The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Recaro Seats in the US *(the cowhide horse meat edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
A very versatile animal - milk, steaks, and baseball gloves (and car seats!)
I was at a dinner with a group of vegans recently and one commented that the gummint (government) should ban the consumption of animal flesh.
I said to her "you do realise what would happen to all the cows, chooks and sheeps if that happened?"
She said "they would be released back into the wild"
I said "excellent, 1 billion cows, 1.5 billion sheep and 30 billion chickens released into our forests and national parks."
No response

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
I was at a dinner with a group of vegans recently and one commented that the gummint (government) should ban the consumption of animal flesh.
I said to her "you do realise what would happen to all the cows, chooks and sheeps if that happened?"
She said "they would be released back into the wild"
I said "excellent, 1 billion cows, 1.5 billion sheep and 30 billion chickens released into our forests and national parks."
No response
Exactly. These animals are also a type of breed that cannot survive in nature.. for a time feeding predators thats it.
Only pig may survive and become a pest like the razorback in US.
Btw I told a vegan can you discuss this also with certain religious faith where slaughtering an animal is part of ritual?
No response either.
Also I asked on how you could teach a lion or cat not to eat meat. @DaveB this is a fruitless discussion.

Common sense was buried long ago.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
Those cows are lucky they don't have to contemplate the fact that they wouldn't have existed in the first place if they weren't so great to sit on and yummy on the inside.
Why not use horses?
Or are they too cute , or is there something I'm missing?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Some cultures eat horse. I understand they're quite tasty. They are useful otherwise, so we don't generally do that in western culture.
Kazhakstan - they are both useful and delicious. Japan - delicacy.
In the West it's mostly about horse racing (which I detest) and pony clubs with people poncing around like medieval princes.
Notwithstanding usefulness in cattle ranching , ironic - somewhat!
But modern ranching is mostly with trail and quad bikes. Easier to feed and water.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Kazhakstan - they are both useful and delicious. Japan - delicacy.
In the West it's mostly about horse racing (which I detest) and pony clubs with people poncing around like medieval princes.
Notwithstanding usefulness in cattle ranching , ironic - somewhat!
But modern ranching is mostly with trail and quad bikes. Easier to feed and water.
Way more popular than you’d think…

1678661451130.jpeg

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A ChatGPT integration would handle vehicle-related topics (footrest, wipers, US pricing, tyre size, flag orientation) more efficiently than we manage.
The ChatGPT phenomenon is just the first step of an exponential intrusion of AI .... forget about "other intrusions like a certain footwell":unsure: Frustrated academics at a local university are waging war on plagiarism by students using AI for assignments. One faculty has resorted to "pen and paper" exams!!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
I’m a chat gpt.

Last time I ate horse meat was on a pizza in Barcelona. Possibly the first time as well. But I’ve eaten some very dodgy stuff over the years so who knows.
And my Babbage machine renders this thread *

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
... be my immediate departure from the forum.
From ChatGPT
Q
Is the Ineos Grenadier footrest intrusive?

A
As an AI language model, I don't have personal experience with the Ineos Grenadier or its footrest. However, from my research, it appears that the Ineos Grenadier is designed to be a rugged, off-road vehicle with a utilitarian interior. As such, the footrest may be positioned in a way that maximizes space and functionality rather than comfort.
It's possible that some people may find the footrest to be intrusive or uncomfortable, particularly if they have long legs or prefer to stretch out their legs while driving. However, others may find the footrest to be a useful feature that helps them maintain a comfortable and stable driving position.
Ultimately, the best way to determine whether the Ineos Grenadier footrest is intrusive for you personally is to test drive the vehicle and see how it feels. You may also want to consult with other Ineos Grenadier owners or automotive experts for their insights and opinions.

Perfectly reasonable position, thank you HAL9000… now, perhaps more apropos to the thread:
Q
Is a car seat better upholstered with horse hide or cow hide?

A
Both horse hide and cowhide can be used to upholster car seats, but they have different characteristics that may affect your decision.
Horse hide is generally considered to be more durable and resistant to wear than cowhide. It is also more water-resistant and has a tighter grain, which can make it easier to maintain and clean. However, horse hide can be more expensive than cowhide.
Cowhide, on the other hand, is more widely used in automotive upholstery and is often less expensive than horse hide. It has a softer feel and can be more comfortable to sit on, but it may be less durable over time and more prone to showing wear and tear.

C’mon @emax - SkyNet would make an excellent member of the community.
I do note however that Robby the Robot has made no mention of the international horse meat trade, so human intervention remains essential.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
People who drive classic cars may know the seats are stuffed with horse hair. Not cow hair.
Though I've surprised more than one person by asking how many horses were used to stuff the seats of 10,000s of various cars e.g. Porsches.
Then I tell them it's lowly coconut fibre (coir). And as flammable as the cardboard and plywood in other cheap parts of the car :LOL:
Now horsehide - that would make a great and durable steering wheel - but I'm settling for the saddle leather. It's as close can be got to the mighty horse.
Don't want any cow parts in my iron horse!

Reactions: Max

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
People who drive classic cars may know the seats are stuffed with horse hair. Not cow hair.
Though I've surprised more than one person by asking how many horses were used to stuff the seats of 10,000s of various cars e.g. Porsches.
Then I tell them it's lowly coconut fibre (coir). And as flammable as the cardboard and plywood in other cheap parts of the car :LOL:
Now horsehide - that would make a great and durable steering wheel - but I'm settling for the saddle leather. It's as close can be got to the mighty horse.
and that's no bull!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not as energetically seeking diversion as I was this morning so examination of the coir market may have to wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom