The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Racechip for Ineos

K2grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
Just came across an interesting product from Racechip out of Europe. Their GTS 5 product has a version for the Grenadier. I appears as if it does not remap / overwrite your engine software but houses the software in a separate unit. With the optional phone app you can change drive modes from race to eco (not sure if you can do this while driving.... that might make me nervous) . Adds roughly 50hp and 50 LB ft of torque and most interesting up to 20% increase in MPG. Does anyone have experience with this or any other similar products.

https://www.racechip.us/shop/ineos/grenadier-from-2022/3-0-ti-4x4-2998ccm-280hp-210kw-329lb-ft.html

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
Racechip, that's a name I haven't heard mentioned by someone in the US in many years...

I have to :ROFLMAO: at their claim of 20% in fuel economy increase, especially from a piggyback though, I would be impressed to see a 5-7% gain, assuming light highway driving only. There's no reason changing maps can't happen while driving, especially with a piggyback, as it isn't actually a remap in anyway, all it is doing is altering the signals reaching the factory DME to trick it into doing what it wants (for example, most of these systems showing lower boost levels to the DME to get it to increase boost). The 50hp/50lb-ft seems definitely quite doable, and perhaps even quite mild of an increase; Burger Motorsports JB4 piggyback is up to 100HP on an otherwise stock B58 (not listed for the Ineos at this time)

For what it's worth, even with actual remaps, depending on the company and their map switching method, map changes even under full throttle are possible (I did lots of testing on this ~15-18 years ago with GIAC)

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
Racechip, that's a name I haven't heard mentioned by someone in the US in many years...

I have to :ROFLMAO: at their claim of 20% in fuel economy increase, especially from a piggyback though, I would be impressed to see a 5-7% gain, assuming light highway driving only. There's no reason changing maps can't happen while driving, especially with a piggyback, as it isn't actually a remap in anyway, all it is doing is altering the signals reaching the factory DME to trick it into doing what it wants (for example, most of these systems showing lower boost levels to the DME to get it to increase boost). The 50hp/50lb-ft seems definitely quite doable, and perhaps even quite mild of an increase; Burger Motorsports JB4 piggyback is up to 100HP on an otherwise stock B58 (not listed for the Ineos at this time)

For what it's worth, even with actual remaps, depending on the company and their map switching method, map changes even under full throttle are possible (I did lots of testing on this ~15-18 years ago with GIAC)
Hi anand, Now we just need someone to come out with a Racechip to remap the transmission so we can easily increase the torque. 🤣
DaBull

adamrochlin

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Purchased and installed the race chip on my Grenadier 2-months ago. Easy quick installation. I do feel the car drives smoother and less bogged-down trucky on acceleration. Also seems like I'm filling the gas tank less often, but maybe it's all in my head. Overall I think it drives better and smoother.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi anand, Now we just need someone to come out with a Racechip to remap the transmission so we can easily increase the torque. 🤣
DaBull
I thought the transmissions ability to handle more horsepower and torque was a hindrance to racechip type installations.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the transmissions ability to handle more horsepower and torque was a hindrance to racechip type installations.
Granted with a piggyback like the RaceChip you don't have full ECU/DME control, but with careful programming (especially with matching TCU calibration) you can put down a lot of power in applications that have transmissions that aren't "rated" to that power level... We did it for years with the earlier Audi/VW Tiptronic transmissions (and early DSGs).

Would it mean that power is useful or available in your average off road setting? Not at all, but then again, neither is the power gained from any sort of piggyback/flash/tune

Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
The GTS RaceChip. What do you guys think of this race chip? "UK: Auto-Top is an honest and pure car filming and testing company." The guy here said it you get an additional 88 bhp. This unit looks very well done. This engine is a B58 as mentioned in the comments. "MHD is one of the best tunes you can get for the B58 imo." (In My Opinion) This morning I wrote to AgileOffRoad on their website to get us a video on the new IOBOX Tuner. I already bought the IOBOX Throttle Controller, However the Tuner is the real power. (made in Germany)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1sDTAiREOE

I wrote to AgileOffRoad on their website to get us a video on the new IOBOX Tuner. I already bought the IOBOX Throttle Controller, However the Tuner gives the real power.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom