on what it is.

Many people think, that computers know how to "do it right". But any computer is finally developed by humans - and thus biased by human assessments which have been made during the implementation of the computer, in particular of the software.

There was a case (I couldn't find it on the fly) where colored people were discriminated in an AI assessment for a particular selection process. An investigation revealed that the algorithms were written by white people only.

That tells a lot.

And you can scale this to the question whether the developers were gay or not, politicaly left or right, male or female, grew up in Africa or in the US, vegans or whatever. If their algorithms - and even more significantly the knowledge databases they create - participate in a decisive process, the results inevitably reflect the confessions of their authors. Maybe only in nuances - but simply not neutral.

But your statement implying that "military intelligence" is an oxymoron is nice. :)

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
Interesting as this thread has become it has also become apparent that the original post was probably not in fact lifted from Recaros official Twitter feed.

6,043 Followers

As interesting as the seating option for North America being not available due to an * I think this is a case of unwitting clickbait or Trolling. OP if this was taken from Facebook, you may be best advised to notify that particular groups moderator.

And as such the topic Is now closed.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
I have been dutifully informed that the initial post was sourced from Linked in and not as I assumed twitter. Many thanks for the clarification OP.

At some point the * statement in Recaros post was removed after someone asked what an * statement about North America meant, this has a time stamp of 4 days ago as of the time stamp of this reply.

A couple of things, are now apparent.

1. We will now have seats in North America.

2. Interesting as this thread has become the original post was definitely not in fact lifted from Recaros official Twitter feed but from Recaros Linked in feed.

3. * In this case is referring to a statement that is no longer factual as issued by the original poster on Linked in. OP if you reposted from any other social media group, you may be best advised to notify that particular groups moderator as the original source material is in fact not now factual.

4. if you are re-posting from elsewhere, please do the common courtesy of crediting the source if you are able. (we've inadvertantly started a discussion on this in the handbook thread already) the forum T&C's are updated to reflect this. Thanks OP for flagging this overlooked point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom