The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Picked up My Grenadier!

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
The vehicle is invoiced to the selling dealer when it is loaded onto the carrier.
The Monotony Label for vehicles that are in RDS's inventory do not have labels affixed to the window of the vehicle, but are sitting on some dashboards. The completed price is affected by dealer installed options.
RDS has 12 units sitting on their lot as of yesterday. All are non-tow hitch units. Someone ordered a sled for Santa!View attachment 7835474
Was second guessing myself whether I should have gone with the powdercoated frame on my Sela Green. No longer second guessing.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
That seems to be the case. He said it was a "software" fix....but honestly I don't know what the fix is.... As for not bringing the vehicles up from the Port until they have the fix in place...I can only assume that this may have something to do with who "owns" the vehicle when it leaves the Port. Does anyone know when the ownership of the vehicle transfers to the dealership? I'm just making this up, but it occurred to me if I was a dealer, I would want to own the vehicle for as short of time as possible....and if I can delay that until the tow fix happens....why wouldn't I do that?

Since I'm based in Virginia, I really don't want to pick my vehicle up and then circle back to get this fix done in a couple of weeks with another couple hour drive. I've waited several years...I can handle a couple more weeks.
The dealer pays for the vehicles when they are ready to be shipped per Mossy.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The vehicle is invoiced to the selling dealer when it is loaded onto the carrier.
The Monotony Label for vehicles that are in RDS's inventory do not have labels affixed to the window of the vehicle, but are sitting on some dashboards. The completed price is affected by dealer installed options.
RDS has 12 units sitting on their lot as of yesterday. All are non-tow hitch units. Someone ordered a sled for Santa!View attachment 7835474
From what I can tell all units are fieldmasters or stock buildups. I’d read the Trialmasters need additional inspections due to the high power overhead wiring. Still it’s been over a month now in port. For a couple hundred vehicles per port how long can it really take?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Still it’s been over a month now in port. For a couple hundred vehicles per port how long can it really take?
The wiring inspection is a more recent campaign than the trailer wiring matter from what I've gathered... With that being said, to the best of my knowledge the port personnel are all Wallenius Wilhelmsen employees, and thus are dealing with all the vehicles coming to their respective ports on their ships (across many different brands); so there is only so many man-hours per day available.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The wiring inspection is a more recent campaign than the trailer wiring matter from what I've gathered... With that being said, to the best of my knowledge the port personnel are all Wallenius Wilhelmsen employees, and thus are dealing with all the vehicles coming to their respective ports on their ships (across many different brands); so there is only so many man-hours per day available.
Okay need some enlightenment from those with more knowledge ... high power overhead wiring? Trailmaster vs Fieldmaster. Thank you!

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Okay need some enlightenment from those with more knowledge ... high power overhead wiring? Trailmaster vs Fieldmaster. Thank you!
There was a concern raised that some of the units with the overhead panel had a pinched wire in the system. They are suppose to be removing a panel and checking the wiring to see if it is pinched.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There was a concern raised that some of the units with the overhead panel had a pinched wire in the system. They are suppose to be removing a panel and checking the wiring to see if it is pinched.
Thank you very much for that info!
You know, I'm expecting a vehicle that has been built within a clean factory. I'm not expecting a vehicle with smudge marks everywhere due people crawling around inside having to "undo/redo" an interior panel. That said, if the people at the ports are WW employees, how the heck would they fully appreciate whether a wire was pinched VS. trained employees at dealerships who are working in cleaner facilities.
I welcome being corrected with assurances that a vehicle I'm paying high $90s for will come from the factory in pristine condition interior and exterior. I've waited since Oct 2021 and I'm becoming drained with post production issues.
Thank you.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You know, I'm expecting a vehicle that has been built within a clean factory. I'm not expecting a vehicle with smudge marks everywhere due people crawling around inside having to "undo/redo" an interior panel. That said, if the people at the ports are WW employees, how the heck would they fully appreciate whether a wire was pinched VS. trained employees at dealerships who are working in cleaner facilities.
I welcome being corrected with assurances that a vehicle I'm paying high $90s for will come from the factory in pristine condition interior and exterior. I've waited since Oct 2021 and I'm becoming drained with post production issues.
Thank you.
From what I've been heard the wiring inspection is at the dealers during the PDI process, not at the ports.

Calling any dealership a "cleaner facility" is a bit of a misnomer, and at least here at the Port of Baltimore, many (if not most?) of the W&W employees are ex-dealer techs. Additionally, the Ineos technical team spent time training the employees at the ports as well.

Removing the overhead panel is as simple as a good yank, no real instance for smudges luckily (y)

There is no reason your vehicle shouldn't be meticulously pristine when you get it, if it isn't, it lies on the dealership to make it right for you.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you.
It will be all that. There is a process for detailing the vehicle and reviewing all the systems prior to your delivery. Look at the positive side of this situation, they identified a concern (not a definitive issue) and are making going through the process to determine if it needs correcting prior to your ownership. I would much rather they identify any concerns prior to delivery. This process is also done for autos far more expensive than an IG. I once sold Ferraris, Rolls Royce, and Aston Martins. They all have been through this process. You just never heard about it because there is not such an in-depth following as being exhibited by the IG community. It will be in pristine condition so you can get it muddy and scratched by branches, lol

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From what I've been heard the wiring inspection is at the dealers during the PDI process, not at the ports.

Calling any dealership a "cleaner facility" is a bit of a misnomer, and at least here at the Port of Baltimore, many (if not most?) of the W&W employees are ex-dealer techs. Additionally, the Ineos technical team spent time training the employees at the ports as well.

Removing the overhead panel is as simple as a good yank, no real instance for smudges luckily (y)

There is no reason your vehicle shouldn't be meticulously pristine when you get it, if it isn't, it lies on the dealership to make it right for you.
I trust your experience and knowledge and thank you for sharing this info! (y)
Ugh my dealer is Triad ... about to send a search part out for them :(. Grateful for all the info shared from other Dealers! Really setting an example of quality and caring about customers. And if someone from Triad is part of this Forum, how about sending out an update ...
Thank you!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And if someone from Triad is part of this Forum, how about sending out an update ...
crickets GIF

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It will be all that. There is a process for detailing the vehicle and reviewing all the systems prior to your delivery. Look at the positive side of this situation, they identified a concern (not a definitive issue) and are making going through the process to determine if it needs correcting prior to your ownership. I would much rather they identify any concerns prior to delivery. This process is also done for autos far more expensive than an IG. I once sold Ferraris, Rolls Royce, and Aston Martins. They all have been through this process. You just never heard about it because there is not such an in-depth following as being exhibited by the IG community. It will be in pristine condition so you can get it muddy and scratched by branches, lol
Exactly! Let me do the damage ☺️!
Thank you Rubicon for sharing this insight. Agree (+) a concern has been identified prior to pick up since that is a 7 hr round trip drive!
I am truly amazed at the depth of knowledge of the people on this Forum and a thank you to Stu (which can not be adequately expressed in words) for creating this Forum! Cheers!

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
That seems to be the case. He said it was a "software" fix....but honestly I don't know what the fix is.... As for not bringing the vehicles up from the Port until they have the fix in place...I can only assume that this may have something to do with who "owns" the vehicle when it leaves the Port. Does anyone know when the ownership of the vehicle transfers to the dealership? I'm just making this up, but it occurred to me if I was a dealer, I would want to own the vehicle for as short of time as possible....and if I can delay that until the tow fix happens....why wouldn't I do that?

Since I'm based in Virginia, I really don't want to pick my vehicle up and then circle back to get this fix done in a couple of weeks with another couple hour drive. I've waited several years...I can handle a couple more weeks.
As I understand it - while it is at the port it is in a customs/bonded area under the custodial ownership of a 3rd party forwarder contracted to Ineos. Once that is dropped off at the dealer - they own the inventory.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
Add to it all the other non-Ineos inventory W/W is working on as well

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
True but I need to take receipt this year (taxes) and it having been in port 5 weeks is starting to get a bit bothersome. Some that arrived after mine have already been delivered.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So the license plate, is it just screwed in the bumper or are there actual holes? To me it looks like its mounted too low on the bumper?
I agree. Clearly an afterthought and not a good one. I'm sure there is a way to get it higher but not with that plastic bracket.

Back
Top Bottom