The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Picked up My Grenadier!

MossyIG

Grenadier Owner
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
From what I've been heard the wiring inspection is at the dealers during the PDI process, not at the ports.

Calling any dealership a "cleaner facility" is a bit of a misnomer, and at least here at the Port of Baltimore, many (if not most?) of the W&W employees are ex-dealer techs. Additionally, the Ineos technical team spent time training the employees at the ports as well.

Removing the overhead panel is as simple as a good yank, no real instance for smudges luckily (y)

There is no reason your vehicle shouldn't be meticulously pristine when you get it, if it isn't, it lies on the dealership to make it right for you.
Initially this was found at ports and an official inspection/repair process had to be released before dealers can perform this during PDI. It has now been released and dealers will be performing this. It's not in the overhead panel, it's in the rear cargo area and very easy to access, inspect and repair if needed.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
Mounted like that, it won't even clear the hitch receiver.
Looks pretty bad - far too low. It's always weird on EU cars because the proportion of our respective rectangular plates is so different. But if that's where the holes are I'll probably relocate mine.

I also need to consider the front as it's NJ law to have a front-mounted plate too.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
Looks pretty bad - far too low. It's always weird on EU cars because the proportion of our respective rectangular plates is so different. But if that's where the holes are I'll probably relocate mine.

I also need to consider the front as it's NJ law to have a front-mounted plate too.
CA has a front mounted law as well - but I’ve never had a front plate on any of my cars. Here they cannot pull you over for just that reason so why bother with it making the front look bad

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
CA has a front mounted law as well - but I’ve never had a front plate on any of my cars. Here they cannot pull you over for just that reason so why bother with it making the front look bad
Same in Washington. I have no plate on my current car but if I get pulled over, I revieve a 50 dollar fine. I'm okay with that.

For those not familiar, many times some cars are damaged in shipping process. Then they are repaired at a facility and then sold brand new on lots. My uncles job was to do body and paint repair for the Toyota processing plant in IL. It want just him, they had a team of 12 that went around, checked cars and did repairs plus repaints.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
Or just a fresh set of holes, it's only plastic.... The tag can definitely be mounted higher, look at any of the PTO2 trucks or the dealer demos
Or, I ran US plates on my Troopy from Finland using neodymium magnets.

But the Gren bumper is plastic?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Our bumpers should be steel and moving the plate shouldn't be too difficult, but I wouldn't trust magnets here. Besides shady people, with my luck it would get bumped off along a trail never to be seen again.

In NJ, I don't know what the fine is, but AFAIK you can be pulled over for not having one. I'd rather not deal with that so I'll run a plate.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But the Gren bumper is plastic?
From memory that section where the tag goes is plastic; I could be horribly mistaken about that though, but I vaguely remember feeling it when doing something with plates on a PTO2 truck

Kb6tho

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
… but they can, and do, ticket for no front plate in public parking structures here in CA 😡🙄

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It's not CA in action - you don't even live here. I've never had a ticket despite not flying a front plate for 20+ years, nor has anyone I know.
Periodically, the (Airport?) Police at LAX would ’set up shop’ next to the iconic Theme Building and issue tickets for California Cars not displaying front plates as they cruised past. Now that optical ‘license plate readers’ are in widespread use, perhaps front plates are more important…

Back
Top Bottom