The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Picked up My Grenadier!

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
This sounds like they do not have custom software for NA? Are they just shipping the trucks worldwide with EU software?
Evidently, Yes. Probably why there were issues with the US spec tow packages.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
Took delivery of a Trialmaster Diesel in Sterling Silver from JT Hughes in Telford.

Super happy. Great handover and first impressions:

1. Looks are just awesome
  2. Very comfortable on the 200 mile journey home in poor weather
  3. The foot rest on RHD models isn't an issue ( I'm 6' 0")
  4. No issue also with the gap the windscreen wiper leaves unswept on RHD
  5. No vibration at circa 1750 rpm and 60 - 65 mph as some have reported.
  6. No software warnings - bings and bongs

So overall the issues that early adopters had seem, so far at least, to have been resolved.

What I did experience though was a fairly ineffective heating system. OK it was about 0-2 degs C, but it took perhaps 50 miles to get a good temperature inside the cabin - thank goodness for the heated seats! I didnt try the AC!

Overall very pleased - I had considered cancelling my order after the initial issues some of you had experienced and on a £70k vehicle I felt these were unacceptable - but I persevered and would encourage anyone else to do the same.

There..... that's tempted fate hasnt it.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
All – I picked up my Grenadier earlier this week from Regal in Atlanta. They did a great job with the handover. I think I was the first delivery in the Southeast so I got the full RIG experience with the Owner, General Manager, and a whole team of other great people.

I love the Scottish White Color. It's not a Bright White like you see on Range Rovers or G-Wagons. It's more of an Eggshell and looks really sharp in my opinion. I know a lot of people went with the steel wheels. I made a last-minute change before ordering and went with the 17” Alloys. Again, I was surprised at the color, which is more of a dark grey metallic, and love it. Especially with the BFG K02s.

All of my add-ons were installed pre-delivery except the Checker Plate which will hopefully be available soon. They are easy to install so not worried about that when the time comes.

I logged about 250 miles driving back to Nashville. This included one obligatory stop at Buc-ee’s on the way back and a refill at Costco when I got back to Nashville. It drives very well at highway speeds. More corrections than driving a newer Range Rover but not bad.

I’ve had a chance to put some city miles on it over the last few days. The steering-related stuff that people have been discussing isn’t an issue or even noticeable to me.

The one issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is the newly released ADAS system for the 2024 models. ADAS has Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, and a few other things, is ON by default and must be turned OFF fairly deep in the display menu every time you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning beeps and clicks are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for ISA starts at 1 MPH over the speed limit in most cases and it’s like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. That’s even with the sound turned down to the lowest level.

This process to turn it off, which is CRAZY To me is 10 STEPS:

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > Carplay
Note: My startup screen is Carplay

AND, you have to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME you start the vehicle.

I am hoping for a software option / fix. However, it says in the manual that these features can be changed, but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual is attached

Overall, Looks great, rock solid on the road, and very happy with the fit and finish. But that one issue is killing the experience.

View attachment 7834600View attachment 7834602View attachment 7834603View attachment 7834601View attachment 7834606
View attachment 7834605

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
I received a very cool Yeti-like cooler! And a coffee Mug! And a t-shirt!
In the midsts of all the reactions about the bings and warning tones forgot to ask about the roof rails. On the '23 demo I drove I noticed that looking from the back of the car toward the front - the roof rail was not very straight but wavy. Did they correct that one the '24s?

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
In the midsts of all the reactions about the bings and warning tones forgot to ask about the roof rails. On the '23 demo I drove I noticed that looking from the back of the car toward the front - the roof rail was not very straight but wavy. Did they correct that one the '24s?
My Rails are straight!

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
Wow Congratulations! Me jealous! Can't wait to get mine!!! Thanks for sharing!

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone picking up their rigs.

I spoke to Michael from RDS and mine is at the dealership, just waiting on some accessories to get installed before I can pick mine up. I'm debating flying into PA and driving back or just making it a road trip with a buddy or GF.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone picking up their rigs.

I spoke to Michael from RDS and mine is at the dealership, just waiting on some accessories to get installed before I can pick mine up. I'm debating flying into PA and driving back or just making it a road trip with a buddy or GF.
Look forward to pictures!!!

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Bazooka. When will you be picking up your G? I will be at RDS Saturday tomorrow and would like to meet up.
I wish it were tomorrow, and the previous two weekends as well. :) I don't have a confirmed pick up date from RDS yet but as soon as I do I'll be sure to post it up.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Bazooka. When will you be picking up your G? I will be at RDS Saturday tomorrow and would like to meet up.
Are you picking up!!!?

Local time
Reaction score
I personally know the owners. One of them’s name is Beaver and his dog was Buckee. They went to school with my dad and uncle. When they were first expanding they said “we can’t not make money on I10”. Now I swear they’re like the Waltons. They own the trucking/fuel side of the house, too. Zero investors.
Aggies, for life!!!!! Like me!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Aggies, for life!!!!! Like me!
Texas Longhorns GIF by ESPN

(edit - I'm neither, just like to bust balls. Also, certainly hop Texas wins it all this season)

RPK

Local time
Reaction score
Cover the camera?

Are you picking up!!!?
I spoke to Michael today and he said so far 28 trucks have been delivered to the dealership and one went to a customer yesterday. He repeated that the company has said the tow hitch fix would take 4 to 8 weeks and we are at 4 weeks..... basically my 2024 Trialmaster sitting at the Port of Baltimore will be delivered in 2024.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to Michael today and he said so far 28 trucks have been delivered to the dealership and one went to a customer yesterday. He repeated that the company has said the tow hitch fix would take 4 to 8 weeks and we are at 4 weeks..... basically my 2024 Trialmaster sitting at the Port of Baltimore will be delivered in 2024.
Please correct me if I'm wrong... Does that mean they aren't releasing from port the vehicles with tow hitches until the problem is fixed?

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Please correct me if I'm wrong... Does that mean they aren't releasing from port the vehicles with tow hitches until the problem is fixed?
that is my understanding, as requires tools/training that not all Dealers may (yet) have.

Back
Top Bottom