The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Picked up My Grenadier!

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
@Offroad can the speed annoyance maker be turned off while in motion via settings? In other words, your driving, forgot to shut off the “feature”, the bongs start, “Oh crap”, and you can hit your favorites on the move and turn it off.
It can be turned off while in motion.

Small annoyance to do so, but second thought really.

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wasn't sure how much it would bother me, turns out pretty big annoyance if left on. Really not much of an annoyance to turn it off.

Maybe if you are in and out of your car all day. Followed the advice of another poster and just made a shortcut to the menu. Like turning off the start/stop button now.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Congrats. Have a good ride and, above all, do as Brad says: „Get mud on the tyres.“ :D

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Seems like all the pickups so far are for Fieldmasters

RPK

Local time
Reaction score
Please correct me if I'm wrong... Does that mean they aren't releasing from port the vehicles with tow hitches until the problem is fixed?
That seems to be the case. He said it was a "software" fix....but honestly I don't know what the fix is.... As for not bringing the vehicles up from the Port until they have the fix in place...I can only assume that this may have something to do with who "owns" the vehicle when it leaves the Port. Does anyone know when the ownership of the vehicle transfers to the dealership? I'm just making this up, but it occurred to me if I was a dealer, I would want to own the vehicle for as short of time as possible....and if I can delay that until the tow fix happens....why wouldn't I do that?

Since I'm based in Virginia, I really don't want to pick my vehicle up and then circle back to get this fix done in a couple of weeks with another couple hour drive. I've waited several years...I can handle a couple more weeks.

Local time
Reaction score
That seems to be the case. He said it was a "software" fix....but honestly I don't know what the fix is.... As for not bringing the vehicles up from the Port until they have the fix in place...I can only assume that this may have something to do with who "owns" the vehicle when it leaves the Port. Does anyone know when the ownership of the vehicle transfers to the dealership? I'm just making this up, but it occurred to me if I was a dealer, I would want to own the vehicle for as short of time as possible....and if I can delay that until the tow fix happens....why wouldn't I do that?

Since I'm based in Virginia, I really don't want to pick my vehicle up and then circle back to get this fix done in a couple of weeks with another couple hour drive. I've waited several years...I can handle a couple more weeks.
That’s a great question. I wonder who owns the vehicle during transit, as technically it hasn’t been “delivered” to the intermediary owner (the dealership). I doubt the dealer, nor its floor-plan lender would move money, without the asset being handed over to the dealer (possession).

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

The hitch portion and the drop ball are in the back of the truck. Latest, as of Friday, was that they were to keep the drop ball and hitch portion at the dealership. Then install when the fix comes.

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
congratulation, waiting patiently for mine in Florida.

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations! The Donny Grey looks a lot better than I thought it would. I did see on social media where RDS delivered its first IG; Britannia Blue Fieldmaster.

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The vehicle is invoiced to the selling dealer when it is loaded onto the carrier.
The Monotony Label for vehicles that are in RDS's inventory do not have labels affixed to the window of the vehicle, but are sitting on some dashboards. The completed price is affected by dealer installed options.
RDS has 12 units sitting on their lot as of yesterday. All are non-tow hitch units. Someone ordered a sled for Santa!IMG_4242.jpeg

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The vehicle is invoiced to the selling dealer when it is loaded onto the carrier.
The Monotony Label for vehicles that are in RDS's inventory do not have labels affixed to the window of the vehicle, but are sitting on some dashboards. The completed price is affected by dealer installed options.
RDS has 12 units sitting on their lot as of yesterday. All are non-tow hitch units. Someone ordered a sled for Santa!IMG_4242.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom